Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

27 minutes ago, Malc said:

yes so they say ......  just pull in and like petrol refuelling time ......... simple action . just swap the battery over for a recharged one ....  seems to be the common EV system in Norway I'm reading and embraced rather fully too  ..  just a few minutes effort to achieve another 500 miles of EV power :thumbsup:

So a bit like changing horses at the Coaching Inn 😉

• Haha 1

yes  ........but only 2 HP or maybe 4 or 6 with the Mail Coach .........  I'm presently running on a few more tho' with my 4ltr V8 ...........:wink3:

any idea what HP these EVs say they have ?

Malc

8 hours ago, rayaans said:

This is a decent video by Alex on Autos stepping up for Redline Reviews

I can see why people think that but last time I checked, you cant hold the interior screen to your ear or move it from pocket to hand. It is massively less distracting compared to a phone.

Less distracting? 🤔, from the Lexus newsroom;

"

An available 14-inch smartphone-like touchscreen allows for intuitive and simple interaction with the new system. The high-definition screen (without glare!) allows for easy-to-touch functionality, smart controls, and simple functionality. The system’s main menu is now on the left side and makes it all extremely easy to use. The system’s intuitive design approach makes storing favorite music stations a breeze. Just press the heart button and it’ll be added to your favorites list. Searching for a specific music genre? The menu will show drivers what stations play their favorites.

With Connected Services activated and the available Drive Connect Cloud Navigation, the crisp and clear map screen can be explored with zoom, pan and tilt functionality with intuitive touch control.

The cloud navigation includes Google Point-Of-Interest search capability, so navigating to a favorite destination has never been easier and you can also share your ETA with contacts in your phone book. Being Wi-Fi capable allows for system and navigation updates to be installed “over-the-air” so the vehicle will always be up to date. New roads constructed? OTA updates will allow the map to include those too. "

Really? 

6 hours ago, stepheneric said:

Is the new Rx450h fitted with Front/Rear Dash camera's?

If not why not?

I would sincerely hope not.

As it stands I have a choice of which camera(s) to fit and if they ever go faulty I can either replace like-for-like or take the opportunity to change brands, all at a reasonable cost. Imagine the cost of replacing a Lexus camera when it goes faulty, not to mention that you're stuck with lack of choice.

• Like 1

Interesting to see. I'm not 100% sure about the new front end, the grille has a softer ppearance without the chrome edging and I suspect it's quite colour-sensitive as to what looks best.

Unless there's a significant difference with interior space and/or boot capacity I'm struggling to see the advantage over the NX450h.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Phil xxkr said:

Less distracting? 🤔, from the Lexus newsroom;

"

An available 14-inch smartphone-like touchscreen allows for intuitive and simple interaction with the new system. The high-definition screen (without glare!) allows for easy-to-touch functionality, smart controls, and simple functionality. The system’s main menu is now on the left side and makes it all extremely easy to use. The system’s intuitive design approach makes storing favorite music stations a breeze. Just press the heart button and it’ll be added to your favorites list. Searching for a specific music genre? The menu will show drivers what stations play their favorites.

With Connected Services activated and the available Drive Connect Cloud Navigation, the crisp and clear map screen can be explored with zoom, pan and tilt functionality with intuitive touch control.

The cloud navigation includes Google Point-Of-Interest search capability, so navigating to a favorite destination has never been easier and you can also share your ETA with contacts in your phone book. Being Wi-Fi capable allows for system and navigation updates to be installed “over-the-air” so the vehicle will always be up to date. New roads constructed? OTA updates will allow the map to include those too. "

Really? 

Like I said, definitely less distracting. 

No more looking down at your balls, waving the phone about, letting it drop into the footwell etc

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Spottedlaurel said:

Interesting to see. I'm not 100% sure about the new front end, the grille has a softer ppearance without the chrome edging and I suspect it's quite colour-sensitive as to what looks best.

Unless there's a significant difference with interior space and/or boot capacity I'm struggling to see the advantage over the NX450h.

I think the 4th generation had a higher quality interior than the NX ( or at least that was my impression when viewing the vehicles) and along with the V6, that was difference enough. 

Now with same engine/same interior,  price difference has to be really small to justify its purchase. 

10 minutes ago, talaipwros said:

I think the 4th generation had a higher quality interior than the NX ( or at least that was my impression when viewing the vehicles) and along with the V6, that was difference enough. 

Now with same engine/same interior,  price difference has to be really small to justify its purchase. 

The quality of the door cards and dash will be better than the NX. More soft touch throughout in comparison. The RX has always been this way

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rayaans said:

Like I said, definitely less distracting. 

No more looking down at your balls, waving the phone about, letting it drop into the footwell etc

Well if you were unable to control your emotions to such an extent I can see why you would favour a big TV screen. Presumably it reminds you of your care home? 🤠

1 hour ago, stepheneric said:

You could say that about all originally fitted Lexus accessories

You could indeed, and many people often do. Sometimes it's unavoidable but that's not the case with dashcams so I stand by my point.

On 6/2/2022 at 12:14 PM, Phil xxkr said:

Well if you were unable to control your emotions to such an extent I can see why you would favour a big TV screen. Presumably it reminds you of your care home? 🤠

I mean, you're probably closer to a care home than I am if you find it more distracting to use a fixed touch screen on a car as distracting as waving a phone about.

2 minutes ago, rayaans said:

I mean, you're probably closer to a care home than I am if you find it more distracting to use a fixed touch screen on a car as distracting as waving a phone about.

😅😅😅, well I'm about 5 miles away geographically and about 20 years neurologically speaking. And who said anything about waving? I then realised being Jubilee weekend you must be practicing to be in the Royal coach later on, well done you 🥳

22 hours ago, Phil xxkr said:

😅😅😅, well I'm about 5 miles away geographically and about 20 years neurologically speaking. And who said anything about waving? I then realised being Jubilee weekend you must be practicing to be in the Royal coach later on, well done you 🥳

Closest ive been is looking after the people that reside there. Might be you one day

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links