Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Would you recommend a 2022 Lexus NX to a friend?

5 hours ago, fourbanks said:

The only thing I can comment on is that head office customer service along with the directors and my local dealer is that they are rubbish for customer service so don't just assume they will be helpful when and if a problem crops up because the chances are they won't 

to sum up, great cars but rubbish service and this is nothing to do with Japan and takumi which is strictly only for the Japanese market where you are guaranteed great service however small 

the UK service i should add is rubbish from all marques and has been over my 50 years of driving. i'm not even sure the public have ever had good after sales and warranty work done in the UK, as i've never seen it 

Can't agree. The sales, service and customer care offered by Lexus Edinburgh has been superb since I first walked in the door to look at an NX 5 years ago.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, LenT said:

With respect Nick, ‘south’ is what you were talking about too! 🙂

But if you’ve had a bad experience with a Lexus dealer, then this is certainly the place to let other owners know.  Only by ‘naming and shaming’ do some companies get incentivised to improve.

If I have cause to be dissatisfied with Lexus MK, I’ll make it known.   But equally it’s only fair to praise when deserved.

This is the list of current Lexus dealers.  Is there nothing in the south east in which you might have confidence?

https://www.lexus.co.uk/centres

i'm afraid Len the standards are well off the mark from those in Japan and with myself having spent my working life in the royal family and Bank of England i'm not an easy customer i'm definitely a takumi type of character sad to say and don't like prince Phillip suffer fools gladly  

the Lexus dealers i know are just typical smile on purchase and then get lost if you have problem very simple but very annoying always a negative outcome and always use the trademark I know nothing in any answer 

if you write to the chief, executive Chris Hayes Lexus UK even he won't reply, just gives over to another negative director to deal with. So there is your answer 

Just now, fourbanks said:

i'm afraid Len the standards are well off the mark from those in Japan and with myself having spent my working life in the royal family and Bank of England i'm not an easy customer i'm definitely a takumi type of character sad to say and don't like prince Phillip suffer fools gladly  

the Lexus dealers i know are just typical smile on purchase and then get lost if you have problem very simple but very annoying always a negative outcome and always use the trademark I know nothing in any answer 

if you write to the chief, executive Chris Hayes Lexus UK even he won't reply, just gives over to another negative director to deal with. So there is your answer 

The same with any council i know nothing, blah blah blah. Always a negative outcome and just go round and round in a loop just like mp's and lords year in year out always negative 

Just now, fourbanks said:

The same with any council i know nothing, blah blah blah. Always a negative outcome and just go round and round in a loop just like mp's and lords year in year out always negative 

At least my daughter quit the country, having worked with the government. So at least someone in the family has common sense. i told her they were useless when she left uni, but insisted she wonted first-hand knowledge of how useless they are, and took 4 years for the penny to drop and drop it did so quit the country 

It will be very interesting to note the results of forthcoming Customer Satisfaction Surveys. The mood of Members` currently suggests to me that Ratings are about to enter freefall.

Some Dealerships are better than others, vehicles ordered are taking a year or more to be delivered, the Software in those delivered  lags behind the knowledge of the new owner,New Owners are identifying with Leuxus in order to simply reduce their B.I.K.not because they believe in the Product.

A strong case me thinks for those who do not have Company Cars, to keep them ?

• Like 3

On 8/12/2022 at 12:17 PM, Stumpyuk said:

There seems to have been an uptick in NX 450+h deliveries recently, so thought it would be useful to get some feedback from owners on how happy they are with their purchase.

For me I would give it 6.5 out of 10 and wouldn't recommend it to a friend.   

Overall, the vehicle is fabulous from an engineering POV.  The Adaptive Cruise Control with Keep Lane Assist is a thing of beauty.  It's a great, comfortable ride and makes for relaxing journeys.  The only engineering issue I have is with the vibration through the accelerator pedal when driving at speed outside of urban areas, which I find irritating.

The reason for my low score is the tech, which is close to disastrous, IMHO.  Here are some of the issues I am having:

Profiles not loading: Well documented here, but it is infuriating having to log into my account to get my profile loaded when the vehicle loads my wife's profile when we get in the vehicle.  Even then the seat, steering wheel etc has to be set up again every time we want to go somewhere. The presets on the door panel don't work either.

Can't charge vehicle away from home: I activated an account for the Lexus Charging Network.  Activation was successful and I received my RFID card, however both the card and app fails to unlock any charging stations in the Lexus network.  The app is now mysteriously showing that the activation of the card charging service is "Pending". The company who issued the card claim that everything is working and I need to speak to Lexus to sort the app out.  Lexus have failed to answer my emails regarding this issue (so much for their supposedly fabulous customer service).  I am on holiday in France and have been unable to charge the vehicle so am in my 3rd tank of petrol since I got the car 3 weeks ago.

International Auto-detect settings not working:. Vehicle was configured to auto-detect and change units and distances abroad - this failed when I got to France; everything was still shown in MPH.  Had to pull over and spend 20 minutes trying to find the correct menu to change to KMPH.  Having done that, the vehicle reverts back to auto-detect when you end a journey, so you have to manually change it again at the start of every journey (after you have finished setting up the profile, seat positions etc).  Even when you do set it up, speed is shown in KMPH but distances to next turning is expressed in yards and miles.

Suspect incorrect speed shown in dashboard and HUD: I got so fed up with the in car navigation that I tried using the Tom-Tom phone app via Android-Auto.  There is a variance of 2-3 KMPH between what the car says is the current vehicle speed and what Tom-Tom says is the current speed.  Going past road furniture that displays your current speed, it seems Tom-Tom is reporting the speed correctly and the Lexus is reporting it incorrectly.

Numerous niggles: The infotainment system has lots of sub-optimal features for a vehicle in the Luxury segment. E.G plug in a USB drive containing folders of music and it won't list them in alphabetical order - you have to scroll up and down till you find the folder you are looking for.

Taken together, these issues have made the whole ownership experience to be quite miserable.  Love the engineering, but hate the ownership experience.  If it wasn't for the long wait times to get any new vehicle built I would be seriously considering rejecting this car.  I just have to hope they can sort the issues out with software updates.

What i find crazy (true on my 2021 RX as it sounds as is the case on your new NX) is that the basic automotive engineering is superb but what lets the vehicles down are the customer touch points with the technology. There are still many bugs in the older MM19 system that ships with the outgoing RX (music voice commands, tracks play in alphabetical and not track number order, car will not recognise incoming calls on 3g, or not on 4g depending on how you store numbers in the address book (take your pick as to which you want), occasional glitch that the radio station that plays is different to the one you select.... And many more small but very annoying bugs that should not be present in such a car and clearly very little software testing was done).  When i test drove a new NX i was surprised to see some of these bugs had carried over into MM21.  Very odd for a total system rewrite... I really thought that the new infortainment system and software would fix these things for Lexus... But...

As I have told the Lexus UK support line many times, "you can do the hard bits really well and you fail on the easy bits.  The problem is, we all expect the easy bits to also be bug free."

And the speed at which such things get fixed is glacial to non existent.  I'm still waiting for fixes that I (and others on here) reported 18 months ago with the MM19 system and there has been no fix forthcoming....

At the moment i am unable to send navigation destinations from the web site or app to the car... This used to work but randomly stopped a few weeks ago. And I have not managed to get the Radly.fm internet radio working now for over 1 year.... Again... Used to work.

Paul

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, PDM said:

What i find crazy (true on my 2021 RX as it sounds as is the case on your new NX) is that the basic automotive engineering is superb but what lets the vehicles down are the customer touch points with the technology. There are still many bugs in the older MM19 system that ships with the outgoing RX (music voice commands, tracks play in alphabetical and not track number order, car will not recognise incoming calls on 3g, or not on 4g depending on how you store numbers in the address book (take your pick as to which you want), occasional glitch that the radio station that plays is different to the one you select.... And many more small but very annoying bugs that should not be present in such a car and clearly very little software testing was done).  When i test drove a new NX i was surprised to see some of these bugs had carried over into MM21.  Very odd for a total system rewrite... I really thought that the new infortainment system and software would fix these things for Lexus... But...

As I have told the Lexus UK support line many times, "you can do the hard bits really well and you fail on the easy bits.  The problem is, we all expect the easy bits to also be bug free."

And the speed at which such things get fixed is glacial to non existent.  I'm still waiting for fixes that I (and others on here) reported 18 months ago with the MM19 system and there has been no fix forthcoming....

At the moment i am unable to send navigation destinations from the web site or app to the car... This used to work but randomly stopped a few weeks ago. And I have not managed to get the Radly.fm internet radio working now for over 1 year.... Again... Used to work.

Paul

Japan has always been bad with software, Sony notable from 1995 onwards. Having said that, it's complexed and of low priority and will never be updated per model. What i mean is if you want to be updated you will need to buy a new car every time the model itself get updated which is every 2 to 3 years 

I'll just add I've had some very good customer service from Lexus MK and Stockport in the past. Service I've had in dealerships from other marques has not been quite as good, although some (Jaguar) have been better than others (Alfa Romeo).

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, mikey2001 said:

I'll just add I've had some very good customer service from Lexus MK and Stockport in the past. Service I've had in dealerships from other marques has not been quite as good, although some (Jaguar) have been better than others (Alfa Romeo).

I always wanted to buy an Alfa ( for personal reasons, father  had a 1600 Giulia nuova super  when I was a kid, looked exactly like this :

Alfa_Romeo_Giulia_Super_1600_Biscione.JP

followed by a Giulietta )

Are they still suffering with quality problems?

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, fourbanks said:

Japan has always been bad with software, Sony notable from 1995 onwards. Having said that, it's complexed and of low priority and will never be updated per model. What i mean is if you want to be updated you will need to buy a new car every time the model itself get updated which is every 2 to 3 years 

Having read from so many members on the forum that software is the weak point in the otherwise very fine Lexus cars.

Seems that Lexus either have no interest in keeping their customers completely satisfied as navigation could be easily fixed by letting Garmin or another qualified company make it for them or they do not think that their customers expect more than good hardware from the car. The one we have registered October 2016 has never had a lam telling me of any errors (only orange light is when gasoline is low) and the car drive perfect. Fuel consumption is like from all competition completely wrong unless driving without A/C and not going faster than 40 - 50 km/h which is of course not any fun.

Everything in the software is stupidly poor made. I found it poor when got the car and expected it to be better in following update, but seems Lexus will or can not update their software.

Take the clock: 12 hour without AM and PM so if you do not know what time it is in winter you can be confused if it is 6 morning or 6 afternoon. The day has 24 hours and not 12.

Telephone list when receiving a call tells "unknown caller" even if the list imported from phone has name and number of the person calling.

Some of the problems could also come from translation from Japanese to English (or other languages) done by Google or even less qualified personnel or maybe not needed in Japan.

Sony is mentioned as a bad software company and I disagree. Have a flagship VAIO from SONY laptop from 2009 and the software was great when I bought it and still most of the drivers function with latest update from Windows and when Windows have updated and installed new drivers I sometimes go back to the original to get better performance. It is still one of my main computers with specifications superior to most new computers of today.

About the service from Toyota / Lexus personnel I will say that until 2006 it was fantastic here (had a Toyota MR2 Spyder). Boss was from Japan and the team was qualified. Now some local person has the Toyota and Lexus here and people that know anything about cars seems not to work there any-more. All they need to know is to connect the computers to the cars and see if they are told anything.

Finally, buying a new model first edition is a gamble no matter from which car company; so far I have never heard of any new model that did not need to have various kind of error fixed within the first time; second update or even third usually are far better.

1 minute ago, Las Palmas said:

Finally, buying a new model first edition is a gamble no matter from which car company; so far I have never heard of any new model that did not need to have various kind of error fixed within the first time; second update or even third usually are far better.

Have to say I bought one of the very first GS250 in 2012, had 3 completely faultless years with it. ( ok, one software problem developed near the end of three years that I did not bother sorting as I returned the vehicle to Lexus)

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, talaipwros said:

I always wanted to buy an Alfa ( for personal reasons, father  had a 1600 Giulia nuova super  when I was a kid, looked exactly like this :

Had an Alfsud in 198? whatever and it was a fine car when it was not in the garage being fixed. Did that answer your question? No! That was so long ago that maybe they are hopefully now better.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Las Palmas said:

Had an Alfsud in 198? whatever and it was a fine car when it was not in the garage being fixed. Did that answer your question? No! That was so long ago that maybe they are hopefully now better.

My experiences were more recent, with a 156 and a GT (both V6s). I was never left stranded, but suffered several more minor problems, and the quality of various components left a lot to be desired. Fine cars to drive though 😎

• Like 1

17 hours ago, talaipwros said:

Unfortunately still some problems, use to be electric mainly. I had a 1972 Montreal V8 for many years and it was always electric problems but great to drive!

• Like 1

Many French and Italian cars used to have electric problems when they come to colder climate.

Peugeot had the common earth connection under head-lamps and the spraying of salty waters (salt on the roads in many northern countries in winter) made all the lamps flicker and it was nothing but problems. Relocated the earth and many (not all) problems were gone.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, fourbanks said:

Well, the software is made by a US team, you can find official clips showcasing the development team. For a 1st iteration of a brand new system it is not so bad and with OTA updates, there will be improvements along the road.

Competitors are not better. For example VAG new interface for the VW ID line and IV Skoda line is still pretty buggy (and the last major update needs to be installed at the dealership...), MBUX has still a few glitches and even TESLA can have its screen freeze while driving...

• Like 1

On 8/13/2022 at 7:41 PM, fourbanks said:

The only problem is that this does not get bugs fixed: it gets you a new set of bugs, some of which may be the same as the old bugs!

Paul

Having now driven the vehicle in all sorts of conditions, I am now actively resentful of the car.  Nagging me sometimes every 2 minutes if I want to close the windows, failing to dip the full beams automatically when vehicles are approaching, failing to auto-wipe the windscreen when drenched in rain (and auto-wiping in dry conditions) the list is endless.  I have triple checked that I have the correct settings, but the list of problems continues to grow.  I still can't charge the vehicle on the Lexus network and 10 days after my initial complaint to my dealer (with escalation to the manager), still no response.  Harsh words will be exchanged upon my return to the UK.  Am beyond fed-up.

• Sad 5

Sorry to hear this, particularly the inaction by the dealer. Can't say that I am experiencing any of these issues on my 450h+ Premium Plus.

Hope that the issues get resolved when you get back.

I'm sorry to hear that too, I've had 6000 miles in mine now and while there are a few minor niggles I would not hesitate to recommend it. Is your dealer Coventry? I've used them for servicing my last 2 Lexi (is that the correct plural?) before the NX and have always found them excellent but I contacted them about a couple of minor issues and they had the car for a day, and I was rather underwhelmed by their response (or lack of) this time.

Most dealers are only fitters of parts like quick fit, so finding someone like YouTube's care care nut a Lexus specialist in the UK isn't going to happen sad to say 

like this for example, very complexed even though this is a Toyota Lexus are the same 

This situation is bizarre - auto full beam dipping is not working, but only seems to be an issue for my car.  Here is my theory: I have been in France over past couple of weeks.  AFAIK, the vehicle is supposed to auto-detect when you are in a new country and change the settings accordingly.  This feature didn't work; I had to disable the auto-detect regional settings feature in order to manually select Kilometre distance units.  I think that car detects oncoming traffic based on country location, so if you are in the UK it will sense oncoming traffic to the right (and auto-dip the headlights accordingly).  I think that the auto-detect regional settings feature also sets the vehicle up to start detect oncoming traffic to the left of the vehicle (cos you are now driving on the right of the road).  As the auto-detect feature doesn't work and I had to disable it so that I could manually select Kilometer distance units to avoid breaking speed limits, I think the car is still in its default mode of sensing oncoming traffic from the right, hence it is failing to auto-dip headlights 'cos it is sensing in the wrong direction. 

Am only speculating here but it would explain why no-one else is having the same issues.  Has any other UK owner on the forum taken their MY 22 NX to the continent and had the same issues?

On 8/13/2022 at 1:03 PM, RXtoNX said:

If the electricity rates of over 40p/kWh remains for the foreseeable, the days of electric cars are numbered.

It depends on the mpg you're comparing it against and efficiency of the electric drivetrain. For my EV the cut-off point would be 80p/kWh compared with my previous NX300h. Fortunately public chargers are still less than that and I'm only paying 5p/kWh at home overnight at the moment. Even at the average UK tarriff of about 27p/kWh I'd be ok.

I have now returned to the UK, re-enabled the auto-detect regional settings feature...and most of the problems I have been experiencing have disappeared.   Auto-dipping of headlights when vehicles are approaching works just fine and the automated windscreen wipers are now working properly.   Weird!!

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, javadude said:

It depends on the mpg you're comparing it against and efficiency of the electric drivetrain. For my EV the cut-off point would be 80p/kWh compared with my previous NX300h. Fortunately public chargers are still less than that and I'm only paying 5p/kWh at home overnight at the moment. Even at the average UK tarriff of about 27p/kWh I'd be ok.

My comment was more in relation to the previous paragraph in my post being charging whilst out on the road. Fortunately Tesla has a different charging regime to the general type 2 chargers out there.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links