Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Today I'll mainly be moaning about ...

Steve

12 minutes ago, dutchie01 said:

steering wheels that are NOT round  but flattened at the bottom as it looks fast. The word says it it needs to be round.

Austin Allegro comes to mind 

Malc 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Malc1 said:

Austin Allegro comes to mind 

Malc 

Ah, the famous ‘Quartic’ steering wheel. I had a Vanden Plas 1500 once, and was always slightly disappointed that it came with a round (but leather trimmed) steering wheel!

Were Lexus supposed to be planning a ‘joystick’ type thing for the RZ?

15 hours ago, Malc1 said:

Who’s Sue then , the dopey bmw driver on her mobile ? 

why can’t she serve us at a supermarket till ?  I refuse to use the self-serve tills ….. I wave my walking stick around the moment someone suggests I do ….. my trolley might only have a pint/ quart is it ? of milk BUT for me to manipulate a basket and my stick, well, something would end up someone else’s butt ….. but for my tolerance and lack of impatience in a sod…ng supermarket ….. growl ! 

and if someone parks in a ( my ) Blue Badge space without a BB then I sure do rant and rave and wave my stick around and at ‘em …… I’m usually quiet and tolerant ….. I’m a Lexus V8 driver ….. of course 😅

Malc 

Sue then? Why she is the sister of Nowand of course 😅

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, dutchie01 said:

Steering Wheel - 1750 GTV & Giulia Saloon • Alfaholics

Alfa Giulia from the seventies. Now that's a steering wheel. 

Drove it for 4 months some decades ago until it had a flat tire.

Could not jack it up as the jack simply went straight through the chassis.

Beautiful. Not sure I’d like to have a heavy front end collision with that as the landing for my head, but…beautiful even so.

4 hours ago, dutchie01 said:

steering wheels that are NOT round  but flattened at the bottom …

These types of wheel supposedly allow more space for beer bellies, and for this reason are said to be especially popular in German cars. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

81BCOX1Lk7L._AC_UF8941000_QL80_FMwebp_.thumb.webp.42cc6e5545ca9c8afa9ea70f576ff029.webp

27 minutes ago, First_Lexus said:

Beautiful. Not sure I’d like to have a heavy front end collision with that as the landing for my head, but…beautiful even so.

The above is available on amazon for £109.64,in the unlikely event that anybody is interested...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Rabbers said:

These types of wheel supposedly allow more space for beer bellies, and for this reason are said to be especially popular in German cars. 

Suddenly it all becomes clear!

• Haha 2

For the past couple of days it has been misty during the morning rush hour.

Why oh why oh why oh why do some cretinous, hard of thinking buffoons think "Ah, there is a slight mist. I must put my rear fog lights on so that the retinas of any motorists following are burned out". 

The Police should stop these imbeciles, round them up and then exterminate them to save future generations exhibiting such stupidity. 

Which idiot decreed that rear fog lights should be mandatory equipment? I think I've only driven twice in conditions which merited their use.

• Like 1

On 9/4/2023 at 1:13 PM, DavidCM said:

81BCOX1Lk7L._AC_UF8941000_QL80_FMwebp_.thumb.webp.42cc6e5545ca9c8afa9ea70f576ff029.webp

The above is available on Amazon for £109.64,in the unlikely event that anybody is interested...

I am pretty sure the last time I saw that a Klingon was wearing it to headbutt James T Kirk.

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Mincey said:

Which idiot decreed that rear fog lights should be mandatory equipment? I think I've only driven twice in conditions which merited their use.

The regulation that high intensity rear fog lights became a mandatory fitting to most new cars manufactured after 1st October 1979 was introduced by the Labour Government under Jim Callaghan in 1978!

6 minutes ago, LenT said:

The regulation that high intensity rear fog lights became a mandatory fitting to most new cars manufactured after 1st October 1979 was introduced by the Labour Government under Jim Callaghan in 1978!

My current wife met him many years ago. Fancy that, I married someone who hobnobbed with the Father of the Rear Fog light.....

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Mincey said:

My current wife met him many years ago. Fancy that, I married someone who hobnobbed with the Father of the Rear Fog light.....

Does she remember if it came up in conversation, James?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LenT said:

Does she remember if it came up in conversation, James?

I'll ask her tonight - if she does, I'll report back. She probably will - she forgets nothing!

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Mincey said:

I'll ask her tonight - if she does, I'll report back. She probably will - she forgets nothing!

Well, it was meant as a slightly jokey question.

But still….suppose she recalls mentioning that her pet hate is driving in fog and nearly hitting the car in front.  And pointing out that if you have dipped beam in front, why not something brighter than sidelights in the rear.

And Jim Callaghan thinks…”Mmmm…could be a vote winner!”.

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, LenT said:

Well, it was meant as a slightly jokey question.

But still….suppose she recalls mentioning that her pet hate is driving in fog and nearly hitting the car in front.  And pointing out that if you have dipped beam in front, why not something brighter than sidelights in the rear.

And Jim Callaghan thinks…”Mmmm…could be a vote winner!”.

She was only about 9 or 10 at the time, but it is the kind of thing she's say....

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mincey said:

Lorry drivers

I'll moan about a stupid Merc driver yesterday ....  left enough space in front of me coz it was an L Plate Lorry driving along .  50mph limit bit bendy road and not usually for overtaking 

2 X Mercs behind me and the first decided to overtake me and plop himself behind the L Plate Truck both doing 50mph of course .......  then he decided to overtake the truck and OMG, the truck braked, the several cars coming towards him braked to a standstill and the stupid Merc driver just managed to complete his overtaking ..  IDIOT 

Anyway, the Merc behind me decided NOT to overtake me .  in my super dooper 32 year young Ls400  .  we all reached the inevitable roundabout after a few mins and the errant idiot Merc was just 2 cars in front of me and the L plate truck .  all emerging unscathed from that roundabout 

Black Merc with a stupid " go faster "  driver .  wish the Police had been following and got the bugger for Dangerous Driving eh !

Malc

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links