Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

No AA Card in New NX

21 hours ago, RONNIE W HODGEKINSON said:

Advice please..  Having recently bought a 2020 lexus nx 300h Is breakdown cover by the AA included in the warranty and how to i check this is included.. Thanks.Ron

Ronnie, you will be better placed by asking the Dealership which sold you the car for the definitive answer to your question as they as the seller provided your warranty.

Good luck and please let us know what they say to you.Thanks.

John  Thank-you For Your Advice...I did phone Lexus LRA and explained The Situation with the Breakdown cover .He eventually pulled up my file As I Had Changed the reg plate and said that Breakdown cover was included until July 3d of next Year But Was Not Sure If it would continue Beyond That date (He seemingly couldnt access that information because one of his computers was down ) I suspect he didnt Know.. However i can Phone the dealership particularly because My annual Service is not due to the 26 september and according to LRA Breakdown cover is only up to 3d July So I effectively would have  nearly 3 months where i had No breakdown cover..Whats your thoughts on this John..Bit of a grey Area..I think Lexus Edinburgh should be able to sort this..Hopefully..Ron

25 minutes ago, RONNIE W HODGEKINSON said:

John  Thank-you For Your Advice...I did phone Lexus LRA and explained The Situation with the Breakdown cover .He eventually pulled up my file As I Had Changed the reg plate and said that Breakdown cover was included until July 3d of next Year But Was Not Sure If it would continue Beyond That date (He seemingly couldnt access that information because one of his computers was down ) I suspect he didnt Know.. However i can Phone the dealership particularly because My annual Service is not due to the 26 september and according to LRA Breakdown cover is only up to 3d July So I effectively would have  nearly 3 months where i had No breakdown cover..Whats your thoughts on this John..Bit of a grey Area..I think Lexus Edinburgh should be able to sort this..Hopefully..Ron

The Breakdown Cover runs in line with the initial 3-year manufacturer's warranty on the car - so 3 years from first registration. After that there is no breakdown cover included. After the 3-year manufacturer's warranty expires then for each service at a Lexus dealer you receive 12 months/10k miles (whichever comes first) of Relax Extended Warranty (there would be no gap in this assuming the car has been serviced by Lexus on schedule during its first 3 years) - this can be maintained by having Lexus service the car for up to the car being 10 years old / 100K miles (whichever comes first). However, the Relax Extended Warranty (unlike the manufacturer's warranty) DOES NOT include breakdown cover. If you want to have Lexus breakdown cover after the first three years manufacturer's warranty expires then this can be purchased through Lexus and is (I believe) £135 per annum. It should be possible to arrange this through your dealer or Lexus directly through the website: https://www.lexus.co.uk/owners/roadside-assistance

• Like 5

50 minutes ago, RONNIE W HODGEKINSON said:

15 minutes ago, wharfhouse said:

The Breakdown Cover runs in line with the initial 3-year manufacturer's warranty on the car - so 3 years from first registration. After that there is no breakdown cover included. After the 3-year manufacturer's warranty expires then for each service at a Lexus dealer you receive 12 months/10k miles (whichever comes first) of Relax Extended Warranty (there would be no gap in this assuming the car has been serviced by Lexus on schedule during its first 3 years) - this can be maintained by having Lexus service the car for up to the car being 10 years old / 100K miles (whichever comes first). However, the Relax Extended Warranty (unlike the manufacturer's warranty) DOES NOT include breakdown cover. If you want to have Lexus breakdown cover after the first three years manufacturer's warranty expires then this can be purchased through Lexus and is (I believe) £135 per annum. It should be possible to arrange this through your dealer or Lexus directly through the website: https://www.lexus.co.uk/owners/roadside-assistance

Ronnie, Phil has beaten me to it--see below. His response is excellent.

Dos your Bank or Building Society not offer a free Breakdown Facility with your a/c ?

• Thanks 1

On 9/22/2022 at 6:32 PM, RXtoNX said:

It was the dealer who told me that Lexus had recently changed provider for their breakdown cover. Maybe it’s the other way around🤔

TBH I don’t know who provided ours on the RX over the past 5 years since we never needed them but what I do know was that adding a nominated partner to the policy was never a problem.

Toyota and Lexus have been using the AA for their breakdown cover for many years now. Before then it was RAC. Toyota documentation dated 02/22 still states the AA so if there has been a change then it is recent. I do hope they haven't moved to RAC, I've heard nothing but bad reports from people using them in the last couple of years - long wait times and nearly always an independent recovery service of questionable quality turns up.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ColinBarber said:

Toyota and Lexus have been using the AA for their breakdown cover for many years now. Before then it was RAC. Toyota documentation dated 02/22 still states the AA so if there has been a change then it is recent. I do hope they haven't moved to RAC, I've heard nothing but bad reports from people using them in the last couple of years - long wait times and nearly always an independent recovery service of questionable quality turns up.

I renewed for two years in June and the E Mail clearly states the AA.

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, ColinBarber said:

No they haven’t changed, it was just my dealership confusing themselves with dates etc.

What is concerning though is that neither LRA or the AA can confirm what the current deal is and if it’s the same as we had on the RX for the past 5 years. All they say is that they no longer issue cards and there is no where on their system for them to enter a nominated partner. When asked how do they know that someone who calls if different to the car owner is nominated they just scratch their heads.

Also they can’t confirm if the roadside assistance covers the person when travelling in other cars as it has always done and still indicates that in the latest T&Cs on the website dated 2019. Doesn’t fill me with confidence if we needed them in any of the circumstances outlned.

LRA have failed to respond to emails asking these questions and I have just escalated my query to Customer Services. We wait & see if a response comes from there🤔

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, RXtoNX said:

No they haven’t changed, it was just my dealership confusing themselves with dates etc.

What is concerning though is that neither LRA or the AA can confirm what the current deal is and if it’s the same as we had on the RX for the past 5 years. All they say is that they no longer issue cards and there is no where on their system for them to enter a nominated partner. When asked how do they know that someone who calls if different to the car owner is nominated they just scratch their heads.

Also they can’t confirm if the roadside assistance covers the person when travelling in other cars as it has always done and still indicates that in the latest T&Cs on the website dated 2019. Doesn’t fill me with confidence if we needed them in any of the circumstances outlned.

LRA have failed to respond to emails asking these questions and I have just escalated my query to Customer Services. We wait & see if a response comes from there🤔

Look forward to hearing the reply from Lexus CS...

• Like 1

Regarding my post above, 5 minutes after posting My wife received an email from Lexus which included the following which now resolves the query.

with regards to being covered in other vehicles for both yourself and one nominated driver (your husband), I can confirm this is a part of your LRA. You both have personal cover, which means you’ll be covered in any eligible vehicle if you were to break down in there, whether a driver or a passenger. Again, please call the Lexus emergency breakdown team and they will assist if this happens. We no longer require personal details of your nominated driver, but if they break down, they must be able to confirm your registration/LRA personal details for legal data protection purposes before we can provide assistance.

• Like 4

Some people in this thread seem to be getting hung up on this "you get AA membership" thing. You don't. You get Lexus Roadside Assistance (which is provided by the AA, but that's beside the point). You don't get an AA card, but through the post I got a LRA card and (I think slightly later on), a flyer from them asking if I wanted another member of my family covered. The cover for both people is any car you're driving or a passenger in. My partner was sent a LRA card a week after I returned the form. This was at the end of 2019 for me after I bought my NX.

The cover lasts the length of the warranty and if you want to continue afterwards you have to renew, as has been said. They didn't remind me and in actual fact I just continued the actual AA membership that I had suspended for 3 years when I bought the car in 2019!

HTH

• Like 1

I think the point of the thread is one no longer receives a card (of any description) when taking out the Lexus Roadside Assistance. When I renewed my cover it was stated in the confirming letter they no longer send plastic cards, 'to save the planet'...

1 hour ago, Steve Oliver said:

You don't get an AA card, but through the post I got a LRA card and (I think slightly later on), a flyer from them asking if I wanted another member of my family covered. The cover for both people is any car you're driving or a passenger in.

You have mis-read the thread and therefore misunderstood the point. 
Lexus no longer provide a LRA card nor do they provide any documentation.
This all ceased a few months ago hence the queries since I was also used to everything you state being the case

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RXtoNX said:

You have mis-read the thread and therefore misunderstood the point. 
Lexus no longer provide a LRA card nor do they provide any documentation.
This all ceased a few months ago hence the queries since I was also used to everything you state being the case

I stand corrected! 👍

• Like 3

You always get 3 years complimentary roadside assistance with a brand new Lexus. You get a little card that covers you in your Lexus and in any other vehicle you are a passenger in

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Deb said:

You always get 3 years complimentary roadside assistance with a brand new Lexus. You get a little card that covers you in your Lexus and in any other vehicle you are a passenger in

Yes correct except the little card is no longer issued.

19 hours ago, Deb said:

It’s not just the card you don’t get anymore, as mentioned many times in posts above you also don’t get any documentation so anyone new to Lexus won’t know this 

25 minutes ago, RXtoNX said:

It’s not just the card you don’t get anymore, as mentioned many times in posts above you also don’t get any documentation so anyone new to Lexus won’t know this 

Do you not get an E Mail?

Especially if you sign up to Lexus Link.

43 minutes ago, Moleman said:

I have had my car a month and not had an email from Lexus, AA or anyone else relating to Roadside Assistance. There is a button within my version of the Lexus Link App for Roadside Assistance but this simply gives the number to call.

3 minutes ago, Harrier Man said:

I have had my car a month and not had an email from Lexus, AA or anyone else relating to Roadside Assistance. There is a button within my version of the Lexus Link App for Roadside Assistance but this simply gives the number to call.

Strange customer service.

This is a major selling point, you would think that they would clearly inform customers of the benefits available.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Moleman said:

Nope, nothing until I’d escalated the entire subject matter 8 weeks after delivery, then Lexus finally responded and confirmed everything.

Having owned a Lexus for 5 years previously I knew the ropes but was insistent that I had some documentation outlining the exact position and how to proceed.
BTW, the email I received also confirmed that they no longer log the name of a nominated partner. It would appear that LRA just take your word that you are a nominated partner if you can quote the reg number and registered address of the Lexus owner🙄

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, fourbanks said:

Just to confirm, no Lexus purchase will get any type of confirmation with regards the 3-year breakdown as it is automatically  applied by head office 

full details can be found here 

24/7 Lexus Roadside Assistance Across Europe | Lexus UK  

Use that link to download the T&Cs and Lexus Assist brochure and they clearly state that the nominated partner has to be registered by Lexus, which was the main reason that I raised this in the first place after being told by Lexus Assist that they can’t register anyone but the owner.

When I finally pushed Lexus they admitted that they no longer register a nominated partner, just quoting reg number, owners name and address is sufficient.

I wrote the above on a thread back in March when I renewed my LRA. As you can see things where changing back then. I was told that although the roadside assistance has been provided by the AA for many years the system was administered by Lexus but that has changed and Lexus has contracted the whole thing out to the AA an that’s when the problems started. I emailed several people within the Lexus customer services and every time I was given confirmation that a nominated partner was included and that both myself and that nominated partner are covered when a passenger or driver of any vehicle. I still haven’t seen the definitive T&C for this, needless to say I’m keeping all copies of correspondence in case it’s needed.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links