Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Cazoo et al

Ala Larj

As an aside to the ‘who to sell to’ thread have any members bought a car through cazoo or the like? 

I’m old school and like to buy things in person so I can discuss my purchase. However, I’m also aware that the times are changing!

I would be interested in peoples thoughts both positive and negative. 

I’ve not bought a car through Cazoo or similar, like you I prefer the dealer experience. But I wonder how long dealers will exist or the sale of new cars. With the popularity or leasing and internet sales comparing prices and finding the best deal it seems as though the days for dealers are numbered. Which is a shame at it is nice to pick up a new car, spend time with the salesmen explaining how it works, setting up you phone etc. With leasing I suspect they tend to deliver the car and hand the keys over then leave, letting you to figure out how it works and as cars become more complex this is harder to do. Even making you resort to reading the manual. 

The Lexus dealer experience is part of the brand and if this goes it will take away some of the special feeling of owning a Lexus.  Sad times 🙁

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ala Larj said:

As an aside to the ‘who to sell to’ thread have any members bought a car through cazoo or the like? 

I’m old school and like to buy things in person so I can discuss my purchase. However, I’m also aware that the times are changing!

I`m old school too Alan,but I shop on line.If I don`t like what I want for whatever reason, I send it back and receive a refund . It is not Rocket Science

18 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

I`m old school too Alan,but I shop on line.If I don`t like what I want for whatever reason, I send it back and receive a refund . It is not Rocket Science

I buy relatively small purchases on line but expensive stuff I like to see what I’m getting for my money. However I have been known to looking at things in shops then buying it cheaper on line! The difference is that I’m buying a general product not a specific one!

• Confused 1

10 hours ago, Ala Larj said:

However I have been known to looking at things in shops

and sadly these are disappearing fast too ............... Canterbury City centre WAS full of wondrous shops to behold and touchy feely everything ...  there a couple of weeks back and it's more or less  Dead, a Dump and a very Sad Place to be tbh

I suspect many town centres and shops in general are a bit of a thing of the past   :unsure:

Malc

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, Ala Larj said:

I buy relatively small purchases on line but expensive stuff I like to see what I’m getting for my money. However I have been known to looking at things in shops then buying it cheaper on line! 

Exactly that is what the majority of shoppers do. Go to the shop but dont buy there, this is the challenge for shopowners how do you get the sale? The large webshops now start to open high street shops as well to lure customers in that then buy online ( even possible IN the shop) Regarding cars it is already moving to the internet as well. Manufacturers will bypass the dealer and go direct. Dealers that until now made their little margin on maintenance and sale of liquids - oil, fluids - will have to come up with a way to survive in the transformation to electric. Most of them are likely to disappear and i see manufacturers opening up experience centers covering a certain area, say 50 / 100 km and the local village garage as winners here, the rest will have a hard time.

By the way i had good experiences with dealers but also some terrible ones, i would never ever set foot in their premises again let alon buy a car there!

On 8/27/2022 at 7:46 PM, Ala Larj said:

A few friends of mine have bought from Cazoo and say the experience say good!

when I was on the hunt for an RCF they were selling an orange carbon and it’s not there anymore so can assume someone got it!

• 4 weeks later...

I bought my RX450h from Cazoo. It was traded in against my IS300h. I am useless at haggling or negotiating of any form. I watched the RX price going up and down for 3 months and was comparing it to a similarly spec'd car at Lexus Hedge End. Cazoo then dropped the price to below the estimated insurance value of the vehicle, so I bought it.

The vehicle arrived exactly as they had described it. There were minor scratches which were commensurate with the vehicle's age. On inspection, I had trouble seeing them. The car came with Cazoo branded umbrella, drinking bottle, ice scraper and a delivery chap who was keen to explain how everything worked.  There was also a set of Lexus branded rubber mats (which have just gone in to the car ready for winter).

The buying experience was simple and hassle free. The only thing I've done so far is swap out the Cazoo branded number plates. It was a big gamble, but I am now a proud and happy RX owner.

As an aside the car will be serviced and maintained by Lexus Hedge End, as was the IS300h. Nice people!

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

A colleague bought his Range Rover Sport from Cinch and couldn’t speak highly enough of how simple the process was, with the car exactly as described and usefully cheaper than a similar vehicle from Land Rover themselves.

I think their finance rates are quite high though.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links