Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I Want A Lexus, Help!

:duh: hiya folks!!!

i am after a lexus!!! dont know if its best to go to a proper dealer or what, got a bmw to trade in or sell, seen couple lexus's in different garages but not with dealers, i would like a is200sport with low mileage if possible but cant go over 16000, any advice??? cheers, mandy :hehe:

lexus dealer will offer it with a lexus backed warranty

dealer will offer it with a warranty, not worth much more than the bit of paper its written on

obviously the lexus dealer will be more expensive, but you pay for what you get

lexus also have a database of cars throughout the uk, and can source them for you

:)

and welcome mandy, let us all know how you get on

Snap, I had the same issue, in the end I took a very big plunge and bought one on the back of some photos from Lexus Endinburgh, you can read the story in dealer reviews down at the bottom of the forum,

I bought mine without seeing it from a Lexus dealer.

I nearly cried when I first saw it as it looked like a wreck and had a bump etc and it was filthy (it had literally just arrived there before they did the presales work on it). Take a look in my garage to see what it turned out like (it didn't look anywhere near this good before the Megiuars treatment so I'd recommend that as one of the first things to do when you get yours if you get a dark one!)

The only bad things are a few scuffs on the bumper and the back passenger door. The dealer tried to polish it out but didn't do a great job. The car ended up with a really weird rainbow effect when you caught it in the wrong light but the Megiuars got rid of that. The car was quite cheap and they had a few people waiting to see it so I just banged the deposit down as it was what I wanted (and they gave me a great trade in price for my Megane - it was coming up to the end of the month and I think that they were either short of the sales targets or wanted to beat a record that month as they asked me to complete the paperwork etc before I took delivery of the car). They were great - the guy who I bought mine off has left now but was a top guy - very helpful indeed (unlike one of the *****'s I dealt with at one point afterwards :angry: )

Good luck getting yours sorted, there are a lot of nice ones out there!

And a tip for when you get one - join gold here and you'll save money on all your future work.

My advise would be to keep looking, contact a couple of dealers like Edinburgh and Leicester all part of bigger groups and get them looking for you, I too new what colour and mileage I wanted and just waited until one cropped up

Just never tell a main dealer how much you have to pay because thats how much the car will be that they source it for you ,always give them a lower figure .notice you are in the south east have you tried lexus tonbridge and canterbury as they have always given me first class service

i bought mine from a dealer in cheshire,not main dealer,i saved around 3 grand at least,lexus edinburgh will look after ye though,but remember all main dealers have at least 2 grand profit on there lex,there are a lot of nice cars for sale out there private,take your time mandy i did. :winky:

and WELCOME. :)

Personal opinion, go private and pay £200/£250 for the AA/RAC to do a full comprehensive check. In my opinion worth more than any warranty and will save you about £2 grand going to a garage. My last two cars i paid for a comprehensive check and got my cash back and more by pointing out to the sellers things that had been picked up.

but remember all main dealers have at least 2 grand profit on there lex

If only that were true Besty............

On average, I spend more on reconditioning my used cars than I actually make in profit......

Its not that the cars need a great deal of mechanical work or have anything wrong with them but just putting all the general wear and tear stuff right after one of you guys have put 30k on the clock is not cheap!!

My average recon bill is running just under £1,000 per car and there is no VAT there!

If you buy privately, you would need to spend that yourself and then end up with no warranty...........

I am not touting here, I just wanted to put one the motor trade myths to bed..

Good luck with the search for your new car mandymarty

Maybe I'll get my next car north of the border then because the difference between trade-in and forecourt prices where I am is around £4 or £5k. £1k to recondition the car, another £1k to lower the price after a month or two if no sale and another £500 to knock off with no part ex. That still gives the dealer £1.5 - £2.5k

On average, I spend more on reconditioning my used cars than I actually make in profit......

I can well believe it ...

Every IS through the door with more than 2 miles needs a partial respray for starters.

Now if they didn't sling them together so poorly in the first place :angry:

Such a shame the product isn't worthy of some of the more friendly dealers :crybaby:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links