Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

What did you do to your Lexus today.

15 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

They are car wrap people located in Glasgow.

No John, I have not seen them or heard of them, probably because I was never into wrapping cars, I am more of an old school - 2 bucket wash, Tar removal, polish and wax! 🙂

Mainly because my method is cheaper and another reason, if I do my method it keeps me fit and outside for a couple of hours. 🙂

What would I do with the wrapped car?! 🙂

15 minutes ago, Vlady said:

No John, I have not seen them or heard of them, probably because I was never into wrapping cars, I am more of an old school - 2 bucket wash, Tar removal, polish and wax! 🙂

Mainly because my method is cheaper and another reason, if I do my method it keeps me fit and outside for a couple of hours. 🙂

What would I do with the wrapped car?! 🙂

It was just that I gleaned that you wanted to see more photos Vlady and there are many on SHORES WEBSITE. I was thinking of looking in at them on my next trip t o our daughter in Paisley, but Covid has put the stop to that.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

It was just that I gleaned that you wanted to see more photos Vlady and there are many on SHORES WEBSITE. I was thinking of looking in at them on my next trip t o our daughter in Paisley, but Covid has put the stop to that.

All right, I see John. No, I meant to see more photos of @LenT car after it has been cleaned and glass coat applied. 🙂

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Vlady said:

All right, I see John. No, I meant to see more photos of @LenT car after it has been cleaned and glass coat applied. 🙂

Well if I haven't made another bog of inserting them, I hope they don't disappoint!

Of course the purpose of all these systems - glass coating or film wrap - is preservation as much as shine, without the requirement of constant reapplication.  Which is where they score over traditional waxes.

And as I said, after Ryan's hard work, the white seems to be not just glossier, but whiter.  In that respect, I think I can describe the overall condition as 'Showroom'.  Which after 6 years and 30K miles suits me fine!

IMG_6234.jpg

IMG_6243.jpg

IMG_6251.jpg

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Vlady said:

@LenT amazing job! Congratulations! You do have low mileage!

Thanks...but of course I didn't do any of the hard work!  To be fair, the car was a great buy in the first place. (Plaudits to Lexus MK). I've had it three years and only doubled the mileage in that time.

I also took shots of the engine bay and the interior, but haven't managed to load them.  But they also look in as-new condition.

So what with the coatings having a claimed life of 8 - 10 years, there's a real chance the car will outlast me!

Which will make it a good buy for somebody.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mincey said:

I fitted my chip catchers!
image.thumb.png.d2cb07dbcb34f8341d5c866fc7d01c36.png

I really must dust the interior at the weekend.

Did you not have them before? Me too would hate to lose a chip there! 🙂

52 minutes ago, Vlady said:

Did you not have them before? Me too would hate to lose a chip there! 🙂

My IS200s and IS250 didn't have them - some kind person recently posted a photo of them on another thread and i had to have some, as I've lost so many chips over the years. Little did I know that my IS300h already has chip catchers - but it was too late, I'd already ordered a pair. They do look pretty cool though. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Lifted the front of the car, removed the Grille Shutter Assembly and then removed the actuator, can't say if it's faulty or not but ordered a new one.

Does anyone know how to remove a front bumper? I might need to do that to put some of the undertray back to avoid damaging the bumper.

57 minutes ago, Brechin Slate said:

Not GS450h but may be helpful:

Mike I keep watching all the videos I can find on Lexus and front bumper, haven't watched this one yet, it was a busy Monday for me. Thanks Mike.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, how do you deal with these run ins under door mirror, I have these marks after every wash and it is especially pain when I polish or wax the car, plus when it dries there are marks! 

20210302_125318.jpg

2 hours ago, Vlady said:

I have these marks after every wash

Ha!  I have exactly the same thing.  I tend to go back after I've had a cup of tea and dry the thing again but wondering if a hair dryer on a warm only setting might do the trick.  Next time I'll blow around the mirror with my air compressor and report back if it's any better.  I guess it's just a slow release of what I've blasted in there using a jet washer which in hindsight can't be doing the innards much good!

• Thanks 1

I drove up to Nantwich Cheshire, 390 mile round trip to pick up my replacement bumper, and what a beauty its is correct colour nice and clean with just a few scratches  on the two corners which I can easily sort myself. Happy bunny in time for Easter.

• Like 2

I ordered clips for attach the front bumper to the wheel plastic arch, they were cheap from China, on the picture they looked like what I need but in a real life they are not, luckily they were cheap. More hunting to be done! 

20210306_084343.jpg

Picked up yesterday Retainer, fender from Lexus Glasgow and 4-off pins for it.

20210313_081204.thumb.jpg.5f6665527e6ecd39f277a7380b241e2a.jpg

Today replaced the broken retainer (it was broken since I bought the car almost 3 Years ago) and swap all 4 pins, 2 on each side.

20210313_103426.thumb.jpg.799c5c4299c7d3421dbec988bb93a6fc.jpg

• Like 2

On 3/5/2021 at 2:30 PM, Vlady said:

Hi all, how do you deal with these run ins under door mirror, I have these marks after every wash and it is especially pain when I polish or wax the car, plus when it dries there are marks! 

20210302_125318.jpg

I washed the car last week using the low pressure garden hose.  No repeat of the runs! Today, back to the jet washer and the return of the runs.  Guess that tells its own story, bucket and sponge only on the front doors from now on!

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Brechin Slate said:

I washed the car last week using the low pressure garden hose.  No repeat of the runs! Today, back to the jet washer and the return of the runs.  Guess that tells its own story, bucket and sponge only on the front doors from now on!

I will try itm why not? Thanks @Brechin Slate

55 minutes ago, BigBoomer said:

Looks to me like the pressure washer is forcing water under the mirror mounts. You may want to check under there as if it holds water, it'll soon start to rust.

Agree 👍

2 hours ago, BigBoomer said:

Looks to me like the pressure washer is forcing water under the mirror mounts. You may want to check under there as if it holds water, it'll soon start to rust.

Yep, I was thinking about it and worried if I force water inside the door which might create dampness inside the cabin and sooner or later rust within the doors, I guess no more pressure washer use over the door mirrors to avoid all this.

I would really like to try to avoid to disassemble the door to clean under the mirrors.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links