Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Why are folk selling their is250's

Just now, dutchie01 said:

apart from the 620,000 people that drive one in the UK at the moment that is.

Because they are told to do so. and thats a fraction of the driving population - most are driving petrol or diesel, not many signed up to the EV scheme at my work place

18 minutes ago, toffee_pie said:

The minority of the population you will find, most will be left to suck up £30k+ for a Corsa or such out of their own pocket and this is just a low end EV.

If that is the case then why is the Tesla Model Y the 9th best selling car in 2022? 

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/industry/best-selling-cars-uk

2 minutes ago, toffee_pie said:

EVs will all be stranded in the cold weather, with a 2 tonne weight they wont get far in that situation in the clip. Batteries degrade in cold snaps also, no fast charging. I dont think the gov worry too much

Eric if you cannot debate with facts and continue to write up nonsense it makes no sense to continue. I am out.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, toffee_pie said:

EVs will all be stranded in the cold weather, with a 2 tonne weight they wont get far in that situation in the clip. Batteries degrade in cold snaps also, no fast charging. I dont think the gov worry too much

How often, if ever, do we get weather like that in the UK? 

1 minute ago, dutchie01 said:

Hmmm, thought i was only reacting to your incorrect statement of range? Who said aything about value for money?

If it was £60k you would still see it a bargain I guess - you seem like these 'experts' we hear so much about - you are not part of the stop oil brigade are you?

3 minutes ago, F.A. said:

How often, if ever, do we get weather like that in the UK? 

Not to mention people over in Norway.. they’re a bit ev crazy over there and have been for years, I’m sure we’d hear more about these cold climate EV disasters if it was so common. Sure batteries don’t work well in cold but still.. the manufacturers know that

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, F.A. said:

If that is the case then why is the Tesla Model Y the 9th best selling car in 2022? 

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/industry/best-selling-cars-uk

4 minutes ago, H3XME said:

Apparently because they’re told to buy it🤣

Well yes since Boris J announced in a 2 minute speech with C19 a neat distraction that ICE cars would be banned, the ones available since the 1800s - reliable old work horses at that, no referendum either - no need for that eh

Hence people buying EVs - duh - saving the net zero

2 minutes ago, H3XME said:

Not to mention people over in Norway.. they’re a bit ev crazy over there and have been for years, I’m sure we’d hear more about these cold climate EV disasters if it was so common. Sure batteries don’t work well in cold but still.. the manufacturers know that

You get even less range than the already exaggerated range you are told by sales reps

If you folks want to fanny around charging up EVs every day thats your choice

12 minutes ago, toffee_pie said:

You get even less range than the already exaggerated range you are told by sales reps

If you folks want to fanny around charging up EVs every day thats your choice

I wouldn’t be buying an EV. It’s not for me personally, but I ain’t gonna argue with those see some benefit in it for the sake of arguing. People are allowed to get what they want. I don’t have a problem with someone buying an EV. The more EVs on the roads the better for me = cheaper used gas guzzlers for me to buy

• Like 2

Now now folks. There's been valid points made and points misunderstood. Out of order getting personal I know I've got a lifetime warning on here for that. For now and the near foreseeable EV's are ruddy expensive for what they are. Quite a few on the roads and for many various reasons. There is a place for them but ice cars rule. As for environmental issues. Ruddy he'll what energy is expended in extracting the rare minerals etc to make batteries. Yes lots of energy expended on getting oil from the ground but I think drilling for oil costs less than digging for rare minerals and I don't care what the so called experts say (they're in someone's pocket each and every one of them, the bent barstewards). 

Everyone's got an opinion wether good or bad. That's life.

As for the video with the subaru. I think there are one or two EV's that could do that But they cost over 100k. How many is250's can 100k buy? Emphasising the virtues of a brand of car on another brands forum time and time again is silly and bordering on stupid. 

2 hours ago, F.A. said:

I’m out. @toffee_pie, your reasoning is complete shambles. I’m not wasting anymore time debating with someone who makes no sense whatsoever and constantly contradicts himself. 

A shambles?  EVs are a mugs game - the greatest swindle of modern history, gov’s required a fictional energy crisis war to drive the net zero climate change drivel and pay off stop oil nutsters in the process. The whole plan is to get people from the over populated western world off the road and endure a future of totalitarian control bull. Anyone who thinks EVs with half tonne batteries are actually eco-friendly need to stop listening to skulduggery cowboys - aka 'experts'

In reality this is what EVs are about - restricting movement and removing people's freedom. I told you read the agenda from Indonesia, it will all make sense

As a comment said - and the key word used is nobody is aware, because that is the entire plan.

We are sleep walking in to the matrix! Nobody votes for any of these issues and it seems that most are not aware of what’s happening. Well done Stu.

Oxford council have said, "this is coming, wether you like it or not". -- Just like Net zero, lockdowns and banning ICE cars then. Referendums are a thing of the past

Still a shambles?

Oh the infamous Mr Fillingham. Most of his videos are great. He's a former police officer and has given excellent tips. However to me he's a great scare mongerer. I actually unsubscribed to his channel some months ago because of it.

There's a book called the Milner Fabian conspiracy, publication date - 2015. All the stuff going on now has been in planning for years, that is why most people don't know of anything untoward happening, because of the way everything is executed 

The thing is everything is the new normal now, people dropping like flies from experimental drugs is absolutely normal, interest rates shooting up over a year - not a problem, crack on with it. Electric cars with half tonne battery's good for the environment, absolutely. Everyone is too thick unfortunately and this is what happens when there's no referendums anymore.

The lockdowns, quarantines, distancing, and isolation were merely a test-run to see how people would respond to self-captivity. The test was designed to train people to become obedient pawns to be ruled by their installed captors. And, like the obedient pawns they became, they celebrated their captivity on social media; dancing, singing, and telling each other how their captivity was "saving lives"

On 12/14/2022 at 10:01 AM, Mr Vlad said:

Oh the infamous Mr Fillingham. Most of his videos are great. He's a former police officer and has given excellent tips. However to me he's a great scare mongerer. I actually unsubscribed to his channel some months ago because of it.

With everything happening in the world would you bet against this actually happening however.  

10 minutes ago, toffee_pie said:

There's a book called the Milner Fabian conspiracy, publication date - 2015. All the stuff going on now has been in planning for years, that is why most people don't know of anything untoward happening, because of the way everything is executed 

The thing is everything is the new normal now, people dropping like flies from experimental drugs is absolutely normal, interest rates shooting up over a year - not a problem, crack on with it. Electric cars with half tonne battery's good for the environment, absolutely. Everyone is too thick unfortunately and this is what happens when there's no referendums anymore.

The lockdowns, quarantines, distancing, and isolation were merely a test-run to see how people would respond to self-captivity. The test was designed to train people to become obedient pawns to be ruled by their installed captors. And, like the obedient pawns they became, they celebrated their captivity on social media; dancing, singing, and telling each other how their captivity was "saving lives"

You tape over your laptop camera, don’t you🤣

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, toffee_pie said:

Not really no, some folks just have a brain cell

https://i.imgur.com/dXNXxQ2.jpeg

Look, I think we can all agree here that EVs aren’t as green as manufacturers and the government make them out to be, but you’re getting way off topic now

• Like 1

2 hours ago, H3XME said:

Look, I think we can all agree here that EVs aren’t as green as manufacturers and the government make them out to be, but you’re getting way off topic now

Erm, you brought this up? So, the answer to your cheeky question is no - not hiding my camera

EVs aren’t just not green, they are not green at all as the manufacturing of them kills off that notion in one fell swoop.

The new normal is accepting everything you are told by the gov - kids at school are told petrol cars basically kill you and net zero is life threatening, primary school students are told eat bugs (2022 study) and stop eating red meat readying them for what is normal in 2030. The gov are brainwashing people to such an extent they believe everything and that huge fires in the summer can occur when the temperature is 40C, no it cannot - someone started it. Just as fires in Australia are always started by idiots and why they have total fire bans during the hot season and its much hotter than 40C down there - it was over 50C when I visited in Feb 2002

And really when you think about it and forget everything about conspiracy and look at the car itself, the automobile – how is it possible to entirely ban them entirely just like that, a two-minute net zero speech. They have been around since the 1800s and are reliable, easy to manufacture and well known by mechanics the world over – nobody even asked any questions as there wasn’t any referendum or anything – nobody said hang on a sec, what contribution do they have to global greenhouse gases – what about the batteries and raw materials.

Net zero is important to the government because it keeps the momentum to EVs and the eventual phasing out of combustion engine cars and that is not easy because they are everywhere. All the cycle lanes, ULEZ zones and general way things are going including dumping cycle sheds on public footpaths / streets are all little clues as to what lies ahead.

I thought a few years about this and why are they so mad on EVs and the first thing that came to my mind is control of people and that is what it looks like but unless you delve into what is going on and forget everything you are told you will think they are for net zero.

If Oxford council or another district actually goes ahead with these social security style passes they will no doubt cite climate change, net zero or such as a reason and due to all the chaos happening they already have won the war against the public.

57 minutes ago, Mr Vlad said:

I think you best give it a rest Eric. Your passion is getting a bit tiring. 

I can but it won't be the last of you will hear about it will it.

Richard Vobes and plenty others have opinion on that Oxford scheme but only time will tell, but as Richard said this 'trial' they intend to carry out how will it be assessed, his thoughts were it will be deemed a success anyway - sugar coating it as some traffic filtering is just a decoy - you need to translate all the bs you are reading.  Oxford say traffic in the city is bad, no way Jose. Go visit Bangkok. Traffic in most large cities in the world is bad due to population. 

Greater Tokyo is the most populated place on earth, I've been there and they manage just fine.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links