Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Who's got or ordered a Convertible

Kevin Williams

1 hour ago, bvhout said:

And the LC500 would be the car of choice If I would plan to talk to complete strangers at gas stations or supermarket car parks. No, any car park for that matter. Always men though. 

That's very interesting Ben, I've had quite a few guys chat to me at these hallowed locations about my LC500h but I did chat to a lady last week at my local Sainsbury's who was VERY impressed with it & knew her stuff as well!

Your Posts Ben and Mike, brought back some memories of my Nissan GTR. Often, when I went back to it, at our local Waitrose store, there would be youngsters trying to look in through the windows. I would sometimes say… “don’t go to close, Darth Vader is inside…!” The GTR certainly attracted attention… whilst it was parked…!

09102009058.jpg

• Like 1

• 9 months later...
On 1/13/2021 at 3:21 PM, Lakeside said:

Hi

yes I have took delivery of LC500 sports convertible Dec 20 from Vantage Preston.

all ok so far.

cheers Steve

now trying to locate a windscreen/windbreak accessory but can’t locate one.

Hi Steve,

I ordered a convertible last year (due who knows when!) and asked about the wind deflector but didn’t get much joy. Did you manage to find one??

cheers 

Geoff 

• 2 weeks later...

Afternoon, my first post! May I ask LC convertible owners how long it took from order to delivery please?

Driven LC500 coupe, fallen in love, WLTM convertible for fun in the sun/drizzle.

Presumably your dealer can give as accurate a guess as anybody .With all this parts shortage stuff going on I asked my dealer about Lexus deliveries generally and was told that they are affected but not nearly as badly as other makes. I know all UK LC deliveries are now built to order rather than dealers just getting them for stock. Its possible,as the LC is less mainstream ,that delivery could be quicker than the NX etc.

There were 2 ex demo ,low mileage convertibles on the Lexus website last week but both sold very quickly.

A J.

Hi, yes I was watching the two that were for sale - Edinburgh's silver/red at 85 and Sheffield's green/ochre at 100 that dropped down to 90 then both sold. My budget in all honesty is a coupe around 60-75-ish but for a few dollars more a brand spanking convertible to my spec does appeal. Man maths!

4 hours ago, eightk said:

Afternoon, my first post! May I ask LC convertible owners how long it took from order to delivery please?

Driven LC500 coupe, fallen in love, WLTM convertible for fun in the sun/drizzle.

I ordered a convertible last September and was told it would be available in February this year. That then slipped to May, July and last week I was told it’s now October 2022 but still not guaranteed. I wanted something I could use this year so less than ideal. I’d have preferred a new one but In the end I opted for a secondhand one from Lexus Sheffield that is mentioned in other parts of this thread. They don’t seem to come up very often. The dealer told me that if you want one for 2023 now is the time to order. 

Ah. Thank you for the info - 13 months and counting - ouch. You'll have bought the green over ochre one - very nice - I've seen that combo on a coupe and it's a really great colour, very english if that's a good description? Aston-ish I suppose. Enjoy!

Right, back to the drawing board. Coupe plus tarp plus hacksaw. What could go wrong...

If that were me,I would buy a Coupe now and get some use out of it .If I still hankered after a Convertible I would study the main dealer used site and be ready to act when one comes up.

No way would I ever wait a year after ordering. All that time wasted driving something else you had decided to move on.

Just my two penny worth!

A J.

13 hours ago, AJ500 said:

If that were me,I would buy a Coupe now and get some use out of it .If I still hankered after a Convertible I would study the main dealer used site and be ready to act when one comes up.

No way would I ever wait a year after ordering. All that time wasted driving something else you had decided to move on.

Just my two penny worth!

A J.

Yeah, I think that's the plan. Not quite ready yet - current car will be up for sale in a couple of weeks. Realistically a coupe is the best option, then hang around on autotrader on a daily basis... no change there then...

Good luck.

Second possible option. I know some dealers have a convertible demo car but have not yet advertised them.Maybe an hour spent ringing the sales managers of a few may uncover one they will deal on.

A J.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

As it happens, Lexus Hedge End called me about this car and I have been to have a look.

Reg. No is T 11 BOR which does not suggest a Lexus HQ car.

It is, as expected, very beautiful and the roof slips up and down easily. F-Sport White with Flare Red leather. It has the "bling" 21inch wheels which I am not keen on and the bright red seats are not to my liking. However, the main issue is really value.

It would cost me about £50K to swap my LC500 for the convertible as the garage want just under £100K for the car. It's just not worth it for me. When I had a Mercedes SL500 I didn't really drive roof down that much so I am keeping my current car.

Has anyone else expressed an interest?

Malcolm,

Interesting that you have been to see the car I referred to above.I picked up the GU reg number it shows in the photo on the Lexus Used web page and many ex Lexus and Toyota GB cars have this .Presumably its a Guildford area number so could be used by local dealer as well .

Odd the pic shows that number yet car displays a private plate if the pic was taken after it came back as a px.

Be surprised if it makes £100k used!

A J.

Hi Malcolm,

The numberplate on the photos I’ve seen of the car match those on the CarWow video on YouTube so assume it was a press car. 
Price wise I think it’s high. Sheffield did something similar with the one they had for sale and then dropped it to £5 short of £90k and that one was 9 months newer and had 10000 less miles on it. 

It’s always personal choice but I like having the option of being to take the roof down and the Concierge climate control is excellent. 

• 2 months later...

For two years, I had planned ordering a new Macan GTS. A lot of money at 75k for my chosen spec, and with a year wait, I couldn't quite take the plunge.

2 months ago I hadn't even heard of the LC 500. I am still not sure how I got to hear of it. Perhaps a youtube video. Anyway to cut to the chase, having test drove a hard and soft top version, and with residuals so high and so limited availability of used convertibles, I have now taken the plunge and ordered a new convertible. The Regatta version, in deep blue with the white interior with blue accents, and blue roof, similar to the previous limited edition launch model, but in the standard Lexus metallic deep blue. This car makes the Macan look very conventional. Considerably more than I intended spending, but you can't take it with you. So excited, but now a one year wait.....

• Like 1

You won’t regret it. A brilliant car. I had a similar experience when looking for a convertible. Came across the LC500 and hadn’t heard of it. I couldn’t find a convertible to test drive only the Coupe. I ordered a new one last year but the date kept getting pushed back and luckily found a secondhand one in the same spec and colour as I’d ordered. I still haven’t seen another on the road. Enjoy it when it comes. 

Thanks  Geoff

I think that I was incredibly lucky to find a convertible to test drive only an hours drive away and when they offered me a good deal, I couldn't resist. The downside is the wait, although it does give me time to have my impractically small and therefore unusable garage rebuilt.

Can I ask you whether you ordered a wind shield and if so, the cost and benefits etc?

I didn’t order it with the windshield and I’m still in two minds whether to get one. I’ve driven it in all temperatures and you do get some draft at higher speeds when it’s cold but as they’re £970 + VAT I thought I’d try an extra jumper first! The concierge heating is very good though. 

My dealer thought it was in the region of a staggering £1500 so at least that's an improvement on that. Our intention, although a long way off, is to take it on a few European tours, so a windshield may come in handy then, but a pain in the ***** to store in the already limited boot and it adds nothing to the looks when in situ. You could buy a fair few cashmere jumpers for that!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Lexus Hedge End/Southampton currently have a V8 convertible, sport plus pack, silver over red for sale.
It's on a 21 plate with 4,000 miles.
£100k

Click here.

Absolutely stunning.

In that silver/red it blows a similar coupe like mine out of the water.

I honestly think that is the best looking car I have ever seen in my life.  

Yes, we have had a look at it in the showroom. It is a very good combination as the silver tones down the Flare Red seats.

However, we are not going to swap our coupe for it. 

and mountains of legroom in the back for ..................  those skinny insects ......  maybe very thinny kids :wink3:

Looks quite stunning but I doubt I'd even get myself into, nor afterwards, out of, those front seats :unsure:

BUT wow £100k eh !

Malc

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links