Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New years wishes

dutchie01

On the brink of 2023 i have the following wishes.

That Lexus brings out more models please copy the range on sale in the states Lexus.

That car prices are returning to normal and decrease by at least 15%

That service intervals when driving 10k a year are once every 2 years or more.

That Putin falls from a window.

That there will be a replacement for the A segment small cars you could buy new for 7K some years ago.

That traffic returns to Covid lock down levels.

That Putin falls from the stairs

Happy 2023 to all! ( except Putin)

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, dutchie01 said:

On the brink of 2023 i have the following wishes.

That Lexus brings out more models please copy the range on sale in the states Lexus.

That car prices are returning to normal and decrease by at least 15%

That Putin falls from a window.

That there will be a replacement for the A segment small cars you could buy new for 7K some years ago.

That traffic returns to Covid lock down levels.

That Putin falls from the stairs

Happy 2023 to all! ( except Putin)

What a great thread Bernard 😎

I wholeheartedly agree with all of those sentiments Bernard, especially the Putin ones!

Can I also add:

End to all strike action with a reasonable solution.

Cost of living back to manageable levels (good levels would be a stretch too far I think!).

Lexus to change their minds and decide to bring the new IS to the UK.

Happy New Year to you all and fingers crossed for a better 2023!

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Bluemarlin said:

The way things have gone over the last year or so I think I'd settle for a year when nothing else goes wrong 🙂

Yes Bill, but if things don't go wrong how can you know when they are right? 🤔😂

4 hours ago, Phil xxkr said:

Yes Bill, but if things don't go wrong how can you know when they are right? 🤔😂

Well Phil, in my opinion this is one of the differences between men and women.

Women need to be buying, doing, dreaming about, celebrating, planning something, in order to be happy. In other words they need to be stimulated somehow into happiness.

Men (or at least me), on the other hand, see most of the above as, if not chores, at least tasks to manage, and therefore more stress creating than happiness inducing. Happiness therefore comes less from any stimulation, and more from the blissful contentment of a lack of stimulation. In other words, I don't need good things to be happy, just a lack of bad.

So, to summarise and answer your question more directly, nothing going wrong equals contentment, which equals happiness, and so things must be right 🙂 🙂 🙂

• Like 1

On 12/31/2022 at 9:51 AM, dutchie01 said:

On the brink of 2023 i have the following wishes. ….

What I want in 2023, in addition to everything in Bernard’s list, is a return to the days when I didn’t want to turn off the TV News immediately after it starts.

15 minutes ago, Rabbers said:

What I want in 2023, in addition to everything in Bernard’s list, is a return to the days when I didn’t want to turn off the TV News immediately after it starts.

Well said Renato 

4 hours ago, Bluemarlin said:

Well Phil, in my opinion this is one of the differences between men and women.

Women need to be buying, doing, dreaming about, celebrating, planning something, in order to be happy. In other words they need to be stimulated somehow into happiness.

Men (or at least me), on the other hand, see most of the above as, if not chores, at least tasks to manage, and therefore more stress creating than happiness inducing. Happiness therefore comes less from any stimulation, and more from the blissful contentment of a lack of stimulation. In other words, I don't need good things to be happy, just a lack of bad.

So, to summarise and answer your question more directly, nothing going wrong equals contentment, which equals happiness, and so things must be right 🙂 🙂 🙂

Crikey Bill the New Year has given you unbridled courage 🤣, just remember everything you write is now on record forever. So come the ultimate female revolution I shall be alongside you lined up against the wall. 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Bluemarlin said:

… I don't need good things to be happy, just a lack of bad….

Not too distant from Epicurus’ belief that happiness lies in the absence of pain.  Or something like that.  Not sure he made any distinction between women and men in this regard, though.  Perhaps Phil can enlighten us. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Phil xxkr said:

Crikey Bill the New Year has given you unbridled courage 🤣, just remember everything you write is now on record forever. So come the ultimate female revolution I shall be alongside you lined up against the wall. 🤣🤣🤣

Dont worry if the firing squad is all female i am sure a fight will break out between them giving you two the opportunity to sneak out!

• Haha 2

On 12/31/2022 at 8:51 AM, dutchie01 said:

I’d rather servicing costs are lowered and we keep reliable vehicles that are serviced at least once a year. 

• Like 4

20 hours ago, Phil xxkr said:

We'd die of old age whilst they were picking out the right colour bullets 🙂

Now I'm really done for 🙂

• Haha 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links