Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

NX 2023 delivery date

57 minutes ago, Deb said:

That would be crazy if you receive your car before others that have been waiting 12 months plus!

We ordered September 22 and have been told the car is built and on its way. Delivery will be end of September.

Not sure why or how your vehicle seems to have skipped the queue! Not your fault of course, but Lexus are really annoying me at this point 😠 They have majorly messed up the NX orders and deliveries since it launched 👎

Like you, I would not be happy with Lexus if there were indeed "special orders" that skip the normal waiting time.

I ordered just before you I think, but am still unsure about build / delivery.☹️☹️

26 minutes ago, Scotlex said:

Like you, I would not be happy with Lexus if there were indeed "special orders" that skip the normal waiting time.

I ordered just before you I think, but am still unsure about build / delivery.☹️☹️

It’s a nightmare isn’t it! To be honest, we are being told our cars built and it’s on a ship but without being able to track it ourselves, who knows 🤷🏻‍♀️ 

Only time will tell…..

4 hours ago, Deb said:

It’s a nightmare isn’t it! To be honest, we are being told our cars built and it’s on a ship but without being able to track it ourselves, who knows 🤷🏻‍♀️ 

Only time will tell…..

Dealer should be able to give you the name of the ship.

9 minutes ago, Ken R said:

Apparently not! I’ve asked a couple of times and they just keep telling me the app/my Lexus thing is only way to track 🙄 so blooming frustrating 

• Sad 2

6 hours ago, Gaazzared said:

Ordered my NX350H Premium pack Lexus Link Pro in April, was told delivery would be December. Now been told that my car has been built and waiting to go on the ship and should receive it by the end of September. Order still showing on app and website as “processing order”. 

Super strange, I ordered in August last year and as per latest communication from dealer last week there is no manufacturing date assigned yet. I wish they use proper queue for delivery.

37 minutes ago, Deb said:

Apparently not! I’ve asked a couple of times and they just keep telling me the app/my Lexus thing is only way to track 🙄 so blooming frustrating 

I emailed Lexus customer relations and they replied the next day with the ship name,  not a problem for them at all.

cr@lexus.co.uk

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Deb said:

I asked my dealer and they told me. Wasn't straightforward and took them a bit of work. I'd suggest your dealer is being lazy. Of course Lexus knows what cars they have on what ships, as Michael was able to find out. Once you know the ship name, it can be tracked using one of the (free) marine tracking apps.

• Like 3

Well finally got my car. Great drive .. except for the continuous messages profile not linked, enter password. I had read of that issue on here but was assured at dealer it would not happen. Not a good start. Now to search here for the solution.

13 hours ago, BillSt said:

Well finally got my car. Great drive .. except for the continuous messages profile not linked, enter password. I had read of that issue on here but was assured at dealer it would not happen. Not a good start. Now to search here for the solution.

Bill, please ensure that the login details that you are entering are the same as those you have used for the Lexus Link app and the MyLexus website. If that still doesn't work - try a password reset via one of those 2 systems and then try again in the car (using the new password).

Hope this helps.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Deb said:

I have called Lexus customer service and they were able to tell me the ship where my car is on. Ever since that happened, I have tracked the ship on my own rather than waiting for the dealer to give me an update.

• Like 2

My experience with Customer Relations isn't the best unfortunately. Cutting a long story short - my three separate e-mail to them has resulted in the following:

1st - No reply from them. Coincidentally the dealer got in touch a few days later to basically give me the same non-information I'd received previously - hence my e-mail to Customer Relations in the first place. 

2nd - No reply at all. E-mail seemingly 'lost'. 

3rd - A phone call basically confirming they'd received the second e-mail but for whatever reason it wasn't acted upon. I did get an apology for that. Also, confirmation that my first e-mail was simply forwarded to the dealer...only for them to tell me the same 'nothing' as before. (More did happen following this, but out of decency and respect, I'd rather not discuss that publicly whilst my order remains outstanding).

So from my experience, they seem to just pass it straight back to the dealer rather than taking things 'higher up' - which, yes, if you read my previous posts you'll know the saga. 

On 8/8/2023 at 10:13 PM, Richolf said:

I had an email from my dealer yesterday, according to their systems they are currently expecting my car in early October so that’s 4 months from placing the order.  So it does seem Lexus are now back up to speed on orders, but I do hope they are not building new orders at the expense of old.  I would have been quite happy to wait and financially would have been better the longer I had left it

Obviously this has nothing to do with customers like ourselves, but my gut feeling is that this is pretty much what has been happening with new NX builds for some time. Just reading through this thread (and a few others), it's clear that some cars have been coming in notably quicker than others and there are some out there, like myself, who are seeing orders fulfilled some two, three, four months younger than our own (sometimes beyond that...). 

It would be interesting to see how they do actually decide what's to be built and what's left, if that isn't happening. 

On 8/9/2023 at 12:21 PM, Scotlex said:

This is something I'm thinking of how to constructively discuss with the dealer when it comes to sorting the finance/trade-in of my existing UX. Maybe on collection day. I've not decided yet. I'll just play it by here and see how they deal with me after what's likely to be a sixteen month wait first.

I'm not happy with the waiting time at all, especially when I was told that twelve months would be the worst case scenario. The general 'silence' from then and seeing younger orders completed sooner has just added fuel to the fire for the 'left behind', (dare I say this) 'non-priority' customers like myself and a few others on here. 

It's very much an issue Lexus need to front-up and actively address with NX customers who have waited comfortably over twelve months in my opinion. Especially if they want to stand a chance of repairing their reputation and securing any future business.  

22 hours ago, Ken R said:

Not in my case, unfortunately Ken. I've just been told it's..."at sea"...and that it's on..."a ship". 

If I'm honest, given my experiences over the last fifteen months, I'm a little surprised they knew even that much...

• Sad 1

22 hours ago, imgo said:

I emailed Lexus customer relations and they replied the next day with the ship name,  not a problem for them at all.

cr@lexus.co.uk

Well, I contacted Lexus via this email address this afternoon and literally got a reply within an hour!

I now have the ship name etc but I have no idea how to track it?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Deb said:

Well, I contacted Lexus via this email address this afternoon and literally got a reply within an hour!

Marinetraffic.com

Register for an account, you don't need to pay but it helps to remember your 'fleet'

Just enter the ship name in the search at the top.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 8/10/2023 at 4:40 PM, Deb said:

What ship is your car on?

I am still no further forward with mine 🙈

On 8/10/2023 at 4:40 PM, Deb said:

Deb

Try   Marine Traffic  Register for the free version then search your ship name

3 hours ago, Scotlex said:

What ship is your car on?

I am still no further forward with mine 🙈

It’s on the Freesia Leader which is due to dock at Portbury dock on the 5/09/23. They said it should be at Southampton for collection by 29 September.

I got nowhere with dealer either so I simply emailed Lexus Customer Relations at: cr@toyota.co.uk and they replied almost straight away with all the details!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hillie said:

Deb

Try   Marine Traffic  Register for the free version then search your ship name

Yes thank you, I have this app now but it isn’t very good! Doesn’t update very often from what I can tell!

1 hour ago, Deb said:

Yes thank you, I have this app now but it isn’t very good! Doesn’t update very often from what I can tell!

I used Fleetmon.com Not sure how often its updated but I plotted my ship's position twice a day for the duration and the ship had always moved!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Deb said:

It updates whenever the ship nears some land where its ID transmission can be received. It was a little sparse when crossing Indian Ocean but only a couple of days to wait for update. You can pay for satellite updates but I felt it not worth it. It is possible to estimate fairly accurately knowing previous location and speed.  It will be in Suez in 3 days 

IMG_6386.jpeg

IMG_6385.jpeg

2 minutes ago, BillSt said:

It updates whenever the ship nears some land where its ID transmission can be received. It was a little sparse when crossing Indian Ocean but only a couple of days to wait for update. You can pay for satellite updates but I felt it not worth it. It is possible to estimate fairly accurately knowing previous location and speed.  It will be in Suez in 3 days 

IMG_6386.jpeg

IMG_6385.jpeg

I appreciate that, thank you!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Deb said:

I appreciate that, thank you!

Deb, If it anything like mine the route will be Japan to Egypt then to Liverno in Italy and then Bristol. You can track its arrival in Bristol via the following website

https://www.bristolport.co.uk/shipping/forward-movements

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MarcG said:

Deb, If it anything like mine the route will be Japan to Egypt then to Liverno in Italy and then Bristol. You can track its arrival in Bristol via the following website

https://www.bristolport.co.uk/shipping/forward-movements

That’s great! Thanks very much 😊 🙏 

1 minute ago, Deb said:

That’s great! Thanks very much 😊 🙏 

I went onto the link you provided and located our ship name. It says that its ETA is 25/08/23? Do you know if this is the date it’s due to dock at Bristol? We were told by Lexus it’s due 05/09/23??

5 hours ago, Deb said:

It’s on the Freesia Leader which is due to dock at Portbury dock on the 5/09/23. They said it should be at Southampton for collection by 29 September.

I got nowhere with dealer either so I simply emailed Lexus Customer Relations at: cr@toyota.co.uk and they replied almost straight away with all the details!

Hopefully mine is on the same ship (but I wouldn't put any money on it 🙄)

I'll try to find out.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links