Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Fuel panic!

Mincey

3 minutes ago, toffee_pie said:

Politicians are only motivated by money

nope ...  the best Tory politician certainly isn't ..... dear old Rishi ..............  :wink3:

Malc

• Like 1

Look at Brussels and you see the future of politics. Civil servants technocrats and bureaucrats. People that never had a real job in life, never had to work with their hands never had to struggle. Reading reports and going from meeting to meeting creating a system that when in place cannot be changed again as the rules of the system will not allow. A system that crushes normal people without hesitation. Farmers, factoryworkers, truckdrivers and also carowners. It has been decided that new ice cars are not allowed to be sold after 2035 so that is going to happen. A change is not possible computer says no

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Las Palmas said:

Everything is complex as long as stupid politicians are being influenced by the only thing that really matter: MONEY!

Now politicians look at gas as green fuel as well as electricity generated by atom fuelled plants.

They do say that lefties often accuse others of something they themselves are guilty of 🤭

1 hour ago, toffee_pie said:

Politicians are only motivated by money…

Just out of curiosity, ERIC, who are the politicians that you actually know?

How many have you actually worked with?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, toffee_pie said:

Politicians are only motivated by money, the Tory empire is crumbling now which can only be a good thing. 

Wrong, Right and Wrong !

But we are all different and we hold our views for a variety of reasons.Many of which change over time.

Consider if you can the first discs you chose for your visit to Roy P`s Desert Island Discs!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Brian R said:

I watch the oil price quite religiously given it has an impact on some of my finances and if the truth be known on just about all of us either directly or indirectly. The good news is that the barrel cost has been falling quite significantly and is now under $100/barrel with it falling to $95/barrel earlier in the week. This should shortly translate into falling prices at the pumps given the barrel cost is currently down from its peak by some $25/barrel. I really can't say whether this will be a long term or short term aberration but I suspect the latter.

See here for a graphic illustration.

I wouldn't be too optimistic about falling prices at the pumps just yet, as oil is priced in dollars, and any drop in the oil price is largely offset by falls in the pound against the dollar.

• Like 1

Politicians and money go hand in hand, going back to the electric cars - with the quite alarming rate that combustion engine cars have got decommissioning across the world it's highly likely that government's have large monetary gain with auto manufacturers to facilitate the roll out of electric cars, they clearly have had meetings long ago about what was to come. Keeping in mind the jobs that will be lost and the fact that combustion engine cars alone are not the entire problem with climate change. 

And I don't need to mention COVID or do I? Clearly money exchanging hands here and we are talking astronomical amounts at that not forgetting the 400 billion tax payers money spent on it, no wonder inflation is gone through the roof.

Diesel, they told us that was the fuel to save the planet not long ago, now it's electric cars.

Politicians, not to be trusted.

3 hours ago, dutchie01 said:

It has been decided that new ice cars are not allowed to be sold after 2035 so that is going to happen. A change is not possible computer says no

not quite .........  reading Germany has voted  ............ NON  .... :thumbsup:

Malc

24 minutes ago, toffee_pie said:

Politicians and money go hand in hand…

But with regard to my earlier question, ERIC, unfortunately not any that you can actually name?  Or know or have worked with?

27 minutes ago, toffee_pie said:

And I don't need to mention COVID or do I? Clearly money exchanging hands here…

Clearly that might be a criminal offence, ERIC.  Clearly you’ll be presenting the evidence in your possession to the relevant Police Authority.  Clearly such behaviour in Public Office cannot be tolerated.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

33 minutes ago, toffee_pie said:

not forgetting the 400 billion tax payers money spent on it,

But it's ( almost ) quite simply  400 £ billion of Taxpayers money having been spent on, well, us Taxpayers ......... and I've always been of the view that this enormous sum could just be pushed on down the line for our wonderful kids, our inheritors, to payback over a good long time ........ and indeed, with inflation raging at 10% say, a year, then the £400 bn becomes 360£bn then £324 bn by 2024 and sub £300 bn by 2025 ........... 

NOW by my maths this level of enormous debt is just BRILLIANT .........  well done to Boris, Rishi and all the others with such foresight :whistling:

Malc

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, royoftherovers said:

Wrong, Right and Wrong !

But we are all different and we hold our views for a variety of reasons.Many of which change over time.

Consider if you can the first discs you chose for your visit to Roy P`s Desert Island Discs!

Very insightful John 👏

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Malc said:

But it's ( almost ) quite simply  400 £ billion of Taxpayers money having been spent on, well, us Taxpayers ......... and I've always been of the view that this enormous sum could just be pushed on down the line for our wonderful kids, our inheritors, to payback over a good long time ........ and indeed, with inflation raging at 10% say, a year, then the £400 bn becomes 360£bn then £324 bn by 2024 and sub £300 bn by 2025 ........... 

NOW by my maths this level of enormous debt is just BRILLIANT .........  well done to Boris, Rishi and all the others with such foresight :whistling:

Malc

Are you nuts Malc 🤣

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Malc said:

you have, me too ....... and there's no way an EV of any sort will be of much use trying to traverse the Gobi or Sahara, the Oz Outback, most of Africa and South America too ..............

Good 'ol 4ltr V8s are the way to go ............ :thumbsup:

Malc

When was the last time you traversed the Gobi desert in you LS Malc? 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Boxbrownie said:

That is a very silly question David.Give him enough time and he will tell us.

If I remember correctly he had set off Due South in the direction of Tierra del Fuego,but turned left instead of right and ended up in the Gobi instead of the Atacama !

Just give him a little more time and it will all come flooding back via his Cerebral Canals !🤣🤣🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

That is a very silly question David.Give him enough time and he will tell us.

If I remember correctly he had set off Due South in the direction of Tierra del Fuego,but turned left instead of right and ended up in the Gobi instead of the Atacama !

Just give him a little more time and it will all come flooding back via his Cerebral Canals !🤣🤣🤣

Intrigued by the way the lack of empirical evidence can still be used as a portent of the future. Visi calc was the most important programme ever in gaining wide-spread use of personal computers. It was predicated on the challenge "what - if", a subset of "if this then that". So Malc is essentially posing "what if I traversed the Gobi", ie, let's consider the possibilities. However the EV driver can't enjoy such meandering, they can't even get to start line. This doesn't make them bad, or wrong or misguided but an expression of a lifestyle choice. And in support of a more tolerant society I have to say, crack on. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Phil xxkr said:

Intrigued by the way the lack of empirical evidence can still be used as a portent of the future. Visi calc was the most important programme ever in gaining wide-spread use of personal computers. It was predicated on the challenge "what - if", a subset of "if this then that". So Malc is essentially posing "what if I traversed the Gobi", ie, let's consider the possibilities. However the EV driver can't enjoy such meandering, they can't even get to start line. This doesn't make them bad, or wrong or misguided but an expression of a lifestyle choice. And in support of a more tolerant society I have to say, crack on. 

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzphewzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzlesson nearly over?zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz🤣🤣🤣👍

I am so glad you decided to join this Forum Old Buddy.

5 hours ago, LenT said:

But with regard to my earlier question, ERIC, unfortunately not any that you can actually name?  Or know or have worked with?

Clearly that might be a criminal offence, ERIC.  Clearly you’ll be presenting the evidence in your possession to the relevant Police Authority.  Clearly such behaviour in Public Office cannot be tolerated.

LENT You seem to be the type of individual who is awaiting a 5th/6th covid booster to save your family and friends without even querying all the people dead from vaccines, no? The BBC were big COVID fans but strangely are not telling us about the pay-outs going on now to victims of the vaccines, but then again if you listen to everything the science experts and government officials say then all is well in the world.

BTW: I had covid, so had my triple jabbed wife - I was better after circa 4 days, no different than the cold/flu I had pre covid - she was sick longer.

3 hours ago, Boxbrownie said:

EV Police cars are struggling in Gloucestershire to carry out duties, I would trust a V8 to get further than any useless EV, drive them fast and they are pants - as in useless

I challenge anyhone who has a EV to finish ahead of me from Southampton to Edinburgh - actually that is silly, the correct phrase is how many hours behind they will be since I can do it in a full tank, when I can get an Electric car than can do that trip in one go without driving 40 mph and without costing a 6 figure sum to make the trip give me a nudge

8 hours ago, LenT said:

Just out of curiosity, ERIC, who are the politicians that you actually know?

How many have you actually worked with?

I can only assume you are a rose tinted Tory? LENT

20 hours ago, dutchie01 said:

Look at Brussels and you see the future of politics. Civil servants technocrats and bureaucrats. People that never had a real job in life, never had to work with their hands never had to struggle. Reading reports and going from meeting to meeting creating a system that when in place cannot be changed again as the rules of the system will not allow. A system that crushes normal people without hesitation. Farmers, factoryworkers, truckdrivers and also carowners. It has been decided that new ice cars are not allowed to be sold after 2035 so that is going to happen. A change is not possible computer says no

It made my mind up in the 80’s when I had to go to Brussels to film a MEP after my company were given a huge grant (many millions) to look into plastics for engines, it ended up us building a mostly plastic/ceramic engine and driving around the ring road just to prove it could be done and then the project was halted and all the filming I had done was asked to be destroyed!

I decided then what the Brussels was for and it wasn’t the Common Market I had voted for about fifteen years previously, bunch of time and money wasting idle good for nothings.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Boxbrownie said:

If I were to it would undoubtedly be in a Toyota monster diesel of some description methinks

Malc

15 hours ago, royoftherovers said:

If I remember correctly he had set off Due South in the direction of Tierra del Fuego,

My only visit to Tierra del Fuego ( about 30 years back )  was with a trekking expedition when we actually flew down to T del F having bussed ( and walked ) many miles along the southbound amazing scenic route from Buenos Aires through the amazing matrvellous quite safe nation of Argentina  .....  and YES ......... .  I wouldn't hesitate for one minute driving my Ls400 the length and breadth of Argentina BUT I would need at least a month gliding along in blissful Ls400 reliabilty, comfort, safety and security ...... with many a petrol pump enroute for sure 

As mentioned before ..... all I would do / ever actually do ......  for a Ls400 holiday journey pre-check is the oil level, the radiator water, pas reservoir level and wash bottle check, tyre pressures too .........  then OFF I go  .....would go 

Knowing there's absolutely nowt to go awry ......... :yahoo:

Malc

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Malc said:

If I were to it would undoubtedly be in a Toyota monster diesel of some description methinks

Malc

Old Ozzy saying, if you going into the outback take a Landrover, if you want to get back take a Toyota.😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Malc said:

Malc

My only visit to Tierra del Fuego ( about 30 years back )  was with a trekking expedition when we actually flew down to T del F having bussed ( and walked ) many miles along the southbound amazing scenic route from Buenos Aires through the amazing matrvellous quite safe nation of Argentina  .....  and YES ......... .  I wouldn't hesitate for one minute driving my Ls400 the length and breadth of Argentina BUT I would need at least a month gliding along in blissful Ls400 reliabilty, comfort, safety and security ...... with many a petrol pump enroute for sure 

As mentioned before ..... all I would do / ever actually do ......  for a Ls400 holiday journey pre-check is the oil level, the radiator water, pas reservoir level and wash bottle check, tyre pressures too .........  then OFF I go  .....would go 

Knowing there's absolutely nowt to go awry ......... :yahoo:

Malc

But Malc what about the Werthers originals or mint imperials? 😎

• Like 1

15 hours ago, royoftherovers said:

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzphewzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzlesson nearly over?zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz🤣🤣🤣👍

I am so glad you decided to join this Forum Old Buddy.

Hey! You at the back, wake up or a black board duster is coming your way 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links