Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

NX 2022 delivery date

Just ordered a NX450+ today, and was told January 2023 the saleman also said for the NX350 September 2023. Looked at Land Rover, Jags and Merc's and the times are all between 6 to 12 months.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, WhiteHart said:

Just ordered a NX450+ today, and was told January 2023 the saleman also said for the NX350 September 2023. Looked at Land Rover, Jags and Merc's and the times are all between 6 to 12 months.

WhiteHart,

Placed my order for the 450H in mid May and have received a delivery ETA of December 27th 2022.  As this is over the Christmas period I expect this will get pushed to January but sounds like the same delivery time as you and steady at ~7months.

Hillie

Well, received a call from dealer today. Car gone to build yesterday. NX350H FSport ordered November 2021. Hopeful to others who ordered same spec in November 2021

• Like 3

3 hours ago, ABitterman said:

Had an update on my NX450+. Checked Marine Traffic and the boat has left Japan and heading for the Suez Canal. 

83BC8FFF-2EC6-4889-8425-F361A3C55A55.jpeg

Good news but the journey time appears excessive. My car was only at sea for just over a month? 

5 hours ago, ABitterman said:

Had an update on my NX450+. Checked Marine Traffic and the boat has left Japan and heading for the Suez Canal. 

83BC8FFF-2EC6-4889-8425-F361A3C55A55.jpeg

When did yours go into "build"... Mine was a few weeks ago around 23rd May so hoping mine is also on this boat!! 

2 hours ago, Bish1402 said:

When did yours go into "build"... Mine was a few weeks ago around 23rd May so hoping mine is also on this boat!! 

It was due off the factory line 7/6. They did say last time that it would arrive in the UK by the 27/7 which ties in with RXtoNX. Guess they want me to feel I’ve got my car early rather than 2 months late 😂

it does seem they’ve done a run of 450”s that are heading to the UK at the same time. 

I have just been notified that my car is on the same ship 🙂 I'd like to apply to join the Viking Adventure Club please.

My NX 450h+ Premium was ordered by the dealer on 6 Feb, I was notified that it went into build on the 6 Jun and notified that build was complete on 28 Jun - at which point it must have already been on the boat, just one of 6,700!

Mine could be on the same ship or on one of the ships due to arrive 8th July or 11th July. Any vessel on the link I provided whose last port was Livorno and agent is OSK is a Toyota carrier.

Build complete on mine 4th June but the ship arriving 8th July left Japan on the 6th June so doubt it made that one.

Yes, I could ask the dealer which it is on but he’s already told me they are hoping I can collect early August so it must be one of those 2. If the car arrives at the dealership early Aug I will collect it but late Aug I will wait until 1st Sept.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RXtoNX said:

Mine could be on the same ship or on one of the ships due to arrive 8th July or 11th July. Any vessel on the link I provided whose last port was Livorno and agent is OSK is a Toyota carrier.

Build complete on mine 4th June but the ship arriving 8th July left Japan on the 6th June so doubt it made that one.

Yes, I could ask the dealer which it is on but he’s already told me they are hoping I can collect early August so it must be one of those 2. If the car arrives at the dealership early Aug I will collect it but late Aug I will wait until 1st Sept.

I read somewhere, and it seems to be borne out by my own experience, is that Lexus wait until the vehicle is on a ship before issuing the 'build complete' message. If correct, cars may be complete and off the production line, before then hanging around for several days before we hear about it.

Since, you received a 'build complete' message on 4th June and the normal sailing time is 38-40 days, I think you have good grounds for expecting your car will arrive at Portbury on the 8th or 11th. Let's hope so. 

55 minutes ago, RXtoNX said:

My dealer's last ETA in UK was 22nd July; looking at the resource you provided the vessel Goodwood arrives at Portbury on 22nd July.    I am scheduled to be driving down to south of France on Friday 5th August; am doubtful I will get my NX before then - I think it up to a month to get from Portbury to delears?

15 minutes ago, Stumpyuk said:

My dealer's last ETA in UK was 22nd July; looking at the resource you provided the vessel Goodwood arrives at Portbury on 22nd July.    I am scheduled to be driving down to south of France on Friday 5th August; am doubtful I will get my NX before then - I think it up to a month to get from Portbury to delears?

I live quite close to Portbury and the dealers but it was 3 weeks to get mine after it docked. It went to Derby to have the welding checked due to the recall and then it was sent from Derby to Bristol. Anyway, good luck and hope you drive to France in the NX

9 minutes ago, Stumpyuk said:

My dealer told me to expect two weeks but for others it has clearly taken longer. Some cars (but I don't think all of them?) have to go via Derby where they fit some of the non-factory fitted options (like a tow bar for example). Other accessories, like cross roof bars can easily be fitted by the dealer. I was told to then expect 3-7 days for the dealer to do what they need to do before I can collect my car. If your car arrives at Portbury on the 22nd and follows a similar pattern to that which I have been advised, sadly, I think it unlikely you'll get your car in time for your French trip but I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

My 450h+ took around 2 weeks from dockside at Portbury to dealership via Burnaston. Its a tight turnaround but hope that it all slots into place for your French trip.

18 hours ago, Stumpyuk said:

My NX350h was stuck at Derby for about 4 weeks. Not sure why it took so long as my car was a "standard" spec (i.e. no add-ons such as tow bars; etc.).

Hopefully the turnaround for your car will be quicker.

I ordered an no 350h on 6th November 2021 . I was told Lexus don’t let customers down and always err on the cautious side. They stated that it was unlikely to be here beginning of march 22 but definitely by April. In march I contacted the branch for an update to be told that my car was one of 121 cars that missed that group so to expect it in July. Now told that it missed the next batch too and not coming before September. How can that be? Branch have washed their hands of it and sent my emails to customer service. Fantastic service. For a company with a one hundred year plan, they don’t seem to know their backsides from their Lexus logo shaped elbows. If I could get an alternative elsewhere I definitely would. It’s time we started seriously complaining instead of sitting here grumbling. Badger the top brass every day.

• Sad 1

Just to add to the many frustrated customers, I thought it may help those who have ordered same model/spec/colour to get some idea of delivery. I ordered my NX350h, Premium Pack Plus in Sonic Titanium with Dark Rose interior on 23rd November 2021. Originally told February/March 2022, then informed June/July and now being told not before September 2022. Still just showing ‘Order in progress’ on the Lexus link app. What’s bugging me is that come September 1st under my PCP agreement I will need to service and MOT the vehicle at my cost literally days before hopefully handing the vehicle back, something I wouldn’t have done had It been delivered as hoped.

• Sad 1

37 minutes ago, Disgruntled and grumpy said:

I ordered an no 350h on 6th November 2021 . I was told Lexus don’t let customers down and always err on the cautious side. They stated that it was unlikely to be here beginning of march 22 but definitely by April. In march I contacted the branch for an update to be told that my car was one of 121 cars that missed that group so to expect it in July. Now told that it missed the next batch too and not coming before September. How can that be? Branch have washed their hands of it and sent my emails to customer service. Fantastic service. For a company with a one hundred year plan, they don’t seem to know their backsides from their Lexus logo shaped elbows. If I could get an alternative elsewhere I definitely would. It’s time we started seriously complaining instead of sitting here grumbling. Badger the top brass every day.

Agreed. I am not sure the so called top brass care. They are sitting on a pile of orders not witnessed before for NX in UK. Unless, their bottom line profit is affected and they are posting sales never seen before, why should they be worried. In my experience, Lexus Customer Service blames the dealers while dealers blame lexus customer service. October/November 2021 350h orders seem to be a headache for them. Dealers would like us to cancel as it will be a bonus if the cars eventually arrive due to huge mark up in price. Lexus Customer Service knows it is a huge PR disaster, as they cannot deliver orders taken at new car launch, why would anyone trust any other sales hype coming from them. Someone mentioned they are desperately trying to complete all orders made last year, assigning them build slots before 1st October 2022, traditionally, a set date for new models. Maybe, that's why there is no new update on NX 2023. 

Therefore, I am not looking forward to my November 2021 order being delivered before September 2022 and frankly, Lexus don't care as much from what I have seen so far.

2 hours ago, Starlight said:

Agreed. I am not sure the so called top brass care. They are sitting on a pile of orders not witnessed before for NX in UK. Unless, their bottom line profit is affected and they are posting sales never seen before, why should they be worried. In my experience, Lexus Customer Service blames the dealers while dealers blame lexus customer service. October/November 2021 350h orders seem to be a headache for them. Dealers would like us to cancel as it will be a bonus if the cars eventually arrive due to huge mark up in price. Lexus Customer Service knows it is a huge PR disaster, as they cannot deliver orders taken at new car launch, why would anyone trust any other sales hype coming from them. Someone mentioned they are desperately trying to complete all orders made last year, assigning them build slots before 1st October 2022, traditionally, a set date for new models. Maybe, that's why there is no new update on NX 2023. 

Therefore, I am not looking forward to my November 2021 order being delivered before September 2022 and frankly, Lexus don't care as much from what I have seen so far.

Also interesting what you see on Auto trader. I guess that's Lexus new dealership centre. A brand new NX350H FSPORT is listed as £50,310 while a used NX350H FSPORT is listed as £54,995. Almost the cost of a brand new NX350H FSPORT Takumi. A used car is now more expensive than a brand new car. It is a dealers' world. Customers are caught up in this absolute mess, while Lexus and dealers are playing ping pong with our orders.

Just had my fortnightly update from my dealers, some are good at communicating 🙄

They are hoping our 450h+ will be with them at the end of the month so we should be able to collect it during 1st week of August.

Wife took the call so didn’t ask which ship it is on. Will have to be one of the two arriving Portbury 8th July & 11th July if it has any chance of being with the dealer at the end of the month.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RXtoNX said:

Just had my fortnightly update from my dealers, some are good at communicating 🙄

They are hoping our 450h+ will be with them at the end of the month so we should be able to collect it during 1st week of August.

Wife took the call so didn’t ask which ship it is on. Will have to be one of the two arriving Portbury 8th July & 11th July if it has any chance of being with the dealer at the end of the month.

Now you have me excited as mine also went into build around the same time as yours!  I don't get updated like you as a lease order but it was confirmed as already in build on 24th....so fingers crossed an August delivery for me also!!!!  Road trip to Disney Paris August 27th so hopefully we go in a Lexus 😊

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Bish1402 said:

Now you have me excited as mine also went into build around the same time as yours!  I don't get updated like you as a lease order but it was confirmed as already in build on 24th....so fingers crossed an August delivery for me also!!!!  Road trip to Disney Paris August 27th so hopefully we go in a Lexus 😊

Fingers crossed, but don’t shoot the messenger if not🙄

9 hours ago, Starlight said:

Well I contacted  my dealer and told him  that I wanted to cancel as I wasn't happy with the whole Lexus experience. They have done nothing but try and convince me to keep with them. They have even offered me 2  free services. They did say the likelihood of the car arriving end of July is unlikely and September is more likely. 

They know I ordered my NX before the price increase so I'm sure it would be easy to find a new customer. I thought they'd bite my hand of but seems they want to keep my custom.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links