Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Was asked by a local dealership if I wanted to sell my 2018 RX Sport with 16500mls on the clock and as new condition. Got me a bit interested so I asked what is the trade in value and they valued it at £29,000. Done a couple of checks on Wizzle and they came back with offers of a fair bit more than a handful of loose change. Then had a look at new RX’s at the dealers and compared them to what’s listed on Autotrader, big difference there. Local dealers standard RX £52,000 but various dealers down south listing RX Premiums, some with extras, starting around £49,000 just got to figure out the next step which includes waiting on the updated NX plug in. Oh and BTW, Lexus Edinburgh does not give gold member discounts on servicing, only discounts on repairs.

27358AA5-B1F7-443F-AF8B-E3C11492E77B.png

Is there any significant difference between 2018 model and current one to warrant change?  I feel there is likely to be quite a difference between current RX and next generation.  I have seen a different chassis mentioned, so maybe an idea to defer until then or next NX. 

2 hours ago, C Mclean said:

just got to figure out the next step which includes waiting on the updated NX plug in

^^ By the time the plug-in NX is available I’d assume - perhaps incorrectly - that there will be a new RX also with plug-in capability on the horizon?

I had a similar discussion with Lexus about my NX a couple of months ago. In the end I decided to keep what I have as I like it, but also because with EVs gradually taking over I decided another 3-5 years would allow me to see where the market is heading before I commit.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, First_Lexus said:

where the market is heading before I commit.

The rate Toyota is solving problems with hydrogen can make some believe that EV are not what they are expecting will continue as goal.

VW named their new car IQ3 which may be the IQ level of the person in VW believing that EV is going to be here forever.

• Haha 3

Having just sold my 2017 Premier with 36,000 miles for £28,500 and now driving a Subaru I'll throw my threepennnyworth in.

Unfortunately my Subaru XV flattened the Battery yesterday ( presumably because the car had been staning around at the dealers during the COVID situation.) Subaru Rescue (AA) attended in less than 30 minutes from my call and got it going. No problem the Deler came and picked it up this morning and dropped me off the new Subaru Forester with the e boxer hybrid set up ( and a full tank of fuel so I could enjoy it).

BTW they delivered my car full of petrol which is a rare thing these days - never had that from Lexus.

Well I think it compares very favourably with the Lexus. If anything the paint and panel finish might be slightly better. The car that I have is fitted with tomtom touchscreen navigation and the full bells and whistles cruise/ radar distance/ lane keep system they call Eyesight ( which my own car has). I drovethe Forester around Gloucester City in the rush hour and with the cruise set I barely touched the pedals as the car was placing itself so accurately behind other traffic. The 'Eyesight System' is superior to the Lexus set up and with a cruise control that can be set to 20mph is great in the 'new world'.

Seats are extremely comfortable and I think the performance is very good from the hybrid set up. In fact I was pleasantly surprised how seamless it is considering this is a new venture for Subaru.

They are of course in bed with Toyota so this might explain things.

Interestingly my own petrol XV was showing an average of 43.6 mpg on a round trip of 180 miles yesterday. The stop start wasn't functioning because of the low Battery so it will be intersting to see how it does when the new Battery is fitted.

It seems for some reason  Dealers are very keen to take RX's at the moment.

If you are consider downsizing to an NX it might be woth looking at a nearly new Subaru with the hybrid drivetrain.

The car sat on my driveway is a 20 plate with 5,000 miles and is priced at £34,995 ( The price label is in the boot ). It is the top spec with full leather.

A new one just creeps under the £40,00 barrier so avoids the extra 6 years tax.- and 5 year warranty.

Interesting times in the Automotive world .....................

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, stringbender said:

Thanks for that update Les. Good to hear from you. I'll be on the lookout before too long and I might just see where the Subaru dealer is in Bristol.

Alan

Devizes, Street or Swindon are nearest to you, if you are interested.

Certainly they are nicely screwed together and I think the seats are more comfortable than the Lexus.

Whatever you do - Good hunting.

Apparently there is a shortage in the trade of good used luxury stock at Auction which is why dealers are keen to buy cars at present for good money

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Spacewagon52 said:

Lexus 450h - Second hand dealer mark-up seems to be around £4000.

I think markup is between £4K -£5K for both NX and RX and going by the listings, it seems dealer's are pricing used 2019 or 2020 models for near about the same price as new......wonder who is buying at these prices?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links