Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

NX 2023 delivery date

On 8/24/2023 at 6:42 PM, Gary H said:

I should have held-off just a day after yesterday's post! 😄

My collection day has now been confirmed as 1st September and I've also been given my '73' plate registration number. 

At least I now know for sure I've got beige glovebox lid in mine - which I'm still unsure about...

IMG_1748.thumb.jpg.5ae2f92cb06310647c59ebed158ff7c6.jpg

I was never offered a trade-in value at the time of ordering. The reason given was because the dealer would only guarantee that price for three months. They said that right from the outset and wouldn’t even give me a rough idea of what they would offer me. I was told they would honour the price of the new NX as it was in May 2022 when I ordered it (which they have) and they worked out how much the finance would be if the car would be there after a few months. However, they said this particular part was to only give me a rough guide and wouldn't be guaranteed. They'd only honour the price of the car.  

Obviously I can’t speak for the few others who have had a similar ridiculously extended wait as I have, but I think because the dealer have on record two out of the three complaints I've made to Customer Services, they did also eventually agree to honouring the same finance/APR rate as I was quoted last May too. I will admit I was genuinely surprised by that given how much things have changed in that respect in the last near-16 months. I thought they'd try wriggle their way out of that one, but fair play... I think the only piece of positive news to come out of this whole saga with my order is that because I’ve been kept at the 'back of the queue' for so long, I'm paying upwards of £5000 less for the car than what it retails at now. They certainly won't be making all that much out of me on the finance either, after making some sums earlier. Not that I should care - the dealer and Lexus have only got themselves to blame for that. 

There's no way I'd be able to afford the car now, at current retail price. I was close to my limit as it was almost 16 months ago.

I really do wish you well with the trade-in value with your Honda. I got pretty much what I expected for my UX (give or take a few hundred pounds) and if I had to pay the current APR rates, it would have really started to sting for me. I only hope the company can get their act together on future NX orders. It would be nice if we all had similar lead times and were treated with the same priority, rather than having very long-waiting 'outliers' like myself and a few others - which it's long since become clear they don't care about. 

Great news, Deb! I thought ours would have been on the same boat given we had similar ETAs, but it looks like mine was about a week and a half (ish) ahead. Again, I've no idea what ship it came in on or when it arrived in the UK. I only got to find out it's whereabouts in the world when it actually arrived at the dealer. 🙄 

Indeed, fingers crossed you'll get 'the call' soon. I collect mine on 1st September - so just over a week to go. I genuinely can't wait for this to be all over and done with. It's been (or will be by next week) near enough 16 months of demoralising 

I have been tracking the ship our car is on and yesterday evening it made it all the way up towards the Bristol Channel. Got excited as the end was sun sight but then it went and did a u-turn and is now headed for a port in Brussels! I don’t think it even went to the port in Bristol (unless I missed something).

Why would it make it all the way towards the intended port and then turn around?? I’m very confused 🫤 

The ship name is Freesia Leader if anyone what’s to help…….

12 minutes ago, Deb said:

I have been tracking the ship our car is on and yesterday evening it made it all the way up towards the Bristol Channel. Got excited as the end was sun sight but then it went and did a u-turn and is now headed for a port in Brussels! I don’t think it even went to the port in Bristol (unless I missed something).

Why would it make it all the way towards the intended port and then turn around?? I’m very confused 🫤 

The ship name is Freesia Leader if anyone what’s to help…….

Hi @Deb

The Portbury Docks arrivals webpage (https://www.bristolport.co.uk/shipping/forward-movements) lists the Freesia Leader as arriving on Friday September 1st.

Not sure why it did a u-turn though. What port is it heading for in Brussels? According to the above webpage, Zeebrugge is it's final destination.

Just now, Andy B said:

Hi @Deb

The Portbury Docks arrivals webpage (https://www.bristolport.co.uk/shipping/forward-movements) lists the Freesia Leader as arriving on Friday September 1st.

Not sure why it did a u-turn though. What port is it heading for in Brussels? According to the above webpage, Zeebrugge is it's final destination.

Hi.

Well as I have been watching the ships progress, it was stating that its final destination was Portbury and its ETA was Saturday 26th August at 19.00. Then, it seemed to come to a stop, turn around and its new location is being quoted as Zeebrugee in Brussels! 

If this port is its final destination, why would our car be unloaded there? Maybe it has to get on another ship?

Very strange as Lexus customer relations told me in an email a couple of weeks ago that the ship is due to dock in Portbury by 5th September?

🤷🏻‍♀️ 

1 minute ago, Deb said:

Hi.

Well as I have been watching the ships progress, it was stating that its final destination was Portbury and its ETA was Saturday 26th August at 19.00. Then, it seemed to come to a stop, turn around and its new location is being quoted as Zeebrugee in Brussels! 

If this port is its final destination, why would our car be unloaded there? Maybe it has to get on another ship?

Very strange as Lexus customer relations told me in an email a couple of weeks ago that the ship is due to dock in Portbury by 5th September?

🤷🏻‍♀️

It does seem a bit strange.

I don't know anything about the logistics of ship movements and docking so I can't say what has happened here. I doubt that your car would be unloaded at Zeebrugge and then make it's final journey to Portbury on a different vessel, but who knows? FWIW, that's definitely not the way my car got here in 2022.

Maybe there was insufficient capacity for the ship to dock at Portbury yesterday so the decision was made to carry on to Zeebrugge (and unload cargo destined for Brussels) before returning to Portbury to fulfil the UK deliveries? Just a wild guess.

• Like 1

I believe some of the larger ships are unable to dock at Portbury and therefore the ship travels to Zeebrugge where the UK destined cars are transferred to a smaller vessel for the final leg to Portbury.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Deb said:

Hi.

🤷🏻‍♀️

As said, it could just be some "shipping reason" - Portbury too busy or even the weather.

Hopefully it still gets there by 5th September.

4 hours ago, Andy B said:

It does seem a bit strange.

I don't know anything about the logistics of ship movements and docking so I can't say what has happened here. I doubt that your car would be unloaded at Zeebrugge and then make it's final journey to Portbury on a different vessel, but who knows? FWIW, that's definitely not the way my car got here in 2022.

Maybe there was insufficient capacity for the ship to dock at Portbury yesterday so the decision was made to carry on to Zeebrugge (and unload cargo destined for Brussels) before returning to Portbury to fulfil the UK deliveries? Just a wild guess.

Just looked at ships location and it’s now saying it’s due in at Brixham port at 8pm this evening?

I didn’t even know Brixham had the capacity for a larger cargo ship?

Will be interesting to see if it does actually dock here later on…

• Confused 1

I just joined this forum which I have been watching up to multiple times each day since I ordered my NX450+PP on 28 October 2022.

I want to say thank you for the emotional share, information, tips and knowledge which helped me navigate a long wait in a vacuum of information which culminated in definitive news that my car was awaiting its final checks last week, and my dealer calling me on Wednesday this week to tell me that he would deliver the car to my home on Friday 25 August 2023.

Since its arrival, I have managed to set up Lexus Link +, got apple CarPlay running, plugged in, fully charged, and spent time figuring out and driving a superb vehicle that is EV quiet, comfortable, nippy, and almost able to drive itself. For those of you still waiting, the wait is worth it.

The car, which is a 2024 model with 14" and 'moon roof' looks great in Sonic Titanium with Hazel trim and black alloys. It arrived with a paper manual and one key, and the promise of another key in a week.

I am back from the first motorway and country lane blast, which took me to Castle Combe, and I am looking forward to much more of that.

• Like 6

25 minutes ago, klayne said:

I just joined this forum which I have been watching up to multiple times each day since I ordered my NX450+PP on 28 October 2022.

I want to say thank you for the emotional share, information, tips and knowledge which helped me navigate a long wait in a vacuum of information which culminated in definitive news that my car was awaiting its final checks last week, and my dealer calling me on Wednesday this week to tell me that he would deliver the car to my home on Friday 25 August 2023.

Since its arrival, I have managed to set up Lexus Link +, got Apple CarPlay running, plugged in, fully charged, and spent time figuring out and driving a superb vehicle that is EV quiet, comfortable, nippy, and almost able to drive itself. For those of you still waiting, the wait is worth it.

The car, which is a 2024 model with 14" and 'moon roof' looks great in Sonic Titanium with Hazel trim and black alloys. It arrived with a paper manual and one key, and the promise of another key in a week.

I am back from the first motorway and country lane blast, which took me to Castle Combe, and I am looking forward to much more of that.

Happy motoring! It is indeed a great car.  I have now covered 14000 miles in mine. Hazel interior and moon roof combo helps keeps the interior light.

How incredibly odd @Deb. To get so close to Portbury and then...turn around?! 🤔 There must be something weird and wonderful which we don't know about... I suspect @Ken R offers the best explanation amongst us, here. 

8 minutes ago, klayne said:

Since its arrival, I have managed to set up Lexus Link +, got Apple CarPlay running, plugged in, fully charged, and spent time figuring out and driving a superb vehicle that is EV quiet, comfortable, nippy, and almost able to drive itself. For those of you still waiting, the wait is worth it.

Welcome to the forum, Kurt! I hope you're well! I suspect if you've been keeping an eye on this forum and particularly this thread, you probably feel as though you already know some of us!

Believe me, this place has been literally my number one source of information. If it wasn't for this place with some incredibly helpful members, I would have still been completely in the dark with regards to my May 2022 order until the last couple of months. In the last twenty years of buying new cars (I can extend that to 25 if I also include my father's that I've been involved with), I have never come across not only a wait of this nature but also such a lack of care/information from the brand. It has genuinely astounded me - and that's a hard thing to do. 

As things stand...and there's still time for something else to go wrong with my order given how the rest of it has been treated...I'm due to collect my NX this coming Friday, which will be 1st September. At least I know the car is sitting there at the dealer now, which is genuinely reliving and came as welcome news. I believe mine is also a MY24 car, but that's purely down to what I've been told on here. Otherwise I'd be none the wiser. Also, even though I know the car is there, I still haven't been told anything about the second key/locking wheel nut issues and if I'm affected or not. I'm assuming others who have theirs were lumped with this disappointing news on collection day.

I'll very likely be discussing the business of whether it's been worth the 16 month wait or not over the next couple of weeks or so. It's been an incredibly long time coming, this car. Notably more than most.

All I can say is fingers crossed all goes well, or as well as can be, for me on 1st September. 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Deb said:

Just looked at ships location and it’s now saying it’s due in at Brixham port at 8pm this evening?

I didn’t even know Brixham had the capacity for a larger cargo ship?

Will be interesting to see if it does actually dock here later on…

It sounds like it's on a booze cruise..

• Haha 3

53 minutes ago, Ken R said:

Not good news this morning for those awaiting orders.                                  BBC News - Toyota halts all Japan assembly plants due to glitch

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-66643936

Yes I saw that ☹️🙈🙈

That’s not good news at all. So, the component shortages continue... The Japanese seem to be really struggling to recover from Covid/lockdowns. It’s clear at the moment the JIT model (Just In Time) is coming back to bite them time and time again. The company have already tarnished their reputation with the way they've treated and ignored long-outstanding orders as it is. This will just make matters worse.

I wonder if any Lexus dealers will be contacting waiting customers over the coming days/weeks...? I've no doubt the 'better' dealers out there will make a effort, but if you have a...'less than good'...dealer, prepare yourself for months on end of complete 'radio silence'.  

If it comes as any scant consolation to those left in ‘the queue’ for an NX (and there really can't be many, now), just remember it's taking me 16 months to get my hands on an NX350h. A few others have waited even longer than that. If you're going to be told a new lead time of a year or under - and I mean this in good spirit - consider yourself lucky.

9 hours ago, DavidCM said:

....or maybe it's like the Air Traffic problems,resolved within a few hours,plus some "hangover" time.

Latest reports are that production is back to normal levels again.

• Like 1

Looks like it’s on route to Derby. 
what is the time scale from there to my dealer. 
Not had any emails from my dealer since the start of August saying still on track. All the info has come from the app. 

IMG_2381.jpeg

IMG_2382.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gaazzared said:

Not had any emails from my dealer since the start of August saying still on track. All the info has come from the app. 

IMG_2381.jpeg

IMG_2382.png

You’re so lucky! As far as I know my car is stuck on a ship at a port in Brussels! Been there a few days now so no idea when we’ll get ours! 

I wish our car had come over on the same ship as yours!

My app still says ‘left the factory’ 😒 

1 hour ago, Gaazzared said:

IMG_2381.jpeg

IMG_2382.png

That is a variable depending on which bits are missing, what bits they will ship without and what extras you have ordered. They seem to be still releasing with 1 key fob and no wheel bolts)

mine took 2 weeks (inc a bank holiday weekend) which seems to be the “norm” then a week at dealership.

others have reported 6 weeks ( when the would not initially release without wheel locking bolts ) someone said they got it within a week.

my dealer would not confirm any dates till the got confirmation from Derby
you are almost there !!!!!!

Just phoned my dealer to say that I just had an email to say that it is at Lexus UK hub and she says that’s it still showing as left the factory in Japan on her system. 
let’s hope it is here. 

On 8/27/2023 at 7:28 PM, Gary H said:

How incredibly odd @Deb. To get so close to Portbury and then...turn around?! 🤔 There must be something weird and wonderful which we don't know about... I suspect @Ken R offers the best explanation amongst us, here. 

Welcome to the forum, Kurt! I hope you're well! I suspect if you've been keeping an eye on this forum and particularly this thread, you probably feel as though you already know some of us!

Believe me, this place has been literally my number one source of information. If it wasn't for this place with some incredibly helpful members, I would have still been completely in the dark with regards to my May 2022 order until the last couple of months. In the last twenty years of buying new cars (I can extend that to 25 if I also include my father's that I've been involved with), I have never come across not only a wait of this nature but also such a lack of care/information from the brand. It has genuinely astounded me - and that's a hard thing to do. 

As things stand...and there's still time for something else to go wrong with my order given how the rest of it has been treated...I'm due to collect my NX this coming Friday, which will be 1st September. At least I know the car is sitting there at the dealer now, which is genuinely reliving and came as welcome news. I believe mine is also a MY24 car, but that's purely down to what I've been told on here. Otherwise I'd be none the wiser. Also, even though I know the car is there, I still haven't been told anything about the second key/locking wheel nut issues and if I'm affected or not. I'm assuming others who have theirs were lumped with this disappointing news on collection day.

I'll very likely be discussing the business of whether it's been worth the 16 month wait or not over the next couple of weeks or so. It's been an incredibly long time coming, this car. Notably more than most.

All I can say is fingers crossed all goes well, or as well as can be, for me on 1st September. 

Hi there, 

The wait is finally over, I'm picking up my 350H Takumi tomorrow 1st Sep 73 Plate, it's been a long journey. 

I placed the order on 28th Feb 2022 and being told Jan 23 for collection, then the collection date went up and up. Finally got the call from Lexus UK Head office that my car is with the Dealer on July 12 23, called the dealer straight away and asked him we're good for 1st Sep 73 Plate, he said we can't really keep the car for so long without Registrating it, but he'll try to do something, I said please try I've waited patiently, he said because of the long wait, the 1st service will be FOC, and to just wait for pick up, I was very fortunate got the call from him a week before 1st Sep. 

I went to see him 2 days ago to start paying for the car he said if you take all 4 add on's 

Ceramic coating, Lexus smart protect, Dascams, Gap Cover I'll just pay for 3 which I did. 

I just asked him can I see what the smart wallet key looks like only for the Takumi spec, he said to a recent up date from Lexus it's no longer offered, I will only get 1 key fob and 1 key blade only and later on will get the key blade fob. 

• Like 1

Well, *in theory* it’s the big day tomorrow. Put the balloons and fireworks on standby! Now that Lexus has made sure almost everyone else from first half of 2022 orders (quite a bit later too...) have already long enjoyed ‘the cake’ of having an NX, it’s finally my own collection day after a grand total of 16 months of waiting. It’s a day which I honestly thought as approached the ‘first anniversary’ mark back in May would never likely happen - at a time when I felt at about my absolute lowest point with this order and the supplying dealer. It was getting to the point I thought the company was hoping I’d die before they’d finally dust off my old order form stuck at the bottom of the pile, scramble together some left-over parts from other completed orders and actually build it.

I’ve not physically seen the car. Just two low quality pictures. One of the front end of the car and that interior shot through the window, as I shown on here. I’ve never had any tracking details for it when it left the factory or heck, even when it was built. No e-mail from them to confirm anything other than my initial order either - and even that I had to wait for. It just eventually (and no doubt reluctantly) ‘turned up’ at the dealer. In my humble opinion, my order has never mattered to the company. It does genuinely seem that the longer you have to wait for an NX, the less you’re thought of.

There’s been so much silence, unknowns and negativity throughout the majority of this time that tomorrow certainly isn’t going to be the usual ‘happy day’ of collecting a new car. I’m not particularly looking forward going to the dealer that has spent the bulk of the last sixteen months effectively avoiding any sort of contact with me wherever possible, only resorting to brief scraps of information when I’ve had to complain to Customer Relations. It’s simply going to be a day of relief for me and hopefully draw a line under the whole fiasco. 

With any luck, this should be one of the last times I’ll be posting to this thread - just popping back to perhaps to tie up any loose ends if necessary.

(*Why did I say ‘in theory’ - I’m aware of a possible situation which may arise when I turn up tomorrow 🙄🤦‍♂️. No, I can’t say I’m surprised in the slightest but more on that after I’ve actually collected the car)

On 8/30/2023 at 3:12 PM, HMT said:

my dealer would not confirm any dates till the got confirmation from Derby
you are almost there !!!!!!

That’s good! I only got to find out the car arrived in the UK when it turned up at the dealer...!

5 hours ago, S Dhuper said:

Hi there, 

The wait is finally over, I'm picking up my 350H Takumi tomorrow 1st Sep 73 Plate, it's been a long journey. 

I placed the order on 28th Feb 2022 and being told Jan 23 for collection, then the collection date went up and up. Finally got the call from Lexus UK Head office that my car is with the Dealer on July 12 23, called the dealer straight away and asked him we're good for 1st Sep 73 Plate, he said we can't really keep the car for so long without Registrating it, but he'll try to do something, I said please try I've waited patiently, he said because of the long wait, the 1st service will be FOC, and to just wait for pick up, I was very fortunate got the call from him a week before 1st Sep. 

I went to see him 2 days ago to start paying for the car he said if you take all 4 add on's 

Ceramic coating, Lexus smart protect, Dascams, Gap Cover I'll just pay for 3 which I did. 

I just asked him can I see what the smart wallet key looks like only for the Takumi spec, he said to a recent up date from Lexus it's no longer offered, I will only get 1 key fob and 1 key blade only and later on will get the key blade fob. 

Glad to hear your long wait, like mine, is now pretty much over! 👍 After such a long wait, the dealer should be very accommodating towards registration requests of that nature. As I've said before, there's absolutely no way I would accept a car within a few months of a plate change. I'd expect something pretty special from the dealer to tempt me otherwise. 

Well done on getting the free service. You've probably read the dealer are going to honour the finance agreement from 16 months ago for my own extensive wait (which at the time was only a 'rough guide' and not guaranteed like the price of the car), which of course would be considerably different today. If it wasn't for that, getting more money again for my trade-in UX or a free service was going to be my next step. 

I've not opted for any of the paint protection e.t.c. to mine. I'm incredibly fussy over car detailing anyway and what they offer is something I can effectively do on my own car over the coming few months anyway. I also have my own dashcam - although I'm planning on upgrading soon anyway. 

Thanks for the heads-up on the key situation. No doubt I'll tell you and everyone else how it came to me in this respect as I do plan on creating my own thread for it. 

I really hope it all goes well for your collection tomorrow - as I do hope all goes well with mine. It's certainly planned for tomorrow but as I just said above, I've been made aware of a 'situation' only today which may possibly potentially delay that. I would be unlucky though - but given our own extensive waits above and beyond most other orders by a considerable margin, that really would be typical of my luck! 

2 hours ago, szhrmp said:

how much do the add-ons cost?

what is smart protect? 

Hi there, 

Smart protect is any scuffs, dings, Bumber, scratches, bodywork as long as it's not more than 30cm they'll come to your house to repair, cost is one off £500.00 for 3 years 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links