Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

NX 2022 delivery date

Harrier man I agree 100% 10 yrs ago I called into arrange a test drive in an Audi . Appiontment booked. I arrived on the day told she won't be long take a seat I sat down on the sofa I woke up 20 min later to be told she will be along shortly. I said send her next door I'll be buying a new VW . Never set foot in the Audi dealership again in the next 10yrs I've purchased 4 new cars .     none Audi talk with your feet 

• Like 2

Feeling a bit like this myself at the moment.  I ordered an NX 450+ in May 22 and estimated delivery was Nov 22.  The dealership rang a few months back and delayed to Dec 22.  A few weeks later and I was told it would be early 23.  At that time the App was stating the car was pre-prod.  Thankfully it’s now updated to build in progress and my estimate it will be Feb 23, hopefully!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Kevin Williams said:

John, All be it. I am at the other end of the country. I have dealt with a car dealer in Edinburgh for several years. Buying three MB’s, five BMW’s and a Lexus LC500 Convertible...

I change my cars often. Dealing with a dealer more than 500 miles away. Hasn’t been a problem… 

I agree that communication from Lexus about the RZ450 is very poor… As you say for a £72k car. They should be in very regular contact…! Irrespective of the delays in cars being manufactured and delivered… 

I have ordered a new BMW iX1 from my local BMW dealer. I am advised it should arrive in May 2023. When I email or ring them. I get a quick reply… 

I will probably ask for my RZ deposit back in the New Year… 

I was thinking about buying a UX300e but have decided to buy a new Renault Megane E-Tech Launch Edition which I will get in early January…

I have bought a new VW Caddy 5 WAV for my wife, which is currently being converted. Dealing with this company has been brilliant compared to Lexus…!

I have got to say that my experience with Lexus Edinburgh has been simply exemplary since I first walked in to test drive a NX300h in 2017 resulting in a purchase some months later. I now drive a NX450h+ pre-ordered in September 2021 and delivered in March this year. Was kept up to date with progress throughout.

Always made to feel welcome in the showroom.

My recent Post certainly launched a flurry of real life Customer Experiences.

As Trips to the Continent have stopped  & annual milage barely reaches 4 figures 62K is silly money.

Seeing if my Mint F-Sport is attractive to the Market as moving to a 1 car family now makes sense.

Tel 

11 hours ago, Ken R said:

I have got to say that my experience with Lexus Edinburgh has been simply exemplary since I first walked in to test drive a NX300h in 2017 resulting in a purchase some months later. I now drive a NX450h+ pre-ordered in September 2021 and delivered in March this year. Was kept up to date with progress throughout.

Always made to feel welcome in the showroom.

I see there are two bridges across to Edinburgh. I presume the M90 was built after the first bridge…?

I have been to Scotland several times buying used quarrying equipment. I haven’t been there for more than twenty years…

I had planned to fly my helicopter up to the Isle of Skye to stay with a friend for a couple of days. But due to an accident in 2011. I never went…

The privately owned family company that have several dealerships including Lexus Scotland. Have been good to deal with. Their salespeople are so much nicer to deal with than many of the PLC companies. All my cars have been driven down to Cornwall. I have met one of their MB guys, and one of their BMW guys. 

The sales guy who drove my LC500 Convertible down, is no longer with Lexus…

I will be asking for my deposit back in the New Year for the new RZ.

Ken, your welcome to take my place on the waiting list…?

I have a BMW iX3 on order from my local BMW dealer. I am advised it should arrive in May… Having bought several cars from my local BMW dealer, they know me well. I believe them…!

The last communication from Lexus Edinburgh said…

We are still expecting the first customer deliveries to arrive early Summer 2023.

Reading the several RZ posts on the Forum. Others have got various different dates from their dealers…

And some say... I have heard from my dealer...!!! I don't hear from my dealer...! 

As Lexus Edinburgh know you well. They will no doubt be pleased if you take my place on their waiting list for a new RZ…?

1 hour ago, Kevin Williams said:

I see there are two bridges across to Edinburgh. I presume the M90 was built after the first bridge…?

I have been to Scotland several times buying used quarrying equipment. I haven’t been there for more than twenty years…

I had planned to fly my helicopter up to the Isle of Skye to stay with a friend for a couple of days. But due to an accident in 2011. I never went…

The privately owned family company that have several dealerships including Lexus Scotland. Have been good to deal with. Their salespeople are so much nicer to deal with than many of the PLC companies. All my cars have been driven down to Cornwall. I have met one of their MB guys, and one of their BMW guys. 

I have a BMW iX3 on order from my local BMW dealer. I am advised it should arrive in May… Having bought several cars from my local BMW dealer, they know me well. I believe them…!

We are still expecting the first customer deliveries to arrive early Summer 2023.

Reading the several RZ posts on the Forum. Others have got various different dates from their dealers…

And some say... I have heard from my dealer...!!! I don't hear from my dealer...! 

As Lexus Edinburgh know you well. They will no doubt be pleased if you take my place on their waiting list for a new RZ…?

Hi Kevin

If you have your cars driven down for such a long way, do you have any problems with damage? I'm thinking in particular of stone chips which is a pet hate of mine. 

49 minutes ago, John Adams said:

Hi Kevin

If you have your cars driven down for such a long way, do you have any problems with damage? I'm thinking in particular of stone chips which is a pet hate of mine. 

Hello John,

No all the cars were delivered without any stone chips. Two used MB's, and all the BMW's were used vehicles... The LC 500 Convertible was new... I did have a good walk around all the cars... The only car I have rejected was a Genesis GV60 that was on an open trailer for five hours. I was advised it would be in a closed trailer like others had received their cars... Because of the narrow road I live on. It was agreed that it would be taken off the trailer in the road opposite. I had a phone call from my Genesis Personal Assistant who was with the car. He said the car needed washing... The car was 5 hours late... I rejected the car without seeing it... Good luck to anyone buying a Genesis... I thought having a Genesis Personal Assistant would be good... My experience was bloody terrible... I received a personal email from the MD of Genesis UK saying sorry... I read it and then deleted it...

I have bought cars from many places in the UK including a Bentayga from Charles Hurst in Belfast, that came in a closed container...! I would never buy another Genesis until the car mags and media say they have become a Lexus for Hyundai... I think they have a lot to do before that happens... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, John Adams said:

Hi Kevin

I also have a new ceramic coating on all my cars before they are delivered...

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Marlinleg said:

Harrier man I agree 100% 10 yrs ago I called into arrange a test drive in an Audi . Appiontment booked. I arrived on the day told she won't be long take a seat I sat down on the sofa I woke up 20 min later to be told she will be along shortly. I said send her next door I'll be buying a new VW . Never set foot in the Audi dealership again in the next 10yrs I've purchased 4 new cars .     none Audi talk with your feet 

I didn't mention in my post about my experience in the Ferrari showroom... When we left, we went round to the Aston Martin dealer 1/4 mile away and I bought a DB9...

DB9_KSW1_1.JPG

• Like 1

Getting a bit miffed now….ordered a NX350H F Sport in early March 22 and told to expect it December(ish), this later became March ‘23, now April or May. Neither of these delays were passed on to me I’ve sort of chased the dealer. Frustrating to have a deteriorating delivery date compounded by not being proactively informed by the dealer. Maybe they fear a cancellation when bringing bad news? 
Apparently they’ve stopped taking orders for 2023…..

I’d be interested to know EXACTLY what’s holding the supply chain up and what’s being done to fix it…

8 hours ago, Kevin Williams said:

Hi Kevin

There are indeed 2 road Bridges that cross the Forth, north of Edinburgh. The original Forth Road Bridge is now for the exclusive use of buses and taxis since the opening of the Queensferry crossing. The M90 was constructed in tandem with the Forth Road Bridge as its feeder motorway in the 1960's but has been much extended over the decades and modified more recently to align with the Queensferry Crossing. I'm sorry to hear that you are not taking up your option on the RZ and thank you for considering me as your "reserve" on the waiting list but I am perfectly happy with the NX450h+. Enjoy your BMW when it comes. Your LC500 is stunning - I saw it at Lexus Edinburgh pre delivery to yourself!

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Andyml said:

Getting a bit miffed now….ordered a NX350H F Sport in early March 22 and told to expect it December(ish), this later became March ‘23, now April or May. Neither of these delays were passed on to me I’ve sort of chased the dealer. Frustrating to have a deteriorating delivery date compounded by not being proactively informed by the dealer. Maybe they fear a cancellation when bringing bad news? 

I’d be interested to know EXACTLY what’s holding the supply chain up and what’s being done to fix it…

I am in the same boat. Same order time, same specs and same delays.

On the plus side my dealer does update every 3 months or so. Currently stating delivery in April, this is probably going to change again.

I took advantage of the scrappage scheme they had at that time but it's looking very unlikely my car is going to last till April. I have started looking at XC 60s available for immediate delivery as a backup.

3 hours ago, Andyml said:

Indeed. What exactly is holding up the supply chain.

How is if that a company (Toyota) that practically invented the Kaizen for process improvement is so appalling at managing its production scheduling?

Some slack is allowed for COVID. But I ordered “my” 350h F-Sport in Feb 22 with an August-ish delivery estimate; then October; then Build to start in December last month: arriving in the UK in February. But reading the latest, could be March/April. Really looking forward now to having my own, test drives can sustain you only for so long!

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Mattsneaker said:

I can only guess it is down to options and specs - my Premium/Lexus Link Pro in standard black (no extra options) was ordered on Feb 14 '22 and delivered to my drive on Sep 23rd 

Possibly, but I ordered my NX350h Takumi two days before you and was told this week that eta is May 23

• Sad 1

14 hours ago, Ken R said:

Hi Kevin

There are indeed 2 road Bridges that cross the Forth, north of Edinburgh. The original Forth Road Bridge is now for the exclusive use of buses and taxis since the opening of the Queensferry crossing. The M90 was constructed in tandem with the Forth Road Bridge as its feeder motorway in the 1960's but has been much extended over the decades and modified more recently to align with the Queensferry Crossing. I'm sorry to hear that you are not taking up your option on the RZ and thank you for considering me as your "reserve" on the waiting list but I am perfectly happy with the NX450h+. Enjoy your BMW when it comes. Your LC500 is stunning - I saw it at Lexus Edinburgh pre delivery to yourself!

I imagine my Convertible looked good in the showroom. You must remember Sean Stringer…? Sean drove it down and drove my LC 500 Coupe back up. The Coupe was bought by a guy who lives in Lanarkshire. It’s his first Lexus, and he is a member of this Forum.

CON_1.jpg

LC 500_Honda E.jpg

LC500 Convertible.jpg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, imgo said:

Possibly, but I ordered my NX350h Takumi two days before you and was told this week that eta is May 23

Possible that some of the extras included in Takumi spec are delayed (just a guess)

• Sad 1

In fairness Graham I doubt if Toyota are any worse than other manufacturers although I can’t prove it. I haven’t ordered any weird options and if the colour, Sonic Titanium, was a problem why not tell me and agree an alternative?

Information flow from my drawer has been poor….

I ordered a standard 350h F-Sport in February, no options except Sonic Grey paint. Last I heard early November, start of build would be December but nothing yet on the app.

• Sad 1

On 12/7/2022 at 7:05 PM, Andyml said:

Same here ordered in Feb 22 told delivery Jan/Feb 23 but now there telling April 23, I was told when I placed the order, I would be given Monthly updates, but you have to chase them up for updates!! (Sorry I ordered a 350H Takumi)

• Sad 2

Hello everyone. New member here and have just ordered my first Lexus. last week. I paid the deposit for a 450+ FSport and they told me the next build slot was July with delivery for September 2023. Does that sound about right? I thought NX 350 had the long lead times.

7 minutes ago, RKane said:

Hello everyone. New member here and have just ordered my first Lexus. last week. I paid the deposit for a 450+ FSport and they told me the next build slot was July with delivery for September 2023. Does that sound about right? I thought NX 350 had the long lead times.

From the Lexus website.

NX 350H HYBRID AVAILABILITY

Due to exceptionally high demand for the New NX Hybrid, we have now sold out of this product for 2023. As such, we have temporarily stopped taking orders on this model. The New NX Plug-In Hybrid, winner of Best Plug-in Hybrid at the WhatCar? Car Of The Year Awards 2022, remains on sale. Please contact your local Lexus Centre for the latest information.

5 hours ago, RKane said:

Welcome to the Lexus Owners Club! You will see from the various posts that delivery lead time is a prominent issue. What has been indicated to you seems reasonable to me. Make sure the dealer keeps you updated. I ordered my 450h+ in late September 21 and took delivery in March 22 (although the car actually arrived in late February). In any case you will find that the wait will be worth it as the NX 450h is a simply fantastic car.

Delivery times depend on the specs being on order, as I have understood. I ordered 450h+ F-sport with Takumi in the 1st week of August 22, was told March 23 initially, which became April and now stands at May 23. My dealer updates me every fortnight via a personalised video message which is lovely. Long wait times don't bother me since my dealer makes me feel that I am in good hands and the car feels worth the wait.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links