Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi, there is a nice 2004 LS430 for sale on Autotrader - link below - I'm interested in peoples thoughts on the car if possible please?
I know it's not exactly a bargain price but most of the time you get what you pay for.

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202302134213044

First of all it is not a 400  so there are issues with the 430 that there never was on the 400 ,that being said this is a remarkabley mint condition car with genuine service history and looked after on every front .If you wanted to buy luxury to this level today price in £120k and you don't know what the future is in terms of problems especially with all the gizmos you don't use.I think it worth the asking price because if you want a car to see you out this will do it.

1 hour ago, ambermarine said:

First of all it is not a 400  so there are issues with the 430 that there never was on the 400 ,that being said this is a remarkabley mint condition car with genuine service history and looked after on every front .If you wanted to buy luxury to this level today price in £120k and you don't know what the future is in terms of problems especially with all the gizmos you don't use.I think it worth the asking price because if you want a car to see you out this will do it.

Couldn't agree more, potential air suspension issues in the future which can be solved with a standard setup - radiator issue - plus a lot more electronics to potentially go wrong.
I've always liked the LS430 in Gold and this one caught my eye. Bit of a whim to be honest but it's sold subject to viewing etc now so takes the decision making away for me, unless the sale falls through. The car is 30 mins away from me which was another reason it peaked my interest.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Cotswold Pete said:

I don't know if it is just me but it looks like the back end sitting a cm (or so)  lower than front end. 

I appears this way because the rear arches are slightly smaller than than the front - all LS430s sit like that (atleast the facelift ones)

But nearly 2 years between the last servicing tho' .  albeit maybe covid related ........ and the original owner soon stopped with the Lexus servicing ........ 

nevertheless a fine looking specimen .  amazing wot a little spit 'n polish will do to a car that you want to see in it's best light !

I'm sure it will be fine for the new owner 🤣   😇  ...  pray a little tho'

Malc

• Like 1

I am the owner of this car, in the interest of clarity, the chap who wants to view it is yet to confirm a date, which is difficult as I do 12 hour night shifts so my availability is also limited, and i've been kept waiting for over 2 weeks despite still messaging both ways discussing details of the car, a little frustrating, as i've asked multiple times for him to just come see it at least, so its still very much first come first serve, however, from the 2nd April to 23rd April I am away in Alaska, now, The MOT is due June 10th and obviously can be done the second week in May to give it  the max 13 months, so if it is still advertised at 2nd April, i'm gonna hang onto it into May and put the full mot on for the new owner, it seems silly not to at that point.

A potential viewer also wanted to agree a price pending viewing but his offer was too low, however he gave me feedback on the others that are at Elite motors which is the reason i've kept my price as it is, I'm happy to disclose my bottom line is £8k and i'm standing firm on that

and for those who will no doubt realise I only bought the car last spring may ask why i'm selling, I met a lovely lady about a month before buying the car, and she lives in Alaska, I had no idea how well things would go, but i've been back and forth since september and hope that by summer the flight will be one way, so i'm now renovating the house to put it up for rent, I still have my IS300 (avatar pic) which I haven't decided yet what to do with, as I will still spend some time back and forth, watch this space...

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Rory said:

I am the owner of this car, in the interest of clarity, the chap who wants to view it is yet to confirm a date, which is difficult as I do 12 hour night shifts so my availability is also limited, and i've been kept waiting for over 2 weeks despite still messaging both ways discussing details of the car, a little frustrating, as i've asked multiple times for him to just come see it at least, so its still very much first come first serve, however, from the 2nd April to 23rd April I am away in Alaska, now, The MOT is due June 10th and obviously can be done the second week in May to give it  the max 13 months, so if it is still advertised at 2nd April, i'm gonna hang onto it into May and put the full mot on for the new owner, it seems silly not to at that point.

A potential viewer also wanted to agree a price pending viewing but his offer was too low, however he gave me feedback on the others that are at Elite motors which is the reason i've kept my price as it is, I'm happy to disclose my bottom line is £8k and i'm standing firm on that

and for those who will no doubt realise I only bought the car last spring may ask why i'm selling, I met a lovely lady about a month before buying the car, and she lives in Alaska, I had no idea how well things would go, but i've been back and forth since september and hope that by summer the flight will be one way, so i'm now renovating the house to put it up for rent, I still have my IS300 (avatar pic) which I haven't decided yet what to do with, as I will still spend some time back and forth, watch this space...

The is300 looks very nice

• Like 1

18 hours ago, cruisermark said:

I appears this way because the rear arches are slightly smaller than than the front - all LS430s sit like that (atleast the facelift ones)

Did not know that.

It is a lovely looking car in a fantastic colour and IMHO if £8K sounds fair, but I am not looking for a 430 otherwise I would be heading up t he M5/M6 right now.

(Rory - good luck in Alaska)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cotswold Pete said:

Did not know that.

It is a lovely looking car in a fantastic colour and IMHO if £8K sounds fair, but I am not looking for a 430 otherwise I would be heading up t he M5/M6 right now.

(Rory - good luck in Alaska)

Cheers 👍

• Like 1

On 3/29/2023 at 4:19 PM, Malc1 said:

But nearly 2 years between the last servicing tho' .  albeit maybe covid related ........ and the original owner soon stopped with the Lexus servicing ........ 

nevertheless a fine looking specimen .  amazing wot a little spit 'n polish will do to a car that you want to see in it's best light !

I'm sure it will be fine for the new owner 🤣   😇  ...  pray a little tho'

Malc

I should add that it has oil and filters in June '22 prior to my purchasing, and I have the receipts for those, they just didn't get the book stamped

• Like 1

Good luck in Alaska Rory. I got my first 430 from an Irish guy who had been posted to the Caribbean to start a new life.

From a purely selfish point of view, I got my current 2004 430 in Bolton (small world) 4 years ago for £8,500. I am the 2nd owner and it has 62k miles now, so good to see prices holding up.

Hope the car finds a good new owner.

Jon

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Razor61 said:

I remember the price being £8.5k and now it’s £8,990, does any else remember what the price ‘was’ before? Or am I mistaken?

I just made it neater, in line with current offerings, anyone I've discussed the price with knows my bottom line, any new interest can negotiate from the current price 👍

• Haha 1

• 3 months later...

After a few months, several dreamers and a small number of idiots trying to use webuyanycar's valuation as a justification for lowballing me without even viewing, someone came to view the car last week, test drove it, and bought it there and then.

I'm sure I'll have another in future but now isn't the right time with the other stuff I have going on

• Like 5

2 hours ago, steve2006 said:

Good news then Rory, would you like me to change your location to Alaska yet? 😀

That process is taking a little longer, however i'll be back over in August and again for Christmas, watch this space...

Maybe add a second location to my current one as i'm racking up some serious air miles at the moment

• 1 month later...
On 3/29/2023 at 10:38 AM, Razor61 said:

Hi, there is a nice 2004 LS430 for sale on Autotrader - link below - I'm interested in peoples thoughts on the car if possible please?
I know it's not exactly a bargain price but most of the time you get what you pay for.

On 3/29/2023 at 10:38 AM, Razor61 said:

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202302134213044

Is this still available 

Contact me on Skype or email

Email: mirza10shamsuddin@gmail.com 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links