Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

NX 2022 delivery date

On 3/16/2022 at 2:17 PM, RXtoNX said:

Just been advised by our dealer that Lexus are still, as of their update of yesterday, quoting June delivery for our 450h ordered on 31st Jan

We will wait & see

Same here.   I ordered by NX 450H+ on 21st January.  Dealer system is projecting the vehicle to be available for collection by me 23rd-25th June.

• Like 1

On 3/18/2022 at 12:26 PM, ZackLuk said:

Thanks Mate for your advice. I believe Lexus is really a good brand producing great cars. However, long waiting time in UK without commitment is really desperate. 

I ordered a Land Rover Discovery Sport in August 21.   Even then, the top tech features weren't available, due to the chip shortages.   Initially given a delivery time of 5-7 months, then 7-9 months (this was for a plug-in hybrid that they were prioritising).   I checked with my dealer in January to be told that the spec had been reduced even more, there was no indication when delivery would be; they couldn't even guarantee that I would get the car!    So, no idea when I would get it, if I would get it or what the final spec would be.   I cancelled the order and ordered an NX 450h+ Takumi with an estimate of May/June delivery (August at latest), full spec available.   Delivery estimate has not changed.   The Discovery Sport owners forum is in near melt-down with orders being cancelled by the dealers, no-one has a clue when they are getting their cars and what the final spec will be.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Stumpyuk said:

I ordered a Land Rover Discovery Sport in August 21.   Even then, the top tech features weren't available, due to the chip shortages.   Initially given a delivery time of 5-7 months, then 7-9 months (this was for a plug-in hybrid that they were prioritising).   I checked with my dealer in January to be told that the spec had been reduced even more, there was no indication when delivery would be; they couldn't even guarantee that I would get the car!    So, no idea when I would get it, if I would get it or what the final spec would be.   I cancelled the order and ordered an NX 450h+ Takumi with an estimate of May/June delivery (August at latest), full spec available.   Delivery estimate has not changed.   The Discovery Sport owners forum is in near melt-down with orders being cancelled by the dealers, no-one has a clue when they are getting their cars and what the final spec will be.

We have up on Land Rover when we bought the RX 4 years ago, after 2 Range Rover Sports and a Discovery Sport, the latter which we rejected at 15 months old and finally obtained a full refund due to a catalogue of faults.

Arrogant dealers supported by an arrogant company. Lexus have been a dream in comparison, both customer appreciation wise and quality wise.

• Like 2

Sit rep on the other side of the channel.

350 H ordered today delivery date : not earlier than Q4 2023 !

450 H+ delivery date is shorter (so to speak) : 11 to 12 months 

• Sad 3

After 6 months of waiting, happy to say that my NX is build in progress stage despite the current situation. The dealer given an estimated date on 27th May. Two more month to go....

Screenshot_20220322-064358_Lexus Link.jpg

• Like 6

4 hours ago, KoeNX said:

After 6 months of waiting, happy to say that my NX is build in progress stage despite the current situation. The dealer given an estimated date on 27th May. Two more month to go....

Screenshot_20220322-064358_Lexus Link.jpg

Congrats. 

May I know the progress of of each stage was being updated step by step?

or it was one-shot to get update from order in progress to in transit?

On 3/19/2022 at 6:21 PM, NiCoRe said:

Sit rep on the other side of the channel.

350 H ordered today delivery date : not earlier than Q4 2023 !

450 H+ delivery date is shorter (so to speak) : 11 to 12 months 

Manufacturing in Japan has been stopped accept NX450H+ factory order already, that mean the dealership just hold your £500 deposit and ask you to wait more than a year to get a car

5 minutes ago, EVANGELION said:

Manufacturing in Japan has been stopped accept NX450H+ factory order already, that mean the dealership just hold your £500 deposit and ask you to wait more than a year to get a car

What’s your point.  The owners have no alternative because global car production is in the same boat.  That earthquake and chip shortages effect every car, tv and washing machine.  Furthermore, you don’t know how long each car will take, they’re all different.  Some people want to jump on the BBC doom wagon.   It’s old news, we know about it.  

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, ZackLuk said:

Congrats. 

May I know the progress of of each stage was being updated step by step?

or it was one-shot to get update from order in progress to in transit?

Thank you. 

There is just one step for the build. When it is finished, it will just say left the factory. 

39 minutes ago, EVANGELION said:

Not the same in France, Dealer has to state a "no later than" date on the contract.
If he fails, he has to give back the deposit and should he drag his feet, he will have to give you back  between 10 to 50% more than your initial deposit.

On 3/22/2022 at 12:15 PM, Don C said:

What’s your point.  The owners have no alternative because global car production is in the same boat.  That earthquake and chip shortages effect every car, tv and washing machine.  Furthermore, you don’t know how long each car will take, they’re all different.  Some people want to jump on the BBC doom wagon.   It’s old news, we know about it.  

I guess the point is that £500 of 20,000 customer orders is 10 Million pounds in the bank for Lexus. While customers are stuck with the delivery dates being postponed endlessly while manufacturers are using that bandwagon to even push up the prices. While the global issues is real, manufacturers do not have to take orders, give dates that they have no intention of fulfilling and leave customers stranded. It is easier to defend the manufacturers when your car is on your driveway, much less for those who are in limbo on when or whether that order will ever arrive. Mind you for those with part exchange, the value of the cars have also taken a hit, so you can't just ask for your deposit and leave after 5 months. As you will leave shortfall, so you are effectively held bound to that order. Not pointing a finger at no one but laying it out just as it.

21 minutes ago, Starlight said:

I guess the point is that £500 of 20,000 customer orders is 10 Million pounds in the bank for Lexus. While customers are stuck with the delivery dates being postponed endlessly while manufacturers are using that bandwagon to even push up the prices. While the global issues is real, manufacturers do not have to take orders, give dates that they have no intention of fulfilling and leave customers stranded. It is easier to defend the manufacturers when your car is on your driveway, much less for those who are in limbo on when or whether that order will ever arrive. Mind you for those with part exchange, the value of the cars have also taken a hit, so you can't just ask for your deposit and leave after 5 months. As you will leave shortfall, so you are effectively held bound to that order. Not pointing a finger at no one but laying it out just as it.

Therefore, the point is, it is frustrating for those waiting for their orders and so if have received yours, count yourself lucky.

Lucky me took delivery yesterday and very happy, still working my way through the manual but cannot find how to stop the tail gate to stop at a certain level, before it hits the garage door when inside, anyone knows? Cheers! 

20220325_105252.jpg

20220325_131050.jpg

20220325_131106.jpg

20220325_131122.jpg

• Like 8

1 minute ago, Pm4 said:

Lucky me took delivery yesterday and very happy, still working my way through the manual but cannot find how to stop the tail gate to stop at a certain level, before it hits the garage door when inside, anyone knows? Cheers! 

20220325_105252.jpg

20220325_131050.jpg

20220325_131106.jpg

20220325_131122.jpg

Congrats, look stunning. One more reason to hang on there for others waiting.

• Like 1

I have had my order placed since 12th February for my NX350h Takumi with expected delivery early October 2022, but today I popped into my Lexus dealer and have amended my order, changing from "Black and Rich Cream" to "Hazel" interior. Still have the same Order ID on the order form, but now the Lexus Link app won't log me in!

I am hoping that it will not cause me to lose my build slot resulting in a delayed delivery. 

4 hours ago, Pm4 said:

20220325_105252.jpg

20220325_131050.jpg

20220325_131106.jpg

20220325_131122.jpg

Hope the big bow wasn't too distracting on the way home! 😜

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Starlight said:

I think that's quite harsh as Lexus appear to be the ones who are able to build cars with complete functionality when others can't, and with better lead times to.  

The most recent delays caused by war and earthquake are a little out of anyone's hands so not sure what else could be done. 

If the grass was greener elsewhere then I could understand the criticism, but it really isn't so struggling to understand your level of expectation.

We have the right to cancel at any point so that £10m is not recognised revenue yet and so means nothing. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Pm4 said:

20220325_105252.jpg

20220325_131050.jpg

20220325_131106.jpg

20220325_131122.jpg

Congratulations.  Looking very good.

35 minutes ago, Caspa said:

I think that's quite harsh as Lexus appear to be the ones who are able to build cars with complete functionality when others can't, and with better lead times to.  

The most recent delays caused by war and earthquake are a little out of anyone's hands so not sure what else could be done. 

If the grass was greener elsewhere then I could understand the criticism, but it really isn't so struggling to understand your level of expectation.

We have the right to cancel at any point so that £10m is not recognised revenue yet and so means nothing. 

Not sure where you got the point of full functionality from. To start with, the NX, I reserved last year lost a load of functions to the one being delivered this year. Global issues affect all manufacturers and that is not the point, if you read the statement properly. Some manufacturers are better upfront, I have been around before going for lexus. Some have stock tools where you can reserve stock builds and have it delivered quicker, chips, war or earthquakes included but if you want bespoke build with all features, you get to wait. Lexus in North America also offer that. 

The rest of your argument about right to cancel and unrecognized revenue seems quite naive in business terms. There is nothing called unrecognized revenue when the cash is sitting in your bank. I am not sure you have any idea of the power of capital flows in business. You may want to pose that comments to companies who crowdfund resources of the value of £10 million pounds in 6 months or finance accountants who struggle with cash flow issues.

The arguments often blames the customer but if you don't like the criticism, then don't take the order and if you take the order and give an expected handover date, focus on that. 

1 hour ago, Caspa said:

Hope the big bow wasn't too distracting on the way home! 😜

Just a bit, luckily it was on the passenger side! 🤔👍🤥

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Starlight said:

Not sure where 20000 orders come from but it doesn’t matter whether it’s a new car, new house or new kitchen, if you’re having it made to order, you’re going to have to stump up a deposit and that doesn’t matter if they can give you an expected delivery date or not.  Lexus or any other manufacturer are sticking their neck out for hundreds of millions until the customer pays for what they’re building.  As for my being smug because mines arrived, I planned mine to lose the least on mine by selling it when it’s value was high and bought a Yaris in the interim on which I made a profit and there’s nothing to stop anybody doing the same thing.  Every single person that put their deposit on a new NX, knew the risk at the time of ordering and any of them can get a full refund if they fancy their chances with another high spec brand. If Lexus have already started building they stand to lose far more than £500.  Nobody is held at gunpoint.  

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Don C said:

Not sure where 20000 orders come from but it doesn’t matter whether it’s a new car, new house or new kitchen, if you’re having it made to order, you’re going to have to stump up a deposit and that doesn’t matter if they can give you an expected delivery date or not.  Lexus or any other manufacturer are sticking their neck out for hundreds of millions until the customer pays for what they’re building.  As for my being smug because mines arrived, I planned mine to lose the least on mine by selling it when it’s value was high and bought a Yaris in the interim on which I made a profit and there’s nothing to stop anybody doing the same thing.  Every single person that put their deposit on a new NX, knew the risk at the time of ordering and any of them can get a full refund if they fancy their chances with another high spec brand. If Lexus have already started building they stand to lose far more than £500.  Nobody is held at gunpoint.  

Agreed to an extent. The risks and financial consequences of sticking their neck out is less when dealers have new builds parked on their lots while hunting for customers compared to now when every build slots have hundreds of customers on the waiting list. For every cancelled order, there are hu dress of others in line waiting to snap them up. It suits the manufacturers but a pain the neck for customers. I am a customer not a dealer. Despite your sound investment strategy on your Yaris, you would probably not make a penny if the circumstances were different. For some customers who place an order, there are other factors in play. Each person's circumstance is different. 

7 hours ago, Pm4 said:

Here's the extract from the manual which shows how to do this:-

1777615688_Screenshot_20220326-203255_SamsungNotes.thumb.png.d1d12f59b0b16ca5a83c1e4a255e07af.png

Hope this helps. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Starlight said:

Agreed to an extent. The risks and financial consequences of sticking their neck out is less when dealers have new builds parked on their lots while hunting for customers compared to now when every build slots have hundreds of customers on the waiting list. For every cancelled order, there are hu dress of others in line waiting to snap them up. It suits the manufacturers but a pain the neck for customers. I am a customer not a dealer. Despite your sound investment strategy on your Yaris, you would probably not make a penny if the circumstances were different. For some customers who place an order, there are other factors in play. Each person's circumstance is different. 

If circumstances were different, you’d wait a week while your car came off stock at Portbury or Burnaston.  

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links