Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I have been asked by a Member to state the source of a phrase I have used  fairly often recently.

The phrase is "Lexus now warrants its Hybrid Batteries for 15 years from date of first registration".

I am unable to trace the source, so can anyone help me please?

*  I can see the phrase clearly on the Toyota.co.uk website, but cannot find any reference to Lexus Hybrid Batteries.

*  I know that other Members use the phrase, but do not know if they are merely copying me or Toyota or if they have an authoritative source.

*  I have a feeling that a member on here might have reported that his Lexus Dealership told him of the 15 year Lexus policy ?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

Many thanks 

I've mentioned it more than once and first became aware of it with an email flyer from my local dealer. I assume full Lexus history is required?

When I had my RX I was in the unusual situation that when I first bought it (privately) the batteries weren't warranted but then came back under warranty due to the change of policy. But from what I've read the batteries are the least troublesome part of an already very reliable system.

I can forward you the most recent flyer if you wish?

1 hour ago, rich1068 said:

I've mentioned it more than once and first became aware of it with an email flyer from my local dealer. I assume full Lexus history is required?

When I had my RX I was in the unusual situation that when I first bought it (privately) the batteries weren't warranted but then came back under warranty due to the change of policy. But from what I've read the batteries are the least troublesome part of an already very reliable system.

I can forward you the most recent flyer if you wish?

Yes please Richie, that could be just the authority needed. Thanks.

See here:

https://www.lexus.co.uk/owners/servicing-and-maintenance/hybrid-health-check/

I was wrong about the 'irrespective of mileage' - there a panel on the right if you scroll down on the web site which says:

Quote>

Free warranty extension

With each Hybrid Health Check, you receive an extra 1 year or 10,000 mile (whichever comes sooner) hybrid Battery warranty extension, until your vehicle is 15 years old. Terms and conditions apply.

<End quote

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, johnatg said:

See here:

https://www.lexus.co.uk/owners/servicing-and-maintenance/hybrid-health-check/

I was wrong about the 'irrespective of mileage' - there a panel on the right if you scroll down on the web site which says:

Quote>

Free warranty extension

With each Hybrid Health Check, you receive an extra 1 year or 10,000 mile (whichever comes sooner) hybrid battery warranty extension, until your vehicle is 15 years old. Terms and conditions apply.

<End quote

Wonderful John.Many thanks.

1 hour ago, johnatg said:

PS - Maybe that means that as long as you have a hybrid health check every 10K miles (if you do more than that per annum) you can keep the warranty going for 15 years?

Let`s not confuse matters John. It means what it says (and what I want it to mean, said ALICE !)

Many thanks again.

The hybrid health check can be done at any time once the Battery is out of it' normal guarantee. It does not require any service history or any continuance of the health check. If the hybrid system passes the health check in say year nine for the first time the Battery is guaranteed for 12 months from that test date or 10,000 miles which ever is sooner. You can have as many health checks in a year as is needed to maintain the guarantee if your millage is high.

Obviously if the Battery has been tampered with "modules changed" the guarantee is void. All module in each Battery are coded and each code must match. Toyota have the ability to check module serial numbers in the Battery against there records for the serial number of the battery.

John.

• Like 1

Mmh... is this UK only? I checked my local (Finland) Lexus pages and also Lexus Europe's webpages: both still have max. 10y warranty:

https://www.lexus.eu/owners/servicing-and-maintenance/hybrid-health-check/#hybrid-health

(In Finland there is also max.350.000km in addition to that 10y limit, interesting,,,)

Hopefully this is coming to Finland too...

BR.Sami

Some countries - like Finland - got worse environmental conditions for batteries hence Lexus might want to limit the warranty period due to higher rate of failures after a given time.

Batteries in general don't like when it is too cold or too hot so if country got more extreme climate warranty terms might be different compared to the UK where for most of an year you got 15C +/- 10C.

Having checked a few months back when my car was MOTed and serviced, the warranty can only be extended on cars under 10 years of age, and the extension, as most of us will know, is in tow year chunks.  As the agent pointed out to me, If you're lucky you renew when the car is 9 years 11 months old, allowing manufacturer warranty to cover you to just under the 12 year mark.  Think I will be able to get to 11.5 years.

1 hour ago, Dapprman said:

Having checked a few months back when my car was MOTed and serviced, the warranty can only be extended on cars under 10 years of age, and the extension, as most of us will know, is in tow year chunks.  As the agent pointed out to me, If you're lucky you renew when the car is 9 years 11 months old, allowing manufacturer warranty to cover you to just under the 12 year mark.  Think I will be able to get to 11.5 years.

I think that the Annual Hybrid Battery is independent of the Lexus Extended Warranty.

1 minute ago, royoftherovers said:

I think that the Annual Hybrid Battery is independent of the Lexus Extended Warranty.

Happy to stand corrected.  Thinking about it I was assuming my services are included in with my warranty, as the MOT is, it is not, I took out the three years in addvance at 10% discount (and protected from near future cost increases) option.  Apologies.

• Like 1

Not quite so Dapprman, I bought an RX400h from Lexus dealer last year on 30-7-18 and the car was first registered 30-11-07. It came with 12 months Lexus extended warranty an I bought at the time of purchase a further 2 years extended warranty.