Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Repairs to Mark Levinson audio in LS600hL

Hi

Does anyone know of a reputable firm to repair the amplifier 86280-OW710. The display still works but no audio, no sat nav guidance and no Bluetooth.

Tried as many ML agents I could find on google, most were domestic systems only, or could/would not work on the -OW710?

Lexus dealer reckoned it could take 5-6 hours at their top hourly rate. Apparently not included in "Relax" warranty even though I was advised it was same as a new car warranty?

Any help would be appreciated, I can remove the amplifier and post.

51 minutes ago, David W Jones said:

Apparently not included in "Relax" warranty even though I was advised it was same as a new car warranty?

The Relax warranty specifically excludes the multimedia head unit, which is something I find both annoying and upsetting when compared with the 'proper' extended warranty that used to be available.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Herbie said:

The Relax warranty specifically excludes the multimedia head unit, which is something I find both annoying and upsetting when compared with the 'proper' extended warranty that used to be available.

It is not necessarily a RELAX problem, old pal. I await David`s response to my question.

• Like 1

Hi John

Thanks for your comments, I bought the car  about 18months ago from a Lexus dealer with a 12 month warranty. Car was due a service just before 10years old and qualified for "Relax" which at face value seemed good.

Hi Herbs

Relax excludes all multimedia not just the head unit. I agree it is annoying that Relax is not a "proper" warranty.

Hi Mark

Thanks for your advice

28 minutes ago, David W Jones said:

Hi John

Thanks for your comments, I bought the car  about 18months ago from a Lexus dealer with a 12 month warranty. Car was due a service just before 10years old and qualified for "Relax" which at face value seemed good.

Hi Herbs

Relax excludes all multimedia not just the head unit. I agree it is annoying that Relax is not a "proper" warranty.

Hi Mark

Thanks for your advice

Thanks David. It is sad to note that the Dealer was obliged to have fixed the problem at his cost had he been informed within 6 months of your purchase.

Still,, onwards and upwards, as they say.

5 minutes ago, David W Jones said:

Hi John

Audio was working fine up until recently.

I appreciate that David, thanks.

It does irritate me however that many motorists are not aware of their Statutory Rights and many many car dealers go out of their way to try to ensure that motorists never find out what they are.😢😢😢

TBH to stick an expensive piece of electron equipment in the boot of a car the most unfriendly environment to do so is beyond belief, why when earlier models had them within the passenger cabin either behind the dash or under the seat?

An “upmarket” audio company that refers any problems with their own equipment fitted in Lexus car to the “Lexus dealer” It is Mark Levinson not Lexus that designed and manufactured these amplifiers and as the manufacturer Levinson should accept full responsibility for defects not simply “pass the buck”

If that is the case why is the equipment not branded as Lexus.

Bose for example offer a fixed cost repair service for their equipment beyond the warranty period, as do Sonus I believe.

I can only assume that both companies have a financial agreement in regards to this policy.

Consumer rights state that goods must last a reasonable length of time and to be fair 11 years would be considered more than reasonable but £2-3000 for the only option of a replacement by Lexus is not.

Another consideration is obtaining spare parts, do we have a situation here where the manufacturer refuses to supply parts to third party repairers explaining the apparent lack of repairers?

Unfortunately the days of repairing equipment have long gone with today’s just replace it attitude it becomes yet another item for the WEEE skip and the subsequent environmental issues it then poses.

• Like 1

Thanks to Exdee, Las Palmas, Spock66 and steve2006 for your responses, much appreciated.

I will follow up on your suggestions and let you know.

I agree with steve2006 that the location of the amplifier does not make sense, it would be easily damaged in a rear/side bump and would probably double repair costs.

The poor support for Mark Levinson equipment is very disappointing, the agents will only repair certain models?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links