Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lovely looking car iside & out, if i were on wirrel though my first trip would be opposite direction to s wales & proffes for another lpg conversion, then straight up to scotland for around the same or less price as wirrel to scotland

13 minutes ago, Spacewagon52 said:

Sorry Paul, I think I have been looking at a different car. I was looking at the American ones. 

What does yours look like?

Ah I see - you were replying to the link which had those very US looking red LS's. Mine can be seen in the earlier replies - one's a bit red but it's not the LS :wink:.

4 hours ago, dendonc said:

Lovely looking car iside & out, if i were on wirrel though my first trip would be opposite direction to s wales & proffes for another lpg conversion, then straight up to scotland for around the same or less price as wirrel to scotland

That's an interesting point Denis. I doubt if I'll be doing more than 2 to 3 thousand miles a year with this car though (I currently work from home) so can't see an LPG conversion repaying itself that quickly. 

There are some photos that have not come out. Your cars are the silver 430LS and the red GS450h ? - I do like BOTH! That red sets off the GS well. I would never buy a flat red car again, as the paint fades to pink but metallics don't seem to suffer with the same problem.. 

Hi Paul, I agree with you. Most of us don't do enough miles to make the risk of spending on a conversion worthwhile. I have looked at it over the years and still come back to the same view. Different of course if high mileage, or already had the conversion done, when your view is affected every time you fill up ......with glee !!!!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Spacewagon52 said:

There are some photos that have not come out. Your cars are the silver 430LS and the red GS450h ? - I do like BOTH! That red sets off the GS well. I would never buy a flat red car again, as the paint fades to pink but metallics don't seem to suffer with the same problem.. 

Yep, I had that happen on an old Cavalier and seen it on lots of other flat red cars. Must be something to do with the pigments and sunshine? I did have a Supra MKIV in plain red and that didn't have problems with fading (it was about 10 years old at the time), so maybe Toyota's quality wins out yet again :wink:. I guess maintenance and where it's parked (garaged) etc must also play a factor.

24 minutes ago, RgrWynne said:

Hi Paul, I agree with you. Most of us don't do enough miles to make the risk of spending on a conversion worthwhile.

There's no 'risk' involved in having an LPG conversion done. It's a cleaner fuel that's better for the engine, better for the environment and better for the wallet. I appreciate that if you don't do a lot of miles then it may not be worth the cost (mine was £1,400) but there's certainly nothing risky about a conversion.

Hi wasn't suggesting risk about conversion, it was risk of amount spent versus doing enough mileage to warrant conversion. I have nothing against lpg conversions and agree with what you say, but as in my case I do not or will not cover enough miles to justify (risk spending) the cost, that's all.

• Like 1

Yea thats very little mileage & doubtful if it would pay its way ever, still, theres the great grandkids to think off, with that mileage it will be going on for them & still be luxury car minus TV & back scratcher

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, RgrWynne said:

Hi wasn't suggesting risk about conversion, it was risk of amount spent versus doing enough mileage to warrant conversion. I have nothing against lpg conversions and agree with what you say, but as in my case I do not or will not cover enough miles to justify (risk spending) the cost, that's all.

Fair enough Roger, I obviously misread your post :wacko:

27 minutes ago, dendonc said:

Yea thats very little mileage & doubtful if it would pay its way ever, still, theres the great grandkids to think off, with that mileage it will be going on for them & still be luxury car minus TV & back scratcher

I do intend to keep hold of this for a while (unless circumstances change) so yeah it could be passed down the family at some point :).  I did a quick check using one of those LPG calculators and I'd be better off by around £100 a year in fuel costs with my expected usage, so I'll leave that decision to the munchkins :).

13 minutes ago, ScousePaul said:

I do intend to keep hold of this for a while (unless circumstances change) so yeah it could be passed down the family at some point :).  I did a quick check using one of those LPG calculators and I'd be better off by around £100 a year in fuel costs with my expected usage, so I'll leave that decision to the munchkins :).

I started a topic recently trying to find owners of an RX400h and a petrol RX300 in my own area so that we could compare fuel useage in real-world terms. It doesn't mean much at the moment because fuel prices vary around the country (which is why I need someone in my own area) but, using http://www.fuelly.com to compare against others, I found that a petrol-only RX300 was the most expensive at 22.5p/mile, the RX400h came in at 19.6p/mile and my LPG RX300 is costing 12.6p/mile in fuel. The conversion was well worth it for us as we'll soon recoup the cost.

• Like 1

That Fuelly site is interesting John. Lots of tips there for getting the best mpg. My tip is to turn off the display on the LS that shows current or tank mpg (this works for the 450h as well :yes:). If I was doing serious mileage I'd watch it more closely (and consider an LPG conversion), but for now I just assume I'll get at best 20mpg mixed driving and 30 on a good motorway run.

• Like 1

On 19/02/2017 at 1:49 PM, The-Acre said:

Beautiful looking vessel!  I've had mine for exactly a year now and it's been faultless, and for a 16 year old it still drives better than most new cars I've tried.

Same here, - I've been in a number of friends, acquaintances and colleges cars since owning mine, - many of them new - and I wonder how they put up with the noise, uncomfortable seats, crashy suspension etc etc :D :D

• Like 2

On 2/19/2017 at 1:35 PM, ScousePaul said:

That Fuelly site is interesting John. Lots of tips there for getting the best mpg. My tip is to turn off the display on the LS that shows current or tank mpg (this works for the 450h as well :yes:). If I was doing serious mileage I'd watch it more closely (and consider an LPG conversion), but for now I just assume I'll get at best 20mpg mixed driving and 30 on a good motorway run.

I`ve been to Fallingbostal in Northern Germany from the Wirral a few times in the GS 450h and watched excitedly as the miles covered since the last refill plus the miles left in the tank approached 500.Twice it has reached 499 but no further. Then I calaculated that 500 miles per tank only gives 35 mpg, then I thought that 35mpg from a V6 capable of 0-60 in less than 6 seconds and a top speed limited to 155mph, covering the ground in almost total silence......and aren`t I a very lucky boy !!

Mr Keats said that beauty lies in the eye of the beholder and we who drive GS or LS have sometihng very wonderful to behold.

Regards

John

1 minute ago, Chris Skelton said:

Anyway, it's definitely Man Utd Red?

Seems more like Bayern to me Chris.

Regards

John

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Chris Skelton said:

Anyway, it's definitely Man Utd Red?

7 hours ago, royoftherovers said:

Seems more like Bayern to me Chris.

There is only one true red as I'm sure you know... :thumbsup:. My cars are a bit like my team - a bit lacking in modern features but solid quality that will outlast fashionable whippersnappers :yes:.

• Like 1

Hi Paul

MVR Liverpool is the indi I am going to use , I have heard nothing but good stuff about him but I have to wait 3 weeks just for a service 

I was lucky enough to own a 4 year old LS430 , it was by far the finest car I ever owned , I only sold it as I ran into financial problems but what a motorway cruiser

I now have the GS300 , it is not half the car of the LS430

Good luck and keep me informed if you find any Lexus stuff around Liverpool 

thanks

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JimBobS said:

Hi Paul

MVR Liverpool is the indi I am going to use , I have heard nothing but good stuff about him but I have to wait 3 weeks just for a service 

I was lucky enough to own a 4 year old LS430 , it was by far the finest car I ever owned , I only sold it as I ran into financial problems but what a motorway cruiser

I now have the GS300 , it is not half the car of the LS430

Good luck and keep me informed if you find any Lexus stuff around Liverpool 

thanks

MVR....SOUNDS LIKE A GOOD INDIE WELL WORTH KNOWING ABOUT.MOBILE TOO.GOOD REVIEWS ALSO.

Regards

John

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links