Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Direction of travel

Phil xxkr

Just now, Linas.P said:

In UK case there are still living first hand survivors... since 1952-1963... so it is hard to believe it was simply forgotten or not relevant today.. 

Who did we massacre between 52 and 63 ? 

24 minutes ago, doog442 said:

Is it British bashing Sunday per chance  :biggrin:

Do I bookmark it ? 

Las Palmas in "Spain" I guess. What do they teach their pupils in an Island off the coast of Africa. 

Do not know. Never was in school here.

1 minute ago, Las Palmas said:

Do not know. Never was in school here.

I just thought it was odd you were lecturing on the ills of the British Empire whilst living in and paying taxes to a country who wiped the local indigenous population out. 

4 minutes ago, doog442 said:

I just thought it was odd you were lecturing on the ills of the British Empire whilst living in and paying taxes to a country who wiped the local indigenous population out. 

Retired. Great climate. Living here is cheaper than many other places. Hope price of electricity go down again.

You did not see what I said about Incas?

56 minutes ago, Las Palmas said:

Well done Linas.

Of course that is not what UK schools teach their pupils.

Not that other nations have not done bad things, but the British have great ability to totally ignore that they have ever done anything that was not good for the world.

That is a point of view John with which not everyone subscribes. We all have our views and opinions for many reasons.The civilised approach amongst friends and those who wish to be friends is that " we must agree to disagree".

Many diverse views/opinions/thoughts have been expressed within this Thread of Phil`s and it would be really nice if we could all meet and share our glass of friendship.

Alas not possible, I fear. Sleep well.👍👍👍

15 minutes ago, doog442 said:

Who did we massacre between 52 and 63 ? 

Most likely making reference to:

Mau Mau uprising - 52 onwards

Suez - 56

Brunei - 62.

Massacre is of course a subjective word. Feelings on some of these run hot.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Moleman said:

Hydropower is still the mainstay of the Norwegian electricity system. At the beginning of 2021, there were 1 681 hydropower plants in Norway, with a combined installed capasity of 33 055 MW. In a normal year, the Norwegian hydropower plants produce 136.4 TWh, which is 90 % of Norways total power production. At the beginning of 2021 a further 2.3 TWh was under construction.

Hey Maurice, who won the FA Cup in 1960 ?😉😉

3 minutes ago, Las Palmas said:

Retired. Great climate. Living here is cheaper than many other places. Hope price of electricity go down again.

You did not see what I said about Incas?

Apologies will look back on the thread. Is it worth a visit? 

I think we all have a cross to bear as nations in our dim and distant past. Are electric prices high over there as well, I must admit I've avoided meter readings for the last 6 months. 

1 minute ago, doog442 said:

I think we all have a cross to bear as nations in our dim and distant past. Are electric prices high over there as well, I must admit I've avoided meter readings for the last 6 months. 

I was in Dorset last weekend Doog and it was not warm enough to leave the Heating off.

You must have been in  warmer climes ?

1 minute ago, Moleman said:

Is there a MANUAL I could look up.🤣

Very clever Maurice (and smart too)

Try the Google Manual.👍

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Moleman said:

Most likely making reference to:

Mau Mau uprising - 52 onwards

Suez - 56

Brunei - 62.

Massacre is of course a subjective word. Feelings on some of these run hot.

Both my parents were in Suez. Any loss of life has to be regrettable I think we all agree but Its a long reach from 'wiping out civilisations' to these incidents. Lets be honest there have been more so called civilian deaths attributed to the British army in NI since then ...can we expect a lecture when Linas reaches that page in the history book ?  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, doog442 said:

Monthly now like yearly 2 years ago. No, just said that story of Incas is told by those that destroyed them.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

I was in Dorset last weekend Doog and it was not warm enough to leave the Heating off.

You must have been in  warmer climes ?

I've seriously avoided meter readings John, I'm not saying the heating hasn't been on, I'm just putting off that massive increase in the direct debit. I think we all have it coming unfortunately.  I'm with Octopus and they don't take prisoners :wink3: 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Moleman said:

The Chinese, he who holds the debts controls the Governments and if you hold enough across the world; you then start to control what happens in the world.

well I have a very simple view on this concept ..........  like now with the potential Russian Oligarchs wealth spread throughout the UK .........  weaving and potentially hidden somewhere they think is untouchable ...  well, it's really ever so simple methinks ....  the Govt of the day can just arbitrarily CONFISCATE it .....  simple as that ..  you don't need laws and rules to protect the nation from infidels and super crooks and thieves on this scale ..  including the " buying up of debt " of sad nations ...  just confiscate the wealth and the assets and cancel the Govt debt .  and let the Userers go to hell for ever and a day ......... and then history will show what brave and sensible actions the Govt took to deal with the total arrogance and impudence of these " Chinese type " Govts and businesses and Oligarch thoughts that it is them and them alone that can control other peoples destinies and their nations 

SIMPLY strip them of their wealth and hidden assets by finding it studiously and if in other legitimate businesses  the Govt take control of those underlying  assets ..........  very simple to my mind tbh

Malc

10 hours ago, doog442 said:

I've seriously avoided meter readings

can't see the point reading them unless you're terribly unfortunate to have to worry about the money side of it ...... and methinks most people here running a Lexus or more really don't have those dreadful money worries that so many in our society have right now

No point getting worried about something if you cannot do anything about it and it's going to arrive anyway ( the bill ) and you're just going to be able to pay it whatever else you decide not to do

So guys, chill out and keep warm 

Malc

My bad Moleman. I actually meant Norway. Think I got the 30x bit wrong too. But from what was said on Fifth Gear Recharge their hydro power station that was visited was effin Huge. 6 or more generators of which one was enough to power the whole country. 

To those who are slagging off what this country of our did many many generations ago go find another country to live in. I wouldn't dream of slagging of a country I was in. Jeez there's some A holes about.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Malc said:

well I have a very simple view on this concept ..........  like now with the potential Russian Oligarchs wealth spread throughout the UK .........  weaving and potentially hidden somewhere they think is untouchable ...  well, it's really ever so simple methinks ....  the Govt of the day can just arbitrarily CONFISCATE it .....  simple as that ..  you don't need laws and rules to protect the nation from infidels and super crooks and thieves on this scale ..  including the " buying up of debt " of sad nations ...  just confiscate the wealth and the assets and cancel the Govt debt .  and let the Userers go to hell for ever and a day ......... and then history will show what brave and sensible actions the Govt took to deal with the total arrogance and impudence of these " Chinese type " Govts and businesses and Oligarch thoughts that it is them and them alone that can control other peoples destinies and their nations 

SIMPLY strip them of their wealth and hidden assets by finding it studiously and if in other legitimate businesses  the Govt take control of those underlying  assets ..........  very simple to my mind tbh

Malc

Hope you aren't applying for the post open in the Diplomatic Corps. 😂

17 minutes ago, Mr Vlad said:

My bad Moleman. I actually meant Norway. Think I got the 30x bit wrong too. But from what was said on Fifth Gear Recharge their hydro power station that was visited was effin Huge. 6 or more generators of which one was enough to power the whole country. 

To those who are slagging off what this country of our did many many generations ago go find another country to live in. I wouldn't dream of slagging of a country I was in. Jeez there's some A holes about.

Yes Vlad, for example, complaining we ONLY lost 400,000 people in WW2 conveniently forgets that's about what we had left after, 20 years earlier, losing 1.2 MILLION in WW1

• Like 1

Military Police  .  no thank you ..  Member of Parliament and in the Cabinet, well no not really unless there's a drinks cabinet involved and only then if I can get some Oligarchial individual to attend some party or other, be doused in 150% proof vodka and given prime position at the bonfire of the vanities taking place sometime soon ......

I'm just a little stressed out at these Oligumdrop Garcis getting away with " blue murder " at the expense of normal people .....  isn't dear old Putin now about the 9th richest person in the world ....  clearly got there by some good means and clever brain power in an oh so innocent fortuitous manner no doubt ............:yahoo:

Maybe a good dose of old fashioned communism would do them all a power of good .......  isn't it meant to be equality or summat the communist rhetoric !

I don't know, where's me 'orlicks :wink3:

Malc

• Haha 1

As expected, this is in the news this morning…inevitable really, and probably the only solution to maintain revenue lost.

https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/108123/uk-road-pricing-plans-gps-tracking-and-pay-you-go-could-replace-fuel-duty-and-ved

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links