Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Today I'll mainly be moaning about ...

Steve

26 minutes ago, Mincey said:

Oh yes I can!

Oh no, you…

I’m bored with this already! Never really ‘got’ panto tbh. Went to a few as a child. Later I did go to the Jim Davidson one with a group of friends too…Sin-derella. Not sure who in the group decided it would be a good idea, but actually I seem to remember it was quite a good night. Different times…

• Like 1

Today I shall be moaning about ABSOLUTELY NOTHING 😎. But tomorrow? Well that's another day 😁. Until then hope you all have a memorable Christmas day, be with nice people (in thought if you can't be) and think nice things. Yesterday was my granddaughters birthday, in her card I printed, work hard, play hard eat lots of cake. A motto for birthdays and for life. 🎂

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 12/27/2021 at 6:54 AM, Mincey said:

Now that it's the 27th, can we start moaning again? Is the Christmas Moan Truce over?

Yes. My first one since Christmas.

English cricket. Specifically English batsmen. Hopeless. Leave them all in Australia. Forever!

3 hours ago, Ala Larj said:

Unrecognisable acronyms! 😉

Now there’s no excuse…

https://www.netlingo.com/acronyms.php

Although I do question the sanity of some people who introduce these written acronyms into their speech.  So instead  of actually Rolling On the Floor Laughing at something amusing, they apparently resort to barking!

• Like 1

And while I’m here, I might as well criticise the web designer!

When I go to Latest Posts and see a topic of interest, I jab at the title of the post.

However, being the possessor of fat fingers, I’m just as likely to hit the name of the poster directly below it and so end up being taken to their Page.

This may give the impression that I am stalking these individuals!

Surely it is possible to reposition the poster’s link so that this error can be avoided?

• Like 3

Good afternoon, my learned forum chums. It's New Years Eve, and from an early age I was indoctrinated into the habit of putting a bag containing some fuel (a bit of wood), some food (a bit of bread) and some money (some coins) outside on December 31st each year. I was then told to be sure that the first thing I did the following day was to bring it in again. This would guarantee that I had warmth, food and money for the year to come. To date, this habit has served me well. 

However, this year I have a problem. I have no cash. I would value your collective input here - would putting my debit card out in lieu of cash suffice, or would the Gods Of Luck take a dim view of this?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Mincey said:

Good afternoon, my learned forum chums. It's New Years Eve, and from an early age I was indoctrinated into the habit of putting a bag containing some fuel (a bit of wood), some food (a bit of bread) and some money (some coins) outside on December 31st each year. I was then told to be sure that the first thing I did the following day was to bring it in again. This would guarantee that I had warmth, food and money for the year to come. To date, this habit has served me well. 

However, this year I have a problem. I have no cash. I would value your collective input here - would putting my debit card out in lieu of cash suffice, or would the Gods Of Luck take a dim view of this?

Write yourself an I.O.U James.🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Mincey said:

Interesting. I’ve been conditioned with a similar tradition from my Father.

In our case, you put a silver coin under a piece of coal on the doorstep, ready to bring in on New Years Day. The idea is that you will always have warmth and wealth. 

Love this type of thing, passed down from generation to generation…

@MinceyI wouldn’t take a chance with not continuing the superstition. Find a coin of some sort - you must have something in the house. Don’t risk angering the Gods! 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, First_Lexus said:

Interesting. I’ve been conditioned with a similar tradition from my Father.

In our case, you put a silver coin under a piece of coal on the doorstep, ready to bring in on New Years Day. The idea is that you will always have warmth and wealth. 

Love this type of thing, passed down from generation to generation…

@MinceyI wouldn’t take a chance with not continuing the superstition. Find a coin of some sort - you must have something in the house. Don’t risk angering the Gods! 

I managed to find a two pence piece!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

Should have checked an old pair of your short pants where you may have found Tuppence and a Tanner !🤣

And possibly a Blackjack!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, First_Lexus said:

38165FFA-AA75-4004-9057-2CDD125DEC93.thumb.jpeg.a141fa0768a9d4917224479429eb9580.jpeg

😇

Thanks Ed, I`m using Pepsi currently to clean a few of those to give to the Grandchildren.

Ah 1950......I was 4 and Arsenal had beaten Liverpool 2-0 to win the F.A. Cup.

Joe Mercer the then Arsenal Captain brought the Cup to his home town and gave it to me for a short while to hold.T`was as big as me ! Happy Days with me wearing my Hopalong Cassidy Timex watch.🤣🤣🤣

Thanks for the memory Ed.

• Like 2

Today i am complaining about people that accelerate when you overtake them

And in thesame moan people that overtake you then come to your lane drive in front of you and then slow down so you have to overtake them 

Why oh why

Happy new year to all!

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links