Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

NX 2022 delivery date

Maybe, that's why you have 450h sitting idly at the shop and no buyers. While order sheet for 350h is bursting and waiting times 18-24 months. Thankfully, there is something called supply and demand that affects price vs profitability. Thats where the bubble burst.

I’ve now had a NX350h F Sport on order since end of November ‘21. Every couple of months it gets delayed another couple of months. The latest forecast is mid September however the app still shows ‘order in progress’. In order to meet this date, the order should have progressed by now so I’m not holding much hope for mid September. Due to the price rises since placing my order, I’m wondering if the dealer will honour the price of the car and trade in as shown on the order form. I know that the latest price list has a clause regarding the price at build but I don’t believe this clause was present when I ordered. Has anyone had any issues with dealers not honouring the figures on their order form? 

2 hours ago, GALex said:

I’ve now had a NX350h F Sport on order since end of November ‘21. Every couple of months it gets delayed another couple of months. The latest forecast is mid September however the app still shows ‘order in progress’. In order to meet this date, the order should have progressed by now so I’m not holding much hope for mid September. Due to the price rises since placing my order, I’m wondering if the dealer will honour the price of the car and trade in as shown on the order form. I know that the latest price list has a clause regarding the price at build but I don’t believe this clause was present when I ordered. Has anyone had any issues with dealers not honouring the figures on their order form? 

I ordered 350h F Sport with Takumi pack end of Oct 21 and was told about 3 weeks ago that the car would “probably” going to be build in Sept 22 and for delivery in Nov 22. It’s likely yours won’t come in Sept if it’s still not being built (I was told ETA was Aug 22 before the last update). My broker confirmed the price would stay the same but guess I will only really know when I get to sign the paperwork. Your trade in price is unlikely to be the same since it’s about a year down the line.

I was fortunate in that my 450h+ which was ordered in September 21 was delivered in March this year. During this time there was a price increase and a finance rate rise however my dealer held the figures as per the order. Trade-in had not been agreed until the new vehicle arrived but was "above book".

• Like 2

8 hours ago, GALex said:

Ordered my 450 in December and took delivery in June. I went in a week before delivery to sort the paperwork and they honoured the price and gave me an additional 1k for my car.

• Like 1

Ordered my NX350h in September last year and took delivery in February. The price I paid along with the PCP finance interest rate remained at the September values even though there had been an increase to both in the intervening months.

• Like 1

Thanks for all your experiences. I’m encouraged by the reports of dealers honouring the figures quoted on the order forms, lets just see what happens when I finally reach the front of the queue. I have my current NX booked in for an intermediate service this week and an MOT in September is unavoidable but I’m hoping not to require tyres. 

19 hours ago, GALex said:

Due to the price rises since placing my order, I’m wondering if the dealer will honour the price of the car and trade in as shown on the order form. I know that the latest price list has a clause regarding the price at build but I don’t believe this clause was present when I ordered. Has anyone had any issues with dealers not honouring the figures on their order form? 

Just “auto signed” the documents for the 450h we ordered in January which is due for delivery during first week in August (originally estimated May/June)

All figures as agreed - purchase price, trade in value, finance rate etc👍

• Like 6

Mine arrived at the dealership yesterday.
I don’t know when it arrived at Derby since the app kept changing its mind in its reporting, but I do know that it landed at Portbury on 5th July so I guess 2-3 weeks at Derby which I think is the norm

50 minutes ago, Mattsneaker said:

Do all Lexus cars get 'processed' at Derby before being transported to dealers ?

Yes, they carry out various checks on the vehicle, do the PDI and fit certain accessories if ordered.

3 weeks +/- a day or so from arrival in U.K. to dealerships appears to be the norm for Lexus, although I’m sure there are some exceptions 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mattsneaker said:

Do all Lexus cars get 'processed' at Derby before being transported to dealers ?

I'm not sure. My sales contact told me that cars only went to Derby if they needed to and that they (the dealers) would carry out the PDI. However, he has been wrong (in minor ways) a couple of times so Paul (RXtoNX) might be correct.

The Viking Adventure has had a good head of steam since leaving Livorno and is making good progress. Already passed Lisbon. Forecast on FleetMon is still to arrive  at 16:00 on the 29th (the same as it's been showing since leaving Livorno). 

Any shipping experts out there? Do ships have a docking slot that is pre-allocated and they have to aim for, or do they try and get there as soon as possible and hope the port takes them early? If it does arrive at 4 o'clock on Friday, will unloading start over the weekend or do the docks work only from Monday to Friday?

10 minutes ago, Harrier Man said:

I'm not sure. My sales contact told me that cars only went to Derby if they needed to and that they (the dealers) would carry out the PDI. However, he has been wrong (in minor ways) a couple of times so Paul (RXtoNX) might be correct.

I was informed that they all went to Derby for quality checking  and the fitting of certain accessories.

3 hours ago, Harrier Man said:

The Viking Adventure has had a good head of steam since leaving Livorno and is making good progress. Already passed Lisbon. Forecast on FleetMon is still to arrive  at 16:00 on the 29th (the same as it's been showing since leaving Livorno). 

Any shipping experts out there? Do ships have a docking slot that is pre-allocated and they have to aim for, or do they try and get there as soon as possible and hope the port takes them early? If it does arrive at 4 o'clock on Friday, will unloading start over the weekend or do the docks work only from Monday to Friday?

Vessels do have a pre-allocated docking slot but can berth early if a berth is available.

Usually Labour is also pre-allocated so If it does berth early then unloading may or may not commence early depending on labour availability.
Some Ports have a “follow the ship” model whereby if a labour gang was scheduled to commence at 16.00hrs but the ship arrives earlier they can be required to commence their shift early, although I am sure you can imagine what sort of problems such a contract causes between stevedores and managers in Ports but unfortunately it is the nature of the beast.

There is one other factor which occurs during vessel unloading which can affect the delivery timescale but my lips (& fingers) are sealed 🙄

hi everyone,

I received the "left the factory" notification last Friday (22/7) and my dealer has confirmed my car is indeed "at sea" but said he doesn't have the ship information.

Now I tried to look on the marine traffic website but must say I'm completely clueless on where to start, any experts here received their "left the factory" at around the same time and know which ship it's on? Or can point me in the right direction to work out which ship it's potentially on?

It'll be great fun to track every move of the ship as it head towards portbury, even if it turns out to be the wrong ship at the end! haha

For those of you trying to work out a rough timeframe for your own order, mine is a 350h ordered directly with the dealer at the end of Dec-21, and went into "build" roughly a month ago.

Thanks guys.

Lok

• Like 1

1 hour ago, loknx said:

hi everyone,

I received the "left the factory" notification last Friday (22/7) and my dealer has confirmed my car is indeed "at sea" but said he doesn't have the ship information.

Now I tried to look on the marine traffic website but must say I'm completely clueless on where to start, any experts here received their "left the factory" at around the same time and know which ship it's on? Or can point me in the right direction to work out which ship it's potentially on?

It'll be great fun to track every move of the ship as it head towards portbury, even if it turns out to be the wrong ship at the end! haha

For those of you trying to work out a rough timeframe for your own order, mine is a 350h ordered directly with the dealer at the end of Dec-21, and went into "build" roughly a month ago.

Thanks guys.

Lok

Here's what I did ...

From the Lexus Link notifications I worked out a 3 day window of departure dates from Nagoya, the port Lexus use in Japan.

I used, https://www.myshiptracking.com/ports-arrivals-departures to search for ships leaving the port on these dates.

This includes all ships but I could ignore the tugs, high speed vessels, passenger ships, tankers and yachts (teal, brown, blue, red and purple dots respectively).

I picked out the ships classed as vehicle carriers; reducing the number of ships from 204 to 14.

Over a couple of days, I plotted the positions of all 14 and eliminated the ones heading in the wrong direction.

This left zero ships! Vaguely possible, one ship.

Then, fortunately, somebody put up a post naming the Viking Adventure, which he had been given by his dealer.

I checked my original list again and the Viking Adventure was listed but as a cargo ship, not a vehicle carrier. Hence why I had missed it.

My dealer, several days later, was able to confirm that my vehicle was indeed on the Viking Adventure.

Hope that helps. Good luck.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, loknx said:

hi everyone,

Thanks guys.

Lok

Hope you don't mind me asking Lok, which dealership did you order from and what date? I ordered 350h via a Lease broker on Dec 24th 2021 and been told delivery in 2023 and still no build slot. Worried something has gone wrong despite my broker having a good reputation. They also told me the order was confirmed by Lexus fleet orders on the same day... Can anyone advise/is anyone in the same boat??

12 hours ago, loknx said:

hi everyone,

Thanks guys.

Lok

Vessels usually arrive at Portbury around 4 weeks after leaving Japan so, working in conjunction with the info given by @Harrier Man, you should be able to estimate the arrival date by looking at the planned forward movement of arrivals at Portbury by using the following link.

The majority of Toyota vessels are managed by agents OS-K so look down the chart to see which OS-K agent vessels are due for arrival around you estimated date with the route of Livorno - Zeebruge.

https://www.bristolport.co.uk/shipping/forward-movements

Just a general response on Lexus NX delivery times. I found this article when browsing the internet in a moment of boredom. 

'TrueFleet' a UK lease company published a list of approximate manufacturer delivery times by vehicle model on 19th July.  For lexus they show:

Factory Order Lead Time
(estimated and subject to change)

• UX Hybrid = 8-9 months
  • UX EV = 12+ months
  • NX Hybrid = 12+ months
  • NX PHEV = 7-8 months
  • ES Hybrid = 8-9 months
  • RX = now in run-out, new orders closed
  • RC F = 12+ months
  • LC = 11-12 months
  • LC Hybrid = 8-9 months
  • LC Convertible = 12+ months
  • LS = 15 months

It is interesting to see the range of leadtimes.  For the NX market segment:

• Audi Q3 SUV PHEV = 27-32+ weeks
  • Audi Q5 PHEV = Estimated Q1 2023
  • BMW Most models = 8-10 months
  • Volvo XC40 = 6 months (XC40 Electric = 6-9 months)
  • Volvo XC90 PHEV = 6-9 months
  • Jaguar E-Pace P300e = up to 6 months
  • Jaguar F-Pace (excluding D165) = up to 6 months
  • Jaguar I-Pace = up to 6 months

The full list  showing the majority of Manufacturers can be found here https://truefleet.co.uk/blog/car-van-manufacturer-vehicle-lead-time-information

• Like 3

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links