Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

NX 2022 delivery date

Maybe Takumi spec cars are taking a little longer due to component delays on the additional gizmos.

IIRC there has been some speculation on this previously but could have been on the UX threads

@GTI Fingers crossed for some good news shortly 🤞

On 11/25/2022 at 8:05 PM, Starlight said:

So based on the above calculations, anybody saying this is an underwriters call must be really uninformed. Sneaky at best, ridiculous and petty at worst. I understand that only orders placed last year is affected, so 121 cars or less, if I remember correctly.

On 11/28/2022 at 8:16 PM, RXtoNX said:

Would be interesting to see if the difference in timescales is model/spec related 🤔

Hi Everyone,

I'd placed an order for my 350H Takumi End of 22 Feb and was told delivery would be Jan or Feb 23, but got an e-mail today (which I have to chase them up for updates) saying their Data Base is now showing April 23, that can't be right can it!!! this couldn't be an deliberate attempt for me to cancel the order and give the car to someone else, it's still showing Order being Processed after 9 months, I've being waiting patiently but now I don't know.

19 minutes ago, S Dhuper said:

Hi Everyone,

I'd placed an order for my 350H Takumi End of 22 Feb and was told delivery would be Jan or Feb 23, but got an e-mail today (which I have to chase them up for updates) saying their Data Base is now showing April 23, that can't be right can it!!! this couldn't be an deliberate attempt for me to cancel the order and give the car to someone else, it's still showing Order being Processed after 9 months, I've being waiting patiently but now I don't know.

Well, I ordered end of January 2022 and I've been told January 2023 - in fact the car has just been built so that date is fairly firm now I believe.  That's 12 months, yours would be 14 months, so not out of the ballpark - especially if it's true that Takumis are taking longer because of the extra bells and whistles.

I ordered through a lease company who told me that they would no longer give estimated delivery dates until a build date was confirmed because the dates changed so much without a confirmed build date.  Whilst waiting, I have had estimated dates of August '22, September '22, January '23, April '23, October '23 (!), February '23 and now a seemingly firm January '23, so take any dates with a pinch of salt!

I ordered my 350h takumi on the 12th of February and I have been given an estimated date of May 2023 and it is still showing order in progress on the app

3 hours ago, imgo said:

I ordered my 350h takumi on the 12th of February and I have been given an estimated date of May 2023 and it is still showing order in progress on the app

I think we all Tukami owners to be should meet up and drown our sorrows 😂😂

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Simon F said:

Better host it somewhere you can get to by public transport 🤪

That could be a problem with all the buses and tubes on strike every other day, we could have a pint or two at our homes and do a Video Conferencing 😂😂

• Like 1

7 hours ago, S Dhuper said:

Hi Everyone,

Don’t be surprised it’s going to be pushed back further to May or June 23 - I ordered 350h f sport takumi pack back end of Oct 21 and I still have no built date. Spoke to Lexus CS last week and was told there were probably just a handful (?less than 5) 21 orders that were still not built. Probably due to spec according to the chap but who knows. Was told Lexus had an internal memo saying they should build all the 2021 orders next month but no guarantee obviously. If so I won’t get mine until Feb 23…

9 hours ago, ApePat said:

Don’t be surprised it’s going to be pushed back further to May or June 23 - I ordered 350h f sport takumi pack back end of Oct 21 and I still have no built date. Spoke to Lexus CS last week and was told there were probably just a handful (?less than 5) 21 orders that were still not built. Probably due to spec according to the chap but who knows. Was told Lexus had an internal memo saying they should build all the 2021 orders next month but no guarantee obviously. If so I won’t get mine until Feb 23…

Surely it can't take them that long to build the cars, especially with lexus building the cars in Canada 

2 hours ago, S Dhuper said:

That's exactly what I mean, it's not as if Japan is supplying the whole world it's just us in Europe I guess 

Japan is building both RHD  and LHD models world wide where as IMO Canada is only LHD which I assume is predominently for the the North American Market.   Worryingly I have seen a few references to the quality levels for finished vehicles coming out of TMMC Cambridge, Canada still being behind the Japan built models.  One example is shown at time stamp 3:14 in the video below. 

Those NX rear seat backs are a disgrace.  Personally I put up with a delay and wait for a Japanese build on this evidence alone. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, S Dhuper said:

That's exactly what I mean, it's not as if Japan is supplying the whole world it's just us in Europe I guess 

And Japan and Australia etc I would guess.

But you're right, an extra factory ought to help everybody.

Good evening, everybody. I am sure it has been discussed here, however I couldn't find it hence my question - what is the average timeframe between the car being built and delivery/pickup date?

My order has been already postponed once with 5 months. I was told to expect pick up around mid of Feb 2023, however nothing is showed on my Lexus app ( only order accepted and this is it ),and I am getting annoyed again that this will not be feasible for Feb 2023. I sent an email to Lexus Gatwick anyway for more clearance regarding this, but so far it is getting ridiculous as it will be 12 months if no further delays.

TIA

2 hours ago, mitadoc said:

Good evening, everybody. I am sure it has been discussed here, however I couldn't find it hence my question - what is the average timeframe between the car being built and delivery/pickup date?

My order has been already postponed once with 5 months. I was told to expect pick up around mid of Feb 2023, however nothing is showed on my Lexus app ( only order accepted and this is it ),and I am getting annoyed again that this will not be feasible for Feb 2023. I sent an email to Lexus Gatwick anyway for more clearance regarding this, but so far it is getting ridiculous as it will be 12 months if no further delays.

TIA

My post on 11th October and several others around this date.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, mitadoc said:

TIA

For me it was approximately 2 months from "being built" to collection.....

• A few days in the build stage
  • 4 weeks in transit from Japan
  • 4 weeks at Toyota's centre in Derby
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Andy B said:

Thank you a lot. Fingers crossed for good news then.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, mitadoc said:

Thank you. So it looks like I can still fit in Feb 2023 . Who knows.

At the start of last week my dealer updated me and advised the Estimated Build Date had been changed to Dec (was November) and the new ETA at the dealership was shown as Feb 2023 (Was Jan).  I am still waiting for confirmation that the Car has gone into Build.    My order was placed May 15th 2022,  NX450H+ F-Sport Premium Plus.

Assuming the build will happen this month and the ETA of Feb 2023 is accurate I will ask the Dealership to delay registration till March and wait for the 23 plate.  After 10 months, an extra few weeks to grab the new plate will not make any difference and give me 6months of spring and summer driving to enjoy the car more.

• Like 2

Anyone else having difficulty logging into the Lexus Link app or website? I can't log in, and when I clicked on 'forgot password' it said that my email wasn't registered!!

9 hours ago, Andy B said:

Ordered through a lease company so can't track it unfortunately, but I was told my car was being built on the 10th November, although it could have started being built a bit earlier, so fingers crossed for an early/mid January delivery.

😃

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links