Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

In the  year I've had my IS250 I don't think my wife had driven my car more then once until this weekend as she's not a fan of autos. 

She wanted to attend a conference in York (from Cardiff) this weekend, stopping off en route to visit a friend in hospital in Peterborough and her car needs tyres (ordered and delivery delayed) so she reluctantly agreed to take the IS250.

I got her to keep note of the refuelling as I track costs for my cars on an app.

I got in this morning to work out mileages etc and found this

I've seen mid forties before when driven like a nun but never this and this was from Market Harborough where she filled up to home.

50mpg.jpeg

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Tyre Tread said:

In the  year I've had my IS250 I don't think my wife had driven my car more then once until this weekend as she's not a fan of autos. 

She wanted to attend a conference in York (from Cardiff) this weekend, stopping off en route to visit a friend in hospital in Peterborough and her car needs tyres (ordered and delivery delayed) so she reluctantly agreed to take the IS250.

I got her to keep note of the refuelling as I track costs for my cars on an app.

I got in this morning to work out mileages etc and found this

I've seen mid forties before when driven like a nun but never this and this was from Market Harborough where she filled up to home.

50mpg.jpeg

Looks like 60mph on the motorway hahah

15 hours ago, Mr Vlad said:

Very impressive. I bet however she drove your car with great care, more than you do.

Let's just say she has smaller, lighter feet than I do, particularly the right one. 

She is a very smooth driver and whilst not slow, is laid back.

After refuelling on the way to work, I sometimes zero the average MPG counter.

The way to work is one big glide on the way there (Cotswolds to Bristol) without touching the accelerator much. By the time I am in my office, the MPG will average 65.

Let's say it's a different story on the way back home 😗.

• Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...

Did a trip to Manchester airport from Nottingham with a services break in between and managed to achieve a respectable 41.8mpg, this is with E10 fuel with my E10 additive from Halfords. I was previously using cruise control at 80 mph but that really tanks the economy so did it exactly on 70mph (translates to around 64mph in reality with Waze)

I reckon if I were to give the injectors a good clean more could possibly be achieved. 

image.thumb.jpeg.c470711710de8729f94f9be33969acd5.jpeg

What additive Bilal? I've seen some additives but they cost around £20. I worked it out and found it cheaper to use E5. As for Injectors the additive I use cleans them good. Millers ecomax petrol. Recommend to all car owners. (Petrol and diesel)

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mr Vlad said:

What additive Bilal? I've seen some additives but they cost around £20. I worked it out and found it cheaper to use E5. As for Injectors the additive I use cleans them good. Millers ecomax petrol. Recommend to all car owners. (Petrol and diesel)

Wrynns E10, I found that by using any ethanol stablising additive my Mpg returns to acceptable to levels. It’s not the cheapest as I pick it up from Halfords but I plan on ordering some Mannol Ester E10 additive in bulk off eBay as it’s absolute pennies that way 

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links