Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Shipping Time

On 12/12/2022 at 12:00 PM, Navnan2 said:

Hi Wendy, glad you you have your MY23 at the MY22 deal. may I ask what you have done regards insurances? I was treated the same as you i.e. MY23 for a MY22 deal. I have indicated to my driving insurance company the price of a MY23 as a valuation. I have dithered about taking out GAP insurance as that would require a copy of my purchase invoice if I had to make a claim which shows a MY22 purchase price. This would leave me some thousands out of pocket if I wanted a brand new replacement so pondering is it worth it.

Hi Barry, yep to GAP or not to GAP giving me headache! Try gap insurance.co.uk of the ones I've investigated they seem the most up front in explaining their policies.

My insurance with General Accident covers me in the first year for replacement in the case of total loss. It's been a bit of a conundrum as I'm in a strange situation where another car is on order which the finance will continue on just a straight swop use the car I have until next one comes.  

On 12/13/2022 at 2:16 PM, Weatherwax said:

Hi Barry, yep to GAP or not to GAP giving me headache! Try gap insurance.co.uk of the ones I've investigated they seem the most up front in explaining their policies.

My insurance with General Accident covers me in the first year for replacement in the case of total loss. It's been a bit of a conundrum as I'm in a strange situation where another car is on order which the finance will continue on just a straight swop use the car I have until next one comes.  

I'm in the same situation as you Wendy. I'm looking at the suggestion made by Paul in a previous post. Thanks for the reply.

On 12/12/2022 at 8:35 PM, RXtoNX said:

Barry, try ALA, they offer GAP replacement car cover and are usually very competitive, especially if you search for discount codes.

I’ve used them 3 times but fortunately never had to claim so, from experience, I can’t tell you what they are like if you have to claim but I have seen decent reviews in that respect

https://www.ala.co.uk

Thanks Paul, will take a look.

• 4 weeks later...

Well update on my 2022 Lexus ux250h. I've had the car for 6 months now and first issue has come up. I have ice on inside of car window and wet puddles in footwell on both driver and passenger side. I've booked car into lexus to find out I don't get a replacement car while mine is under investigation. The investigation will cost me 186 pound and if I get it repaired through lexus it will be 90 pound. What happened to new car warranty and no car after dropping new car off with only 1700 miles on clock. I think I might be changing back to BMW at least they came to house picked up car and gave u replacement vehicle and warranty was warranty. I'm very disappointed tbh with Lexus. Seems very unfriendly to people who pay 44k for a new vehicle.

Regards,

Darrell

37 minutes ago, Dazzle1983 said:

Well update on my 2022 Lexus ux250h. I've had the car for 6 months now and first issue has come up. I have ice on inside of car window and wet puddles in footwell on both driver and passenger side. I've booked car into lexus to find out I don't get a replacement car while mine is under investigation. The investigation will cost me 186 pound and if I get it repaired through lexus it will be 90 pound. What happened to new car warranty and no car after dropping new car off with only 1700 miles on clock. I think I might be changing back to BMW at least they came to house picked up car and gave u replacement vehicle and warranty was warranty. I'm very disappointed tbh with Lexus. Seems very unfriendly to people who pay 44k for a new vehicle.

Regards,

Darrell

It's not Lexus but the dealership (care to tell which dealer it is?) and I would be looking to go to another dealer. Did you request a courtesy car? The £186 should be waived if it's found to be a fault due to manufacture.

My dealership has never mentioned any costs on the occasions my cars have gone in for investigations whilst under 3yrs old. I have always been offered a courtesy car, or the option to collect and return the car. 

Find another dealer, don't tar all of Lexus with the one experience

• Like 2

3 hours ago, NemesisUK said:

It's not Lexus but the dealership (care to tell which dealer it is?) and I would be looking to go to another dealer. Did you request a courtesy car? The £186 should be waived if it's found to be a fault due to manufacture.

My dealership has never mentioned any costs on the occasions my cars have gone in for investigations whilst under 3yrs old. I have always been offered a courtesy car, or the option to collect and return the car. 

Find another dealer, don't tar all of Lexus with the one experience

Hi,

Yes asked for courtesy car due to travelling 30 miles to get there and said no as it might take more then a day to find so will be a taxi back and no car and taxi there after. Sometimes I don't understand their thinking. It was Edgware in London who said no courtesy car and that it might not be under warranty. I'm sorry but a car that has no marks on it since I picked it up and has less then 1700 miles on clock I think its not something I've done it's pure cheeky of them to mention something like that in my opinion. I even paid for services upfront. 😆 maybe I'll try different dealer. Just find it strange as my bmw had issue they took car dropped another off till was fixed. I'm shocked as lexus is supposed to be customer focused no matter what dealer u go to.

On 1/6/2023 at 5:18 PM, RXtoNX said:

Why not speak to the dealer principal, it might just be a prat in the service/after sales dept you’ve been dealing with?

Spoke to another deal and had someone on here say they had same problem with Lexus in London. I have now booked with Reading. Person I spoke to was guy named Paul was a fantastic bloke very different. However he also explained they have stopped giving out courtesy cars due to customers with investigation work having them to long and needing them for servicing work. Meaning a service is in and out in a day. The customer drops off a car and drives off in courtesy car and is back that day to pick his/her car up and returns courtesy car. I'm guessing it's a cost thing but still very poor of Lexus. Not the person who gave me information. 

• 3 weeks later...

When i recently rung dealers up enquiring about 12v Battery jump starting after its discharged. I did mention to one should I give you an order for a UX250h today when will it be delivered answer September.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

13 hours ago, Briancharles said:

I ordered a Lexus UX Takumi through Lexus Bristol in February 2022.

The car has still not arrived in March 2023 !!

I ordered my UX Takumi last October, the order paperwork has an expected delivery date of this September.

Someone on this forum discovered their order had been lost in the system after many months of waiting and as a result he cancelled his order. Therefore, I've been emailing the salesman for an update every month. The latest was that my car is due to go into production this month with an expected delivery date of May. But at present the Lexus online customer portal is still showing my car is in the order processing stage.

Last year the Toyota and Lexus factories weren't able to run all shifts due to component shortages and as a result delivery times increased. Component shortage problems are now easing so most of the factories are back to more normal working: https://global.toyota/en/newsroom/corporate/38852100.html

It's an older thread but I still want to share my experience. I remember when I got my open transport car shipping. It was an F Sport too! It took mine about 6 weeks but that was a while ago. If your car is already in transportation, then you're probably looking at a similar time frame. I'd say mid-January is probably the most realistic timeline, as you said. Don't worry tho, it'll come before you know it! In most cases, shipping goes well and there are no issues because the shippers are professionals. I personally recommend to get your car shipped and not drive it yourself.

My UX Takumi was also ordered from Bristol but in January 2022, picked it up in July last year, something definitely wrong there Brian, what have Lexus said, presumably you have badgered the life out of them.

Bill D.

On 10/20/2022 at 11:12 PM, daniel304 said:

Hello, I've been lingering but just took delivery of a 2023 ux250h f sport design and thought I'd share some photos for those waiting for the same model.

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

Decided to order today. fsport design with black interior and sonic Platinum coming from a Corolla hybrid. Its a long wait but im sure it will be worth it

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links