Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

NX 2023 delivery date

2 hours ago, Dippo said:

According to the Portbury Dock website, the Oregon Highway is due to arrive on 25 February.

https://www.bristolport.co.uk/shipping/forward-movements

That’s very interesting….I was told she’d dock on March 8th. She’s currently approaching Suez, due tomorrow….

0238D4E5-379B-4737-A2B3-C607D2CBE7E9.jpeg

• Like 1

After waiting for almost a year, I have finally given up hope and brought a 2020 RX from a different Lexus dealer.

The main worrying factor was the lack of communication from my local dealer even after multiple emails and phone calls. Last update in October saying that delivery has been postponed again.

Thought of leaving the Lexus brand, but difficult to make that decision based on one dealers interaction. 

Now to cancel my order and get the refund back. Not looking forward to service visits.

So I will be moving to the RX forum, hoping everyone get their cars as early as possible.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, Andyml said:

That’s very interesting….I was told she’d dock on March 8th. She’s currently approaching Suez, due tomorrow….

0238D4E5-379B-4737-A2B3-C607D2CBE7E9.jpeg

Suez to Livorno in Italy. Then Portbury where all UK cars will be unloaded. Later Zeebrugge and other scandinavian ports. 

I must admit, I am getting a little impatient waiting for our new NX350H! I know we only placed the order in September 2022 but the thought of having to wait until September this year is killing me! I'm starting to look at other brands now too.....

2 hours ago, Deb said:

I must admit, I am getting a little impatient waiting for our new NX350H! I know we only placed the order in September 2022 but the thought of having to wait until September this year is killing me! I'm starting to look at other brands now too.....

I must admit that I wavered at various points in my wait (ordered 24th January 2022, took delivery 24th January 2023) but I am now glad that I waited - it is a lovely car both to drive and in terms of comfort, economy and technology (IMHO).

Having said that, I'm sure that some of the competitors are equally good.  Personally, I felt that the car and the price I was getting the car for made it worth the wait; I'd understand if other people's circumstances LED them to the opposite conclusion though.

2 hours ago, Deb said:

Hi Deb, I am in the same camp, ordered Sep22 just before price increases and then they stopped taking new orders. I have ordered NX350h FSport with panoramic sunroof. I got a good deal from my dealer, priced at 50k after discounts. I am also looking for other brands but finding it hard to match price, performance and spec on other brands compared to NX. Any suggestions on brand/make?

1 hour ago, VJ25 said:

Hi Deb, I am in the same camp, ordered Sep22 just before price increases and then they stopped taking new orders. I have ordered NX350h FSport with panoramic sunroof. I got a good deal from my dealer, priced at 50k after discounts. I am also looking for other brands but finding it hard to match price, performance and spec on other brands compared to NX. Any suggestions on brand/make?

It's crazy how the prices have risen since release. My 450h+ F Sport cost bit under £51k after discounts the dealer had to apply due to fluctuations in used car prices from order to delivery. 

Hi VJ25, we also got a good deal on our 350h. Price literally went up around £5k the following day! Been looking at various brands, BMW, Audi, Mercedes. Trouble is, like you said, it's trying to find a vehicle that matches at the same price point. Had we have ordered the 350h and taken quick delivery of it, we most likely wouldn't even be questioning our decision....

I ordered a 350H in early July 2022 with a 12 month estimated delivery date, which dealer still expects to be the case. I think the next 6 weeks will be interesting. Toyota group production in japan has gone from a steady 250000 cars a month to 300000 planned in February and 350000 for March. Production outwith japan planned to fall, which suggests they are prioritising chips etc to probably higher margin Japanese production. Has NX production gone up? Should find out in coming weeks. I’ll take a view then.

59 minutes ago, Clinkers said:

I ordered a 350H in early July 2022 with a 12 month estimated delivery date, which dealer still expects to be the case. I think the next 6 weeks will be interesting. Toyota group production in japan has gone from a steady 250000 cars a month to 300000 planned in February and 350000 for March. Production outwith japan planned to fall, which suggests they are prioritising chips etc to probably higher margin Japanese production. Has NX production gone up? Should find out in coming weeks. I’ll take a view then.

I ordered my NX 350h FSport in blue, white leather with sunroof on 2 Feb 22. Went into production 6 Feb 23. Just had notification that it has been built 15 Feb 23. 

How do I find out what shop it will be on? 

On 2/14/2023 at 9:53 PM, Klaudiusz said:

Suez to Livorno in Italy. Then Portbury where all UK cars will be unloaded. Later Zeebrugge and other scandinavian ports. 

Looks like she’s bypassing Livorno but bound for Segunto near Valencia in Spain - eta 21Feb. 

7697ABBC-8CE9-4535-BAD1-01CB691B7C79.jpeg

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Delboy wilts said:

Had confirmation that my NX450h has been built and dealer says should be available end of March.

ref manuals both my NX300 had hard copies.

there are good tutorials on utube for most models

Wow, congrats, which grade did you order 

11 minutes ago, Delboy wilts said:

NX450h+ Premium plus

That's what I have. Apart from the Lexus Link and fuel flap issues it's a great car. Lexus need to get their act together to address these issues though as we are a year down the line now.

Hello everyone, I'm new here, I ordered a lexus 350 h, Sonic,  Prestige plus tech. The order was placed on January 22. There is no production report yet. Only information from the seller that as soon as he sees the car in production, the delivery will take about 3 months. How do you see in the application that the car is already in production? Do you already have a Vin code from the seller, or according to which registration number can the vehicle be tracked?

2 hours ago, Fine jack said:

Hello everyone, I'm new here, I ordered a lexus 350 h, Sonic,  Prestige plus tech. The order was placed on January 22. There is no production report yet. Only information from the seller that as soon as he sees the car in production, the delivery will take about 3 months. How do you see in the application that the car is already in production? Do you already have a Vin code from the seller, or according to which registration number can the vehicle be tracked?

Hello, welcome to the forum. 

I track the order status via Lexus Link app. In the app I can see the order number from the dealer and the current status of the order. Mine stands at 'order in progress' which I believe will change to 'build in progress' when the build starts. Subsequent statuses let you track the shipping status of the vehicle apparently. Vin number is not provided until the build is complete.

A good dealer will set up the app for you and keep in touch by various means through out the order cycle. Mine does. January 2022 is long time so definitely check with your dealer regarding your status - many people have gotten the delivery already even after placing the order much later in 2022.

My order placed in August 22 and current expected time of delivery is June 23. 450h+ FSport Takumi.

In May '22 (can't remember the exact date to hand, but it was towards the end of the month), I ordered an NX350h Takumi, in Terrane Khaki with the Hazel Smooth leather and panoramic roof. I was told the estimated lead time would be twelve months - so May '23 for delivery. I was okay with that as my current 20 plate UX250h remains with me until this September (I thought it was March when it turned three years old, but it turns out it's on a three and half year deal...).

At the time of ordering, the dealer told me to not worry about that (at this point I thought I'd have to change cars this March) as Lexus would 'see' I have a new car on order and would extend my current deal until the new car arrives. I don't know how true that is, but I'd be interested to hear from others. I was also told not to expect to hear news of any progress with regards to a build date until around Christmas. I was also told there would be 'a wait' after the car has been built as it takes approximately eight weeks to ship across. I duly paid my £1000 deposit and left. 

Christmas came and went and I hadn't heard a thing from the dealer, so I paid them a visit. Whilst they were very polite, they basically had no news at all. No progress reports over those seven months - no nothing. The salesman was perfectly honest with me, smiled, shrugged his shoulders and said all he's giving customers at the moment over lead times is bad news. I can't say I felt overly optimistic when I left.

I called them a week or so ago for a progress report, thinking surely by now they would have something on their system. Especially given we know the order books for the NX are now closed. Sadly not. Still no build date, no sign of any progress - no nothing. Just a simple "You might be looking at June, but we've had a few customer's cars coming in a few weeks sooner, so it could still be May...". So, there's a possibility it's gone back a month (so a 13 month wait) and if I hadn't have called, I wouldn't have known any better. 

Basically, it's me that's had to do the chasing. They've not been in touch with me with any updates. Maybe that's my fault for not being more active in this? However, having seen other fellow members getting updates from their own dealers does make me a little frustrated by my dealer, I will admit.

I haven't been set up with any apps to monitor progress. Until I started scanning through this thread, I didn't know such a thing was available to be honest. The dealer has never mentioned it to me. 

If I had some form of progress report and could see I was working my way up the queue I'd probably feel a little easier over this, but without so much as a build date (or when to expect one) after almost nine months of waiting, I have to say faith in the company as a whole has taken quite a knock. I'm an incredibly patient person and I know I'm probably worrying a little too early at this stage, but time is ticking on now. I've largely left the dealer in peace as we all know the situation with regards to chip shortages but I'll be interested to know if any other members with NX's on order can relate to such a lengthy time without any progress on their new car at all. I do honestly feel as though I've been forgotten about. I'll need to know over the next month or two what's going on because if it's bad news, I'll need to either arrange to keep my UX more long term or start frantically looking elsewhere for a replacement. 

11 minutes ago, Gary H said:

In May '22 (can't remember the exact date to hand, but it was towards the end of the month), I ordered an NX350h Takumi, in Terrane Khaki with the Hazel Smooth leather and panoramic roof. I was told the estimated lead time would be twelve months - so May '23 for delivery. I was okay with that as my current 20 plate UX250h remains with me until this September (I thought it was March when it turned three years old, but it turns out it's on a three and half year deal...).

At the time of ordering, the dealer told me to not worry about that (at this point I thought I'd have to change cars this March) as Lexus would 'see' I have a new car on order and would extend my current deal until the new car arrives. I don't know how true that is, but I'd be interested to hear from others. I was also told not to expect to hear news of any progress with regards to a build date until around Christmas. I was also told there would be 'a wait' after the car has been built as it takes approximately eight weeks to ship across. I duly paid my £1000 deposit and left. 

Christmas came and went and I hadn't heard a thing from the dealer, so I paid them a visit. Whilst they were very polite, they basically had no news at all. No progress reports over those seven months - no nothing. The salesman was perfectly honest with me, smiled, shrugged his shoulders and said all he's giving customers at the moment over lead times is bad news. I can't say I felt overly optimistic when I left.

I called them a week or so ago for a progress report, thinking surely by now they would have something on their system. Especially given we know the order books for the NX are now closed. Sadly not. Still no build date, no sign of any progress - no nothing. Just a simple "You might be looking at June, but we've had a few customer's cars coming in a few weeks sooner, so it could still be May...". So, there's a possibility it's gone back a month (so a 13 month wait) and if I hadn't have called, I wouldn't have known any better. 

Basically, it's me that's had to do the chasing. They've not been in touch with me with any updates. Maybe that's my fault for not being more active in this? However, having seen other fellow members getting updates from their own dealers does make me a little frustrated by my dealer, I will admit.

I haven't been set up with any apps to monitor progress. Until I started scanning through this thread, I didn't know such a thing was available to be honest. The dealer has never mentioned it to me. 

If I had some form of progress report and could see I was working my way up the queue I'd probably feel a little easier over this, but without so much as a build date (or when to expect one) after almost nine months of waiting, I have to say faith in the company as a whole has taken quite a knock. I'm an incredibly patient person and I know I'm probably worrying a little too early at this stage, but time is ticking on now. I've largely left the dealer in peace as we all know the situation with regards to chip shortages but I'll be interested to know if any other members with NX's on order can relate to such a lengthy time without any progress on their new car at all. I do honestly feel as though I've been forgotten about. I'll need to know over the next month or two what's going on because if it's bad news, I'll need to either arrange to keep my UX more long term or start frantically looking elsewhere for a replacement. 

Hi Gary - It seems it’s 12 months for delivery for most of us….I ordered early March 22 and it’s on the Oregon Highway right now in the Med. The Lexus app has been mostly useless - it’s currently showing “Build in Progress” can you believe?. My dealership haven’t been overly informative so I’ve had to chase….I’d say it’s worth your while dropping Lexus UK HQ a line and asking them for an update. They were helpful to me and let me know which vessel it was loaded on to. 

Hope you get some encouraging news soon… 👍👍

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links