Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

NX 2022 delivery date

21 minutes ago, Bob Lucas said:

I am a little premature in joining this group as I ordered my new Lexus NX350h in June with a projected delivery date of June 2023 which I did find disappointing to say the least.  I understand that Lexus are now not taking any further orders for this model until further notice so my hopes for an improved delivery date have been well and truly dashed.  In fact on a Facebook forum I have seen a number of negative delivery comments from customers that ordered when this model was launched last November with a promised delivery date in March 2022 but are still waiting so not good news.

Welcome to the forum Bob. I joined before I took delivery of my car too. Lots of good information to absorb and to answer any questions you might have before delivery. The Search option is very handy if you think a topic might have been covered before. Lots on this thread about delivery times in general, Lexus delivery times and model specific delivery times in particular. General consensus is that it is worth the wait and I agree; love my new car.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Bob Lucas said:

I am a little premature in joining this group as I ordered my new Lexus NX350h in June with a projected delivery date of June 2023 which I did find disappointing to say the least.  I understand that Lexus are now not taking any further orders for this model until further notice so my hopes for an improved delivery date have been well and truly dashed.  In fact on a Facebook forum I have seen a number of negative delivery comments from customers that ordered when this model was launched last November with a promised delivery date in March 2022 but are still waiting so not good news.

Welcome, i joined early too!  Lots of good info and advice.  I had no idea you could track the vehicle as ours was a lease order. From reading about other members experiences i was able to get a VIN number, quick call to Lexus Customer Services and i have been happily tracking the Ship from Japan over the last few weeks.  Even managed to get a glimpse from a web cam on Gibraltar!  My other half says i'm obsessed, she may have a point!

• Like 3

Just a quick query to those in the know. For those of us who are are awaiting a vehicle to be delivered sometime in 2023, i.e. not built yet, does that mean they are technically 2023 model year vehicles? and are there any differences between 2022 and 2023 specifications at all. I suspect no change but just curious.

On another note I am sure I have read somewhere that if a vehicle was ordered as a 2022 model, but delivered as a 2023 model, then they have the right to increase the price?

Well I've reluctantly cancelled my NX350H in Sonic White with rose seats and sunroof. Reason being  that every ETA I've been given hasn't happened and the latest promise was Nov which I've been told will not happen.

Lexus customer service have been absolutely brilliant though.They did all they could to get me to change my mind but its too late as I've had a call from my local Mercedes dealer to tell me theyve got a cancelled C class Premium available. I've decided to take it and I pick it up this weekend.

I'm a little bit sad that I wont be a Lexus owner this time around but the main reason for me cancelling has been the lack of communication and the sudden availability of the C Class.

As I said eralier Lexus customer services themselves have been excellent but I can't say the same about the Lexus dealer. So I'll be waving goodbye to this forum of which I've become quite attached.

Good Luck everyone and I'm sure you'll all love your cars when they eventually arrive.👍

• Sad 1

14 minutes ago, PETERPFC1 said:

Well I've reluctantly cancelled my NX350H in Sonic White with rose seats and sunroof. Reason being  that every ETA I've been given hasn't happened and the latest promise was Nov which I've been told will not happen.

Lexus customer service have been absolutely brilliant though.They did all they could to get me to change my mind but its too late as I've had a call from my local Mercedes dealer to tell me theyve got a cancelled C class Premium available. I've decided to take it and I pick it up this weekend.

I'm a little bit sad that I wont be a Lexus owner this time around but the main reason for me cancelling has been the lack of communication and the sudden availability of the C Class.

As I said eralier Lexus customer services themselves have been excellent but I can't say the same about the Lexus dealer. So I'll be waving goodbye to this forum of which I've become quite attached.

Good Luck everyone and I'm sure you'll all love your cars when they eventually arrive.👍

Sorry to hear that, hope the C Class proves to be a good car for you.

I wonder if any members who have a Lexus NX on order but not yet delivered share my concern about the potential further delay beyond stated delivery Date? I would also be interested to receive comments on owners experience of the NX350t with Premium +pack who have been fortunate enough to receive their car.

21 hours ago, bgb said:

Welcome, i joined early too!  Lots of good info and advice.  I had no idea you could track the vehicle as ours was a lease order. From reading about other members experiences i was able to get a VIN number, quick call to Lexus Customer Services and i have been happily tracking the Ship from Japan over the last few weeks.  Even managed to get a glimpse from a web cam on Gibraltar!  My other half says i'm obsessed, she may have a point!

Thanks for your insight, I think I too will become obsessed as the delivery date next year looms closer but for now I just have to remain patient.  I recently parted company with my Jaguar XJ Executive and currently have a Honda C-RV that, while a very acceptable car it is not quite a Lexus which I have been promising myself for the last few years.

18 hours ago, imgo said:

Just a quick query to those in the know. For those of us who are are awaiting a vehicle to be delivered sometime in 2023, i.e. not built yet, does that mean they are technically 2023 model year vehicles? and are there any differences between 2022 and 2023 specifications at all. I suspect no change but just curious.

On another note I am sure I have read somewhere that if a vehicle was ordered as a 2022 model, but delivered as a 2023 model, then they have the right to increase the price?

There are many reports of delays beyond the specified 2023 delivery date, mine is 30th June.  There are also rumours about reasons for extended delays, for example that due to the world shortage of microchips and semi-conductors Lexus are concentrating on the production of the highest value models that provide a higher revenue for them rather than production of all models in order date. It would be interesting to receive a response from Lexus.

1 hour ago, Bob Lucas said:

Thanks for your insight, I think I too will become obsessed as the delivery date next year looms closer but for now I just have to remain patient.  I recently parted company with my Jaguar XJ Executive and currently have a Honda C-RV that, while a very acceptable car it is not quite a Lexus which I have been promising myself for the last few years.

"My other half says i'm obsessed, she may have a point!"

Obsession with a Lexus is almost a Statutory condition of ownership Bob. In essence it means that we are all married to the same kind of caring girl.🤣👍

Welcome to the Club by the way.

• Like 2

Just had my regular monthly update from my Lexus dealership regarding my NX350h Takumi ordered on 12th Feb 2022 :-

"The ETA is now showing nearer middle of Quarter two in 2023 at this time, I will keep you updated"

So basically May 2023, 15 months since order. Last month on 26th Sept I was given an ETA of March 23, so it has slipped by 2 months since then. Not happy. The original delivery date was due to be 19th August 2022.

Will Lexus give any compensation for this extended openended delay??

2 minutes ago, imgo said:

Just had my regular monthly update from my Lexus dealership regarding my NX350h Takumi ordered on 12th Feb 2022 :-

"The ETA is now showing nearer middle of Quarter two in 2023 at this time, I will keep you updated"

So basically May 2023, 15 months since order. Last month on 26th Sept I was given an ETA of March 23, so it has slipped by 2 months since then. Not happy. The original delivery date was due to be 19th August 2022.

Will Lexus give any compensation for this extended openended delay??

Michael, Why is time of the essence?

Why can`t you just wait for it to be delivered ?

Most Motor Manufacturers are in the same predicament in the World of today.

Do you expect to receive compensation from Lexus caused by factors which are beyond its control ?

7 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

Michael, Why is time of the essence?

Why can`t you just wait for it to be delivered ?

Most Motor Manufacturers are in the same predicament in the World of today.

Do you expect to receive compensation from Lexus caused by factors which are beyond its control ?

Just annoyed as my original ETA was 19th Aug and my extended warranty on my current Lexus expired on the 15th August, so driving around for another 9 months without any warranty was not what I planned when I placed my order

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, imgo said:

Just annoyed as my original ETA was 19th Aug and my extended warranty on my current Lexus expired on the 15th August, so driving around for another 9 months without any warranty was not what I planned when I placed my order

If it was serviced by Lexus wouldn't it now have the Relax warranty cover until 10 years or 100k miles old - or if over that you can purchase the 10 Year Plus Extended Warranty (which also applies to over 100k miles even if less than 20 years old) and is £480 per annum (inclf breakdown cover) for the IS 300h. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, wharfhouse said:

If it was serviced by Lexus wouldn't it now have the Relax warranty cover until 10 years or 100k miles old - or if over that you can purchase the 10 Year Plus Extended Warranty (which also applies to over 100k miles even if less than 20 years old) and is £480 per annum (inclf breakdown cover) for the IS 300h. 

The 10 year plus ext warranty only covers you to 150,000 miles, I have just clocked 210k miles.

• Sad 1

16 minutes ago, imgo said:

The 10 year plus ext warranty only covers you to 150,000 miles, I have just clocked 210k miles.

Ah OK, yes, I'd forgotten you'd covered so many miles. Great to hear the IS 300h is going strong still though. I can see why the delay in your case would be more concerning in that case. 

Just interested to know if anybody else here is on the Grand Phoenix due into Bristol tonight and onward to Derby?  I can't track in the app so would be interested to hear any status updates going forward.

So carrying on from my previous post about extended delivery date for my car, I then contacted my dealership and 'complained' a bit about the endless delays, which were then passed on to Lexus UK. I have today received what must be a standard response letter with a Goodwill gesture and apology with the following paragraph at the end.

"As a result, as a gesture of our responsibility and by way of a respectful and genuine apology, we would like to offer you £500 of goodwill support, which can be used towards, or to cover the cost of one of the following:

-          Lexus Service Plan

-          Lexus Genuine Accessories

-          Lexus Merchandise"

I think this is the same as a couple of other members have received on here, better than nothing and if you don't ask you don't get, so I'm happy.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, imgo said:

So carrying on from my previous post about extended delivery date for my car, I then contacted my dealership and 'complained' a bit about the endless delays, which were then passed on to Lexus UK. I have today received what must be a standard response letter with a Goodwill gesture and apology with the following paragraph at the end.

"As a result, as a gesture of our responsibility and by way of a respectful and genuine apology, we would like to offer you £500 of goodwill support, which can be used towards, or to cover the cost of one of the following:

-          Lexus Service Plan

-          Lexus Genuine Accessories

-          Lexus Merchandise"

I think this is the same as a couple of other members have received on here, better than nothing and if you don't ask you don't get, so I'm happy.

I spoke to Lexus customer service about my NX350h order recently but got a less helpful response unfortunately. I asked Lexus directly about the goodwill package but it was declined - they told me my order was a fleet order and I got an extremely good deal so no... It was not a lease but I ordered/dealt with the broker directly and, frankly, they did offer me a very substantial discount back then (just under 49k for the F Sport Takumi pack). They told me my Nov 21 order was pushed back further to Jan 23 last month when I first asked them about the status as well as the goodwill package. When I asked them again last week, they just said I needed to speak to my broker directly… The problem was that I actually spoke to my broker before contacting them again and they told me the last report didn’t even have an ETA… Basically I have no idea what is going on with my order currently sigh.

11 minutes ago, William Goddard said:

I ordered my NX 350h Takumi in February 2022 with a delivery date of the 15th December.  That was extended during the summer and hasn't changed and the current ETA is February 2023 - one year from order.

I have been told the same by Lexus Customer Relations. Ordered February, being built December for a February 23 delivery. My dealer emailed me the day after they had no update, so I'd recommend that everybody contact them via main site to get a better answer!

‘My Lexus’ app sprang into life today. Hope this means my car will soon be in manufacturing. I’m trying not to get to excited for possible delivery this year. 

98B2F218-D0AD-420A-BDF1-9C6F001BDDCA.png

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Lairdie said:

‘My Lexus’ app sprang into life today. Hope this means my car will soon be in manufacturing. I’m trying not to get to excited for possible delivery this year. 

98B2F218-D0AD-420A-BDF1-9C6F001BDDCA.png

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links