Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

NX 2022 NEW MODELS REVEAL

55 minutes ago, ColinBarber said:

The sonic paints look great, but be aware that any paint repair ends up in the need for a full panel respray costing £1000+ as you cannot get a spot repair to be invisible.

I can vouch for that .. 😟

Thinking about the 450h plug-in hybrid, I see one can pre-heat the interior so presumably it has electric heaters. Does that mean one could drive fully electric in the winter without the ICE ever firing up? Or, as in the self-charging hybrid, the ICE will fire up to get the fluids up to temp?

Must admit I'm quite tempted .... (I have an NX as a courtesy car next week while my RC is in for service to see if the model, albeit a current version, would work for me)

42 minutes ago, NemesisUK said:

I can vouch for that .. 😟

Thinking about the 450h plug-in hybrid, I see one can pre-heat the interior so presumably it has electric heaters. Does that mean one could drive fully electric in the winter without the ICE ever firing up? Or, as in the self-charging hybrid, the ICE will fire up to get the fluids up to temp?

Must admit I'm quite tempted .... (I have an NX as a courtesy car next week while my RC is in for service to see if the model, albeit a current version, would work for me)

It's a plug in. You can drive it until the range runs out without firing the engine

11 hours ago, Andy B said:

Having now had a chance to peruse the available colours and trim in the published price list (https://lexus.turtl.co/story/13504003_all-new-nx-price-list/), I wonder whether the Cloudburst Grey colour is in fact available but has been named differently for the UK as Sonic Grey. Will need to clarify this with my dealer and report back.

It would seem that you're right... the 1L1 paint code for Sonic Grey is the same paint code as for Cloudburst Grey in the US.... https://paint2fix.com/gb/touch-up-paint/lexus-cloudburst-gray-1l1-touch-up-paint-scratch-repair-kit/

My deal breaker is no panoramic roof available for the 450h.  Not sure I can go forward on this basis, so wanted the 450h. 😩

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Steve Oliver said:

It would seem that you're right... the 1L1 paint code for Sonic Grey is the same paint code as for Cloudburst Grey in the US.... https://paint2fix.com/gb/touch-up-paint/lexus-cloudburst-gray-1l1-touch-up-paint-scratch-repair-kit/

My deal breaker is no panoramic roof available for the 450h.  Not sure I can go forward on this basis, so wanted the 450h. 😩

Thanks for that Steve - very helpful and reassuring. Sorry to hear about the lack of the panoramic roof on the 450h. 

Thanks also to @ColinBarber for clarification on the Sonic Grey colour too. 

Moon Roof = Sun Roof = the small glass panel (usually openable) in the roof, generally above the front passenger/driver. Moon Roof is the US term, elsewhere it is the Sun Roof.

The panoramic roof replaces the entire roof with a glass panel (not usually openable).

Both will tend to reduce headroof slightly as they contain covers and/or opening mechanisms.

I wonder if the lack of ML in the 450+ may be due to the increased Battery size preventing things like subwoofers etc being installed.

8 minutes ago, subria88 said:

Moon Roof = Sun Roof = the small glass panel (usually openable) in the roof, generally above the front passenger/driver. Moon Roof is the US term, elsewhere it is the Sun Roof.

The panoramic roof replaces the entire roof with a glass panel (not usually openable).

Both will tend to reduce headroof slightly as they contain covers and/or opening mechanisms.

I wonder if the lack of ML in the 450+ may be due to the increased battery size preventing things like subwoofers etc being installed.

I hadn't noticed that... no ML in the 450h either??! Things are now looking really bad for the 450.... ☹️

36 minutes ago, Steve Oliver said:

I hadn't noticed that... no ML in the 450h either??! Things are now looking really bad for the 450.... ☹️

I do wonder if that's oversight - if you read the spec sheet it can be read as saying the 450+ has neither 10 speaker or 17 speaker ML audio at all...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Steve Oliver said:

My deal breaker is no panoramic roof available for the 450h.  Not sure I can go forward on this basis, so wanted the 450h.

The current brochure is full of errors, contradictions and spelling mistakes so I wouldn't rely on it at all. The US brochure suggests the 450h can have a pano roof so I'd expect it to be available in Europe. Worth speaking to your dealer and try and get them to confirm with head office (ideally Japan not UK).

Followed a Lexus UK link on NX pricing, has renewed my interest as it actually feels reasonable? The Mrs loves it too and loves her current NX so that was an easy sell, she wants to test drive and have a good look around when the demonstrator arrives at our local dealer. With 2nd hand market being strong at the moment, wondering whether an early upgrade might be feasible - I never buy new cars but it is tempting!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ken R said:

I have registered my interest on a 450h+ with premium plus pack and pano roof. The only thing I am concerned about is the 20 inch wheels with run flat tyres. 

Pano roof on 450h+ ? I don't think it's an option...?

4 hours ago, Steve Oliver said:

Yes having re-read the options I think you are correct. Really disappointing! Might be a Kia EV6 that I go for after all! 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

53 minutes ago, Ken R said:

Yes having re-read the options I think you are correct. Really disappointing! Might be a Kia EV6 that I go for after all! 

Well, you won't be alone if you do. I'm sad to be leaving Lexus, but the EV6 represents the boldness Lexus had when they brought the RX400h to market 15 years ago. For me the 2nd generation plug-in NX is too little, too late, and too expensive in terms of electrification, and I wonder what its resale values will be like in 5 to 10 years' time.

59 minutes ago, Ken R said:

The EV6 is a smart looking machine.  I went to a launch to show a pre-production car and it was pretty much fully sorted.  I’m now looking at a GT-Line S in possibly Yacht Blue or Runway Red.  I did consider the matte steel colour which is very smart but it requires fairly stringent care.  I’m actually due a Kia as my previous and recent car history has been 3 Lexus followed by 1 Kia followed by 3 Lexus.  My next car therefore should be 1 Kia🙂.  I’ll decide after test driving a full production model late September / early October but I’ll hang on first from ordering until I’ve seen the new NX.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Habu said:

The EV6 is a smart looking machine.  I went to a launch to show a pre-production car and it was pretty much fully sorted.  I’m now looking at a GT-Line S in possibly Yacht Blue or Runway Red.  I did consider the matte steel colour which is very smart but it requires fairly stringent care.  I’m actually due a Kia as my previous and recent car history has been 3 Lexus followed by 1 Kia followed by 3 Lexus.  My next car therefore should be 1 Kia🙂.  I’ll decide after test driving a full production model late September / early October but I’ll hang on first from ordering until I’ve seen the new NX.

I also attended the local launch of the EV6 and was very impressed. Awaiting a test drive date by I too would choose the GT Line S. The matte steel was certainly different but I much prefer a gloss finish so will probably opt for black. If I do leave Lexus it will be with sadness as I think the cars and their customer care is outstanding, but if spec doesn't suit..... 

3 hours ago, Ken R said:

As I posted previously, the quality of the documentation currently available is poor so it is impossible to know if it is or isn't available.

On 9/4/2021 at 8:39 AM, Steve Oliver said:

Hi @Steve Oliver 

I was just taking another look at the price list\brochure and it appears that you can get the panoramic roof on a 450h+ if you go for the non-F Sport version (with Premium Pack) and wondered if you were aware of that?

Apologies if I've got the wrong end of the stick here.

nx.thumb.jpg.68531b4b46d7190ad1bf6c5a0761967e.jpg

• Thanks 1

I understand that Lexus in some European markets has scrapped, or is thinking of scrapping, its first batches of NX2021 brochures because of errors or inaccuracies or likely changes  in specifications.  It is also possible  that online data is undergoing market-by-market revision.  One wonders if the confusion being created (and evidenced in this thread) is not some kind of attention-grabbing pre-launch ploy.

There were similar errors and omissions in the 2019 RC brochures for the UK and after receiving my car I was offered numerous 'freebies' to compensate for the confusion. In my case particularly the confusion between the types of high beam assistance packages. The brochure clearly stating the car would come with adaptive high beam but actually only came with automatic high beam.

Seems Lexus hasn't learnt to proof read it's spec sheets before releasing them! 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links