Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

GS450h Premier vs F-Sport Suspension

Anevb

Hi all. I am looking to buy a GS450h mk4. Looking at the different trim levels, both the Premier and F Sport come with an adaptive suspension (AVS). So my question is: is the suspension on the F Sport harsher than the Premier or they are exactly the same?

I prefer the looks of FSport but comfort is higher priority for me than looks. 

The AVS is the same, and the F-Sport should be quite comfortable in Normal mode, but the 19" wheel/tyres will give you a harsher ride compared to the 18" wheels on the Premier.

I'm also looking at GS450h Mk4, but preferring the Premier: Mark Levinson and premium navi as standard, HUD, powered boot lid, more adjustable passenger seat, rear heated seats, sun shades.

Good point about the 19" wheels. I didn't think about this.

Does HUD and power boot come as standard on the Premier? I don't think I've seen a car with HUD on Autotrader.

Never had the premier. Did own the f-sport model for a year or so. Great car. Was more comfortable than my nx which i still own. 

so i i think it is down to your personal preference as to what constitutes a good enough ride and what you are comparing with.

barry

25 minutes ago, Anevb said:

Good point about the 19" wheels. I didn't think about this.

Does HUD and power boot come as standard on the Premier? I don't think I've seen a car with HUD on Autotrader.

According to Lexus brochures, yes, HUD and power boot are standard. Worse still, they are not even an option with other trims...if I get to the point of actually buying a GS, my vanity will want those features.

Lexus_GS_e-brochure.pdf

• Thanks 1

F Sport is firmer. They both have AVS but the F Sport has different shocks, geometry and harder/larger bushes on the rear, and the 19" wheels with lower profile tyres have less give. The F Sport drives/handles better too with the variable steering ratio and rear wheel steering.

Power boot (and rear blind) is standard on the Premier. HUD is standard too but it was only provided on the facelift models (2016 onwards).

It sounds like the combination of more standard equipment and softer suspension will push me towards the Premier.  The F sport with those dark grey 19" wheels looks ace though...

• Like 1

20 hours ago, ColinBarber said:

F Sport is firmer. They both have AVS but the F Sport has different shocks, geometry and harder/larger bushes on the rear, and the 19" wheels with lower profile tyres have less give. The F Sport drives/handles better too with the variable steering ratio and rear wheel steering.

Power boot (and rear blind) is standard on the Premier. HUD is standard too but it was only provided on the facelift models (2016 onwards).

The HUD was actually standard on the 450h Premier from 2014 onwards when the range had a mild facelift.

1 hour ago, Shahpor said:

The HUD was actually standard on the 450h Premier from 2014 onwards when the range had a mild facelift.

Thanks, I knew it was didn't have it on release and was added at one of the updates, but seems not the main one 👍

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 2/24/2022 at 5:07 PM, Shahpor said:

Hi

Do You now what exactly was included in this "small facelift" ? 

Thanks😄

Hi Artur,

The only ones that I can remember are the HUD, a leather surround for the gearstick and different wheels.

There probably are other tweaks, so perhaps someone else on here can shed some light?

F sport definitely has firmer suspension even in normal mode although still comfortable compared to the Germans and will be more comfortable (and a much better drive) in every way than NX/RX save for space/boot flexibility. 

If you prefer comfort drive 80% of the time then I would go for the Premier which you can switch to Sport/plus and enjoy the other 20% of time, as opposed to living with a permanently slightly firmer suspension all the time which you may regret after some time.  

On 5/22/2022 at 11:10 PM, SSUR said:

If you prefer comfort drive 80% of the time then I would go for the Premier which you can switch to Sport/plus and enjoy the other 20% of time, as opposed to living with a permanently slightly firmer suspension all the time which you may regret after some time.  

My thinking was exactly the same so I chose the Premier and don't regret it at all. I rarely put the S+ because the suspension becomes a little too stiff for me. Although the change in damping from Normal to S+ mode is not significant, it is enough for me to notice the difference.

On 5/21/2022 at 10:55 AM, Shahpor said:

Hi Artur,

The only ones that I can remember are the HUD, a leather surround for the gearstick and different wheels.

There probably are other tweaks, so perhaps someone else on here can shed some light?

Hi Shahpor

Thanks😄

I've found also: 

Head up display in colour since 2015

Sunroof is not in every premier 

Electrochromic door mirrors

My car has 265 35Z R19 98Y for the rear and 235 40Z R19 96Y for the front as per OEM.

I had a new set of Continental Sport Contact 7 recreantly fitted I had Falken before & find the ride a lot better now although.

My previous car the GS3 had 18" & the F Sport ride & feel is lot better than that.

The F Sport is the only "sport" model I've ever owned, I like the look at the front more than the Premier models & don't miss not having front fogs as I'm not a wanna be rally driver.

My GS3 had a sunroof & GS4 not so been quite tall I don't miss it.

DSC_0533.JPG

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links