Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

IS-F It's An Anti- Depressant !

So I started a refurb job today for a customer Kitchen-Bathroom-cloakroom stuff like that.

The aspect that was always going to be the worst I decided to tackle first knowing that everything else would be a cake walk.

The ground floor is suspended timber with very narrow voids which I had to crawl down to dig out and replace 2 lengths of damaged soil pipes and copper pipe up for the new sink /toilet supplies.

So you are thinking its bad but not that bad, but the soil pipes had been leaking for some time 💩

Its bearable as inside the breathing kit I was wearing I sprayed some of Mrs Rats Channel no5, always wondered what it was for !

Bloody hard graft but 71/2 hours later all done and tested in one go yippee 😀 Mentally and physically k........

In the shower and out in the IS-F for a blast over the sunny mendip hills - it felt sooooooo goooooood 😂

Big Rat

• Like 3

Well done you, skinning your knuckles and earning brownie points.  Sounds like a nasty job.

I hate plumbing, I do it but I hate it.

A hack in the beastie afterwards sounds like a great reward tho :tongue_smilie:

PS: I scanned your post title and initially I thought it said 'anti-perspirant'!  Long day, tired eyes and all that :facepalm:

• Like 1

Thanx Lee not the normal sort of thing you post about I suppose, but probably like you it's good to get the worst over with first

The rip out in the car was a genuine pick me up !

Is see you have a Gs450 H in your picture still got it ?

By coincidence there was one in Train station car park when I was waiting for Mrs Rat, it looked good, it had a dark red interior black exterior is that standard colour for inside, we had this chat on a previous thread on the IS-F, but no one mentioned other models in the range .

Big Rat

Yup, I've had the GS450H for around 3 weeks now. I'm still getting used to it but I'm liking it thus far. It's a good step up from my old Civic, even tho it had a stage 2 remap/coilvers/bigger brakes.

My interior is black, the paint is black and I get lots of funeral director jibes! LOL
  • Like 2

56 minutes ago, Big Rat said:

So I started a refurb job today for a customer Kitchen-Bathroom-cloakroom stuff like that.

The aspect that was always going to be the worst I decided to tackle first knowing that everything else would be a cake walk.

The ground floor is suspended timber with very narrow voids which I had to crawl down to dig out and replace 2 lengths of damaged soil pipes and copper pipe up for the new sink /toilet supplies.

So you are thinking its bad but not that bad, but the soil pipes had been leaking for some time 💩

Its bearable as inside the breathing kit I was wearing I sprayed some of Mrs Rats Channel no5, always wondered what it was for !

Bloody hard graft but 71/2 hours later all done and tested in one go yippee 😀 Mentally and physically k........

In the shower and out in the IS-F for a blast over the sunny mendip hills - it felt sooooooo goooooood 😂

Big Rat

You deserved that! I am a bit envious, as it has been raining here!

• Like 1

Yes there are a lot of conversations on here about body colour I never get involved with it my self cough......cough 

Nowt wrong with black matey !

I guess what you've got now is a bit more refined of a refined drive but still pretty quick 🤣

Big Rat

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Spacewagon52 said:

You deserved that! I am a bit envious, as it has been raining here!

Shame for you an opportunity I needed to grasp sunny Somerset 🌞!

Big Rat

1 hour ago, Big Rat said:

Big Rat

Couldn't agree more, I'm often out on appointments during the day and I almost look forward to the short but satisfying journeys in the ISF. :yahoo:

How right you are on both counts, being laid up for a week or so with shingles couple of weeks back felt the same as you

Got up to the window face pressed up against glass looking down at it sat on the drive....... to anybody walking by I must of resembled a chicken poxed 5 year old with his face pressed up to the sweet shop window  😂 

Big Rat

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Big Rat said:

How right you are on both counts, being laid up for a week or so with shingles couple of weeks back felt the same as you

Got up to the window face pressed up against glass looking down at it sat on the drive....... to anybody walking by I must of resembled a chicken poxed 5 year old with his face pressed up to the sweet shop window  😂 

Big Rat

😁 Same here @Big Rat. 7 days in Lanzarote itching to get back in the F, got gout in my right foot at the end of the holiday, couldn't drive for another (5 days) after that, then the F's service and recalls (2 days). Happy to say I'm now back behind the wheel....

The worst was the drive back from the airport, sat in the passenger seat with the Mrs driving back from Gatwick.  I was serious considering left foot driving the flight back....😁 

Off to mid Wales now you know what that it's not about you driving your 'F' around enjoying yourself in what is one of the best value normally aspirated , reliable , fun cars availbe on the second hand market for not a lot of money cough...... cough.......

ITS ABOUT NOT FORGETTING LOTS OF PICS ON HERE FOR US   GOT IT 😂😂😂😂

And if you are not going on your own a little video clip as well and while I'm on the ask in Crickhowell there is a little off-licence that used to sell Anniversary tinnies of a certain drink you may have heard mentioned in these parts called Guinness 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Big Rat

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, emjay82 said:

The worst was the drive back from the airport, sat in the passenger seat with the Mrs driving back from Gatwick.  I was serious considering left foot driving the flight back....😁 

Glad we're going to Spain in Mrs Rats motor 😬

🐀

9 minutes ago, emjay82 said:

😁 Same here @Big Rat. 7 days in Lanzarote itching to get back in the F, got gout in my right foot at the end of the holiday, couldn't drive for another (5 days) after that, then the F's service and recalls (2 days). Happy to say I'm now back behind the wheel....

Which 2 recalls were they matey ?

🐀

1 minute ago, Big Rat said:

Does yours 'steer' as well as those jets now !

🐀

I'm guessing so. Really didn't get chance to try her out properly yesterday. Way too much traffic around. She's tucked up in bed  now (i.e. in my garage). 

• Like 2

As mine had been in Ireland for 3 years I don't think that they had a record of the recalls, although its always been serviced at Lexus/Toyota in Ireland. They mentioned the airbag was being done when I dropped the car off which surprised me but when I picked it up it wasn't done. 

DSC_0066.JPG

4 hours ago, Mark G said:

Just got back from a site inspection, decided to take the F, very therapeutic although the roads were very greasy which made for some "interesting" moments.

I've seen your 'interesting ' and the cruelty and lack of respect you showed that poor little GoPro 🎥

Big Rat

3 minutes ago, Big Rat said:

I've seen your 'interesting ' and the cruelty and lack of respect you showed that poor little GoPro 🎥

Big Rat

Ahhh yes, I must get that out next time we meet up, get the silver ones on film...................

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links