Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content


Another "Light Refresh"


wecpc
 Share

Recommended Posts

I have been looking online and it appears that there is going to be a “light refresh” to the ES and a couple of other models to the MY23 specification in the Fall, which I take that to be August/September time. According to the article the remote touch will disappear with a possible brand-new Lexus Interface multimedia system and the removal of the cd player and analogue clock. If this is the case, I have asked my dealer how will it affect my MY22 build with the MY23 build imminent and how will that affect my existing order price, now due in October, bearing in mind I am getting very close to the Luxury car tax bracket at first registration.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Hi

Do you have a link that highlights these changes? Isit worldwide or UK specific?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, wecpc said:

I have been looking online and it appears that there is going to be a “light refresh” to the ES and a couple of other models to the MY23 specification in the Fall, which I take that to be August/September time. According to the article the remote touch will disappear with a possible brand-new Lexus Interface multimedia system and the removal of the cd player and analogue clock. If this is the case, I have asked my dealer how will it affect my MY22 build with the MY23 build imminent and how will that affect my existing order price, now due in October, bearing in mind I am getting very close to the Luxury car tax bracket at first registration.

 

Depends really.

If theres a price change for the MY23 and you get a MY23 model they'll increase the cost of the vehicle as it wont be locked in. Its a similiar thing to what will be happening to the updated UX

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, wecpc said:

I have been looking online and it appears that there is going to be a “light refresh” to the ES and a couple of other models to the MY23 specification in the Fall, which I take that to be August/September time. According to the article the remote touch will disappear with a possible brand-new Lexus Interface multimedia system and the removal of the cd player and analogue clock. If this is the case, I have asked my dealer how will it affect my MY22 build with the MY23 build imminent and how will that affect my existing order price, now due in October, bearing in mind I am getting very close to the Luxury car tax bracket at first registration.

 

This is the reply back from my Lexus dealer:

I can confirm there is a MY23 model year ES coming out. I have checked this afternoon and due to the lack of semi-conductor chips your vehicle is now showing as what we call a non-covered order. This means there is not yet a build slot for the vehicle but because of this it will more than likely mean you will get the latest MY23 vehicle with the additional updates. I can assure you that this is affecting several of our customers, not just yourself, and I appreciate it is a frustrating situation. However, this is also a very fluid situation so it could come earlier than we are expecting but I will keep you up to date of course.

Regarding this, naturally there is a price change and increase. However, Lexus will price protect against any inflationary price increases since you placed your order therefore meaning you will be paying the price we quoted you and agreed when you ordered the vehicle.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


I don't suppose they gave any indication of what the "additional updates" might be?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Dippo said:

I don't suppose they gave any indication of what the "additional updates" might be?

If I was in a flippant mood, I'd say a connector for a taxi fare meter 🙂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Dippo said:

I don't suppose they gave any indication of what the "additional updates" might be?

No nothing was mentioned regarding the additional updates.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Getting rid of the CD player oh no, very bad news for people that are not immersed in 'smart' phones. No CD player and no spare wheel, what will be removed next....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Oh no what will some of do with our CD collection? 
Why bother with the ML system without the benefit of a top quality CD feeding its audiophile acoustics?

Link to comment
Share on other sites


7 hours ago, Cs150 said:

Getting rid of the CD player oh no, very bad news for people that are not immersed in 'smart' phones. No CD player and no spare wheel, what will be removed next....

Cd player ,analogue clock, touch pad , all reportedly being removed ,and we have a price increase on top too , doesn't really matter if you like,or even use the items , removing the said items saves lexus money , and yet we  pay extra for having less !! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am in a similar situation, ordered in Feb and latest email indicates an Oct delivery. Any info on the additional features would be very welcome.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, SSUR said:

Oh no what will some of do with our CD collection? 
Why bother with the ML system without the benefit of a top quality CD feeding its audiophile acoustics?

My sentiments exactly as I was looking forward to having a cd player again to listen to better quality music than highly compressed mp3 rubbish. My first Jaguar an XF 3.0D Portfolio had a 6 stack cd player in the dash but my later two XE's did not have a cd player option at all.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just had a bit of an update from my dealer regarding the MY23 changes,

it will have a  big multi-media upgrade which uses software from the new NX. The car will also have wireless apple carplay and the wireless phone charger moved into the centre console to name a few things. Not all bad news then with just things being taken away.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, wecpc said:

My sentiments exactly as I was looking forward to having a cd player again to listen to better quality music than highly compressed mp3 rubbish. My first Jaguar an XF 3.0D Portfolio had a 6 stack cd player in the dash but my later two XE's did not have a cd player option at all.

I too quite enjoy a cd and have also sat and watched Queen live dvd whilst waiting. I wouldn’t miss the touch pad but do like having the old school analogue clock.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, PaulD68 said:

Just had a bit of an update from my dealer regarding the MY23 changes,

it will have a  big multi-media upgrade which uses software from the new NX. The car will also have wireless Apple carplay and the wireless phone charger moved into the centre console to name a few things. Not all bad news then with just things being taken away.

Wireless CarPlay eats Battery life, so if you don’t have a wireless charging phone, you still have to plug it in on a longish  journey 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, wecpc said:

Regarding this, naturally there is a price change and increase. However, Lexus will price protect against any inflationary price increases since you placed your order therefore meaning you will be paying the price we quoted you and agreed when you ordered the vehicle.

I have unfortunately been told the opposite. That if my order falls into the MY23 model, I will be subject to the price increases as it is new specification.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My order doesn't specify a model year. The dealer has accepted an order for an ES Premier Edition at the price shown. That's going to be my starting point.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, PaulD68 said:

Just had a bit of an update from my dealer regarding the MY23 changes,

it will have a  big multi-media upgrade which uses software from the new NX. The car will also have wireless Apple carplay and the wireless phone charger moved into the centre console to name a few things. Not all bad news then with just things being taken away.

That sounds much better as the multi-media system always gets bad reviews compared to their German competitors and the wireless carplay and hopefully wireless android auto would be more than welcome also the wireless phone charger re-position would also be much better. This features alone may just be worth any extra charges affecting the luxury car tax.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Like many of you, i chose the Premium edition to avoid the luxury tax, i am becoming very concerned that my car (now due in Oct) will be the MY23 and therefore subject to the Luxury VED band-What are options, do we need to clarify this with our respective dealerships, or can we pool our resources and get a collective response on this through the forum?  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, george72 said:

Like many of you, i chose the Premium edition to avoid the luxury tax, i am becoming very concerned that my car (now due in Oct) will be the MY23 and therefore subject to the Luxury VED band-What are options, do we need to clarify this with our respective dealerships, or can we pool our resources and get a collective response on this through the forum?  

Options are that you can suck it up and just see how it goes or cancel the order.

I don't see any other solution to your concern.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The price you pay for the car will be that negotiated at the time you signed the order.

The VED you pay will be determined by the list price for that model incl all options in force at the time of first registration, not the negotiated price at signing. It's a UK gov thing that Lexus can do nothing about. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, EVANGELION said:

from one of the dealer  

 

The New MY23 ES Premium Edition is only a £45 increase 

That is certainly very good news, that means my order is still under the luxury tax threshold by £20 on the RRP and £245 under after deducting the VED of £170 and the Reg. fee of £55, making the List Price (PIID) of £39,755 used to calculate the tax.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share




×
×
  • Create New...




Forums


News


Membership