Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

What did you do to your Lexus today.

1 hour ago, rich1068 said:

You need one of these! :biggrin:

I've got an air compressor which does the job but like @Vlady it's probably best not to get the water in there in the first place.  I might strip mine down and have a look when I'm feeling brave! 😊

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Brechin Slate said:

I've got an air compressor which does the job but like @Vlady it's probably best not to get the water in there in the first place.  I might strip mine down and have a look when I'm feeling brave! 😊

Let me know how it goes, knowing me I will end up with a few broken clips! 🙂

4 hours ago, rich1068 said:

You need one of these! :biggrin:

Always wanted one of these, would be great for motorbike too but can't justify spending £140 on it plus it would take too much space in the garage!😁

Had lots of stone chips and dings on the chin trim, that silver painted trim at the base of the grille.  Masked off and a light rub down but used isopropyl degreaser and the wrong primer, both schoolboy errors so started again.  Another rub down, wash and plastic primer then a few coats of silver paint (left over from Etech wheel refurb kit) and it's looking much better.  2-3 coats of clear lacquer going on later today.  I have got the kit to vinyl wrap it but too impatient to wait for a warmer, dryer day!

20210317_063756.jpg

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Ended up going over my car with my DA RUPES Bigfoot to give it a once over. Got rid of quite a few swirls and light scratches.

Using mezerna heavy cut and final cut.

Comes up quite decent for an old motor. Paint thickness looks decent too according to my PTG.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, TeflonDon said:

Ended up going over my car with my DA RUPES Bigfoot to give it a once over. Got rid of quite a few swirls and light scratches.

Comes up quite decent for an old motor. Paint thickness looks decent too according to my PTG.

Did you take any photos before and after?

12 hours ago, TeflonDon said:

Is your paintwork a clearcoat finish?  How long did it take you?

Proper wash, dry and polish yesterday.  Noticed the car was covered in very fine yellow tree pollen 10 mins after I finished.  The nearest trees are 30 odd yards away so not a lot I can do about it 😬

20210401_102325.jpg

• Like 2

This week we had a few good days: sunny and high temps

I replaced the outer door deals on my 430 - they had started to disintegrate slightly - straight forward job.

Replaced the number plate lights with LED bulbs - subtle upgrade

and spent some cleaning the interior and treating the seats to some leather feed.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Brechin Slate said:

The nearest trees are 30 odd yards away so not a lot I can do about it 😬

one can hire a chainsaw ?:wink3:

Malc

• Haha 2

Changed the diff oil should be done at 30k but I was setting the stall out for a good result having been warned it is a pig of a job.

Had to jack up the rear end to a good 15 inches to crawl  into the location for removal of the plugs,laid her back down on stands and started with a socket and 10mm hex on a breaker bar and believe me I needed one. The oil that came out was not too black but there was a good amount of filings on the drain plug magnet.

Then I used a vintage metal syringe to replace the oil and it took 10 visits as the diff takes 1.5 litres,I do not suggest anyone try doing this with the plastic tube that sticks out of the end of the containers the oil comes in, there is not enough headroom  and you will get oil everywhere but in the  filler hole.

Having completed the task which took three hours I freshened up the Dinitroll on the subframe I applied ten years ago which as held up well.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Brechin Slate said:

Proper wash, dry and polish yesterday.  Noticed the car was covered in very fine yellow tree pollen 10 mins after I finished.  The nearest trees are 30 odd yards away so not a lot I can do about it 😬

20210401_102325.jpg

You could wash the car next time upwind of the trees Mike.

14 hours ago, Brechin Slate said:

20210401_102325.jpg

Looks a nice coat of snowfoam there Mike.

9 hours ago, ALAW said:

Looks a nice coat of snowfoam there Mike.

Yep, this is the Auto Glym one, I'm still not convinced that it does anything worthwhile as you still have to wash the car even if you blast it off.  I'll try the Bilt Hamber one after this which gets a good write up, if it makes no difference I'll just stick to the bucket and mitt.

• Like 2

On 4/2/2021 at 8:59 AM, Brechin Slate said:

Is your paintwork a clearcoat finish?  How long did it take you?

Took all day, could spend more which I will do redoing the bonnet and roof alittle more.

Yep clear coat finish

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, rich1068 said:

I've never been convinced for the need for snow foam either. A bit of fun more than anything else imo.

Ive never used it myself Richie i think the idea is it softens the dirt up ready for the wash.

5 hours ago, ALAW said:

Ive never used it myself Richie i think the idea is it softens the dirt up ready for the wash.

It seems to do a good job of that but it doesn't lift or remove any of the dirt.  Once I've covered the car I rub the foam into the wheels, badges, decals, round the lights and all the crevices with a 2 inch paintbrush and a round detailing brush, now that does a great job of cleaning those areas and I don't need wheel cleaner or anything else afterwards.  Good technique for getting to those area where the green mossy stuff starts to grow!

Also had steering pump replaced, upper front control arms, lower front balljoint, rear suspension arm no.2 with poly bush on brake side, coolant temperature sensor, air filter, Mass air controller cleaned, throttle body cleaned, ECU capacitors replaced (thanks Steve), cushion on front strut bar getting done. Running quite sweetly!

• Like 3

Not done anything to the car today but planning to - I ordered an AvalonKing Armor Shield protection for a paint, so kind of decided to check if all that hype about ceramic protection is really good! 

• Like 1

Took the GS for little trot around the Wirral.

Meols, Hoylake, West Kirby, Heswall, Willaston and home. Very quiet out there today.

Just as quiet as Sunday mornings used to be 54 years ago.😊 when I was learning to drive in my Dad`s Ford Popular 100E, I think it was. 3 speed box on the floor and vacuum wipers too.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Vlady said:

Not done anything to the car today but planning to - I ordered an AvalonKing Armor Shield protection for a paint, so kind of decided to check if all that hype about ceramic protection is really good! 

Let us know how it goes, very interested!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links