Hi all, I would be grateful if anyone can tell me if there is a way to lock the car but leave the windows slightly open. I have a 14 plate RX 450h and have a dog that from time to time may be left in the car while we’re shopping for example. Obviously the car needs to be secure but I want to make sure the dog has enough ventilation. It seems that if the windows are even slightly open the car refuses to lock using the fob. 
So am I missing something or is there a clever way of doing it?

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks

im not sure but I think the car can be locked with the sunroof in the up position if that helps

My harrier can be locked with the windows open. Benefits of older technology 🙂

I don't have an rx of that year but in my ct I can use the key to lock the doors with the windows down and it doesn't set the alarm which also helps.

I'm sure it can be locked with the windows open, just not the doors.

If you are locking with the fob then you need to disable to motion sensor on the alarm. Maybe that is what is stopping it???

• Like 1

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
Thanks

Don't be silly ......

Can't believe there are still people that do this cruel thing but here you go. Maybe the risk of 6 months in prison might put you off?

https://www.themotoringlaw.uk/leaving-dogs-in-the-car-law/

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Comedian said:

Don't be silly ......

Can't believe there are still people that do this cruel thing but here you go. Maybe the risk of 6 months in prison might put you off?

I'm with you on this, in the winter I wouldn't have too much of an issue, but this time of the year?  I've sat in my car in the summer with the windows slightly down, it's unbearable, and I'm not wearing a fur coat!

• Like 2

On 5/26/2020 at 7:47 PM, Comedian said:

Don't be silly ......

Absolutely right 'Comedian'.

Every summer we see news of animals (mostly dogs) being left in cars and either dying or suffering extreme heat exhaustion. I cannot believe that anyone would ever consider doing such a thing, and if I ever witnessed it, would summon the local constabulary.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Illogan said:

Absolutely right 'Comedian'.

Every summer we see news of animals (mostly dogs) being left in cars and either dying or suffering extreme heat exhaustion. I cannot believe that anyone would ever consider doing such a thing, and if I ever witnessed it, would summon the local constabulary.

It wouldn't be the first time we've had to call the Police because a customer has left a dog in their car. Even after store announcements, no one shows up, so the constable will smash a window to release the poor creature. We tried calling the AA/RAC but they take too long to arrive.

We were advised that should a member of the public or store staff break the window it could be construed as criminal damage. The Police are very prompt..

• Like 3