Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Calling all Lexus LS Owners!

I've been tasked with helping organise the launch of the new LS500 at our Dealership, which is expected to hit showrooms at some point in January.

Having seen and driven it in Milan, it's a beautiful, beautiful thing. You will love it.

Without giving too much away, I'm looking for a couple of owners of ideally a gen 1 and gen 3 LS.

They'd need to be in "good to great" condition (I appreciate they will potentially have up to 30 years use).

I'd need to borrow them for a night, maybe even a couple of days - but would organise something to repay the favour.

Please drop me an email if you think you could help:

john.parker@vantagemotorgroup.co.uk

Many Thanks,

John.

Lexus Birmingham.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I offered mine but being slightly modified and Toyota badged not heard back, I remember a few years ago there was an immaculate 1992 Black LS400 used by Lexus for another launch, pretty sure it was owned by an LOC member too.

It was and here it is

1 hour ago, steve2006 said:

I offered mine but being slightly modified and Toyota badged not heard back, I remember a few years ago there was an immaculate 1992 Black LS400 used by Lexus for another launch, pretty sure it was owned by an LOC member too.

It was and here it is

I remember it well, an absolute beauty.

I was given a deal by the sales exec in a southern england dealership when launching the 460  but the exec got the chop and the Ceo refused to honour the promised freshen up my Mark 1 as to expensive, so I have been very wary of these offers ever since.

They are very stingy, with no cash changing hands just minimum complimentary rewards.

I doubt the experience is good for the car with strangers pawing it and jumping in and out trying to relive the experience.

I don't let anyone drive my car unless it is essential so that alone is a good reason not to do these events.

Takes me back to 1984. I'd just bought a renovated Citroen Traction Avant Commerciale (Hatchback! The hatch weighed about 60kg!). Immediately lent it to local Citroen dealer to celebrate '50 years of Front Wheel drive'.

Then went off around Northern Iberia for 10 weeks in it! Big enough to sleep inside on occasion!

Broke a driveshaft in  Segovia, (I think the car sensed we were en route to Pyrenees!) so got a rental to get there, whilst local garage sourced driveshaft and fixed it (!!!)

Only other trauma was petrol tank leak (Underneath it!) in Picos de Europa, temporarily fixed with chewing gum until local place fixed it -for £5!

...and the 'Familiale' version had extra row of fold-up seats (like old taxis). Mine just had a huge space there. I built a platform, boot to (back of) front seats that was 6 feet long, so we could sleep in inclement weather, plus store camping stuff underneath. I can recall waking in the middle of Spanish-'nowhere', by a lake, to nuzzling, curious goats being herded past at dawn; plus, driving through villages, folk would stand up and clap!

Mine was cream. I'd post a pic, but none on computer (no scanner)

6 hours ago, Chris Skelton said:

...and the 'Familiale' version had extra row of fold-up seats (like old taxis). Mine just had a huge space there. I built a platform, boot to (back of) front seats that was 6 feet long, so we could sleep in inclement weather, plus store camping stuff underneath. I can recall waking in the middle of Spanish-'nowhere', by a lake, to nuzzling, curious goats being herded past at dawn; plus, driving through villages, folk would stand up and clap!

Thanks for sharing that Chris.

19 hours ago, Chris Skelton said:

That sounds great, how long ago did you have that car?  It looks amazing and the history of it is very interesting.