Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Are you looking for a RX400h?

I have traded-in my RX400h recently, so it may come to the market through eBay / AutoTrader with a dealer soon. I can recommend this car as a above average condition. If you see this registration for sale and you are interested in buying, you are more than welcome to PM me for more details on this car.

RX400h reg: GV08 HPN  63,000 miles.

• Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Sundance said:

And I'm sure that you'll be interested to see the margin that the dealer will be seeking on the sale too eh? 😉

Yes, that will be high! Mainly because they have to supply a warranty. There is a lot to go wrong on a Lexus.......... but as we know, they are fairly reliable even over 10 years old.

My aim was to give a heads-up of a car that I considered to be a good one.

• Thanks 2

I appreciate your point David and thanks for the heads-up although it's sadly a month too late for me as I'm now suited. 😉

As an aside I just think that any dealer's 'warranty' on a 14 year old car would be very restricted and probably not too much of a burden on their cashflow.

• Like 3

On 1/19/2023 at 10:24 PM, Sundance said:

As an aside I just think that any dealer's 'warranty' on a 14 year old car would be very restricted and probably not too much of a burden on their cashflow.

I tend to agree with you Rowley.

13 hours ago, royoftherovers said:

The Dealer has to offer the Stautory Warranty( his legal obligation ) and that could be very expensive indeed.

With respect John, it's difficult to image too many dealers risking much more than the basic equivalent to the Consumer Rights Act obligation on a 14+ year old car. So any claim would be severely restricted to covering an inherent problem and then only on the condition that the part was considered still within it's natural life expectancy, always assuming the said part was covered at all!

Lots of areas of uncertainty and plenty of scope for the vendor to surmount accountability. 

As for so-called Warranties, sadly too many are barely worth the paper upon which they are written, especially those for older vehicles.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sundance said:

With respect John, it's difficult to image too many dealers risking much more than the basic equivalent to the Consumer Rights Act obligation on a 14+ year old car. So any claim would be severely restricted to covering an inherent problem and then only on the condition that the part was considered still within it's natural life expectancy, always assuming the said part was covered at all!

Lots of areas of uncertainty and plenty of scope for the vendor to surmount accountability. 

As for so-called Warranties, sadly too many are barely worth the paper upon which they are written, especially those for older vehicles.

I agree with your last sentence Rowley. As does the Government which is why the obligations of the Consumer Protection legilation has been enshrined in Law.

Many Dealers try to avoid their Statutory Responsibilities by issuing their own (largely worthless||) warranties and failing to inform the buyer of their Staturory Rights. We call them "crooks."

If one buys a 14 year old car, one expects it to work. The Legislation is there to help the buyer, not hinder him. We ignore it at our peril.

• Like 1

‘Fit for purpose’ is important. I once bought a car and two days later it overheated and I discovered no water in the cooling system. It turned out to be a leak in the heater matrix. I researched about consumer rights and rejected the car saying that it was unfit for purpose quoting the consumer act. They realised that I was no fool and refunded me in full and returned the car I traded in. They didn’t even offer to repair it!

• Like 3

I get the impression that a lot of car dealers take out “ 6 month Trade Warranties” to cover themselves from potential claims. This is probably included in the price of the car of course and won’t be immediately obvious.

It’s when they coerce you into taking out an “extended warranty” you then pay for it yourself 😀

• Like 1

9 hours ago, steve2006 said:

I get the impression that a lot of car dealers take out “ 6 month Trade Warranties” to cover themselves from potential claims. This is probably included in the price of the car of course and won’t be immediately obvious.

It’s when they coerce you into taking out an “extended warranty” you then pay for it yourself 😀

The independent dealer I bought my RX400h from took out a warranty, which gladly I never had to use.

• 4 weeks later...

£10k?

No RX400 is worth £8k+.

£8k+ is RX450h money.

I am trying to find a non rusty version with no suspension MOT notes for around £3k/£4k for the tip run, supermarket run and station car parking.

• 8 months later...

10 hours ago, simss20 said:

Hi Dennis and welcome to the Forum.

An interesting colour, quite rare in my experience.  Impressive MoT history with low mileage indicates that it's been well looked after & quite likely garaged. Not taxed for nearly a year suggests that it's maybe part of a deceased's estate, but looks genuine enough with perhaps above average wear to the driver's seat.

I'd be checking for regular servicing stamps, time rather than mileage given it's only done 53k. If it has full Lexus history then that's a big plus especially if it includes an extended hybrid Battery condition warranty. Corrosion underneath is often an issue but looks very unlikely given the MoT history and visual condition. So too is water ingress via the sunroof but there again, doesn't look likely.

Age is certainly not a problem but not so sure about the price, despite it looking a good 'un I would not want to pay quite so much. Interesting that the ad details call it an 'Estate' suggesting the owner/seller is not quite sure what he/she has got.

Others may have more knowledgeable comments about issues but that's my view. Good luck.

11 hours ago, simss20 said:

Car looks in good shape from the ad, and appears to be well looked after from the MOT history. Price seems high though and I'd be looking at a 450h for that kind of money.

5 hours ago, Herbie said:

The only thing I would say is that the seller has zero feedback score.

It could be that he's only just opened an eBay account and we all start at zero, but...

His account was opened on  15 Jul, 2021

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links