Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

2 hours ago, BillNick said:

I total agree that these cars would not sell parts well on ebay etc. Certainly not the GSF as all of us will have known where they come from - though I am after a set of GSF wheels, Id never buy from ebay for this reason.

Someone "undergound" has ordered the car for sure.

There were a set of GS F wheels on eBay from a breakers that were breaking a crashed GS F ....but they were not cheap, around 1k each !!

2 minutes ago, Duggie B said:

There were a set of GS F wheels on ebay from a breakers that were breaking a crashed GS F ....but they were not cheap, around 1k each !!

Yeah and red interior for £4k which sat on eBay for 2 years... I remember laughing at it, because nobody needs GS-F interior! That apparently was press car which was crashed in one of the events.

7 minutes ago, Duggie B said:

There were a set of GS F wheels on ebay from a breakers that were breaking a crashed GS F ....but they were not cheap, around 1k each !!

Yes I was in conversation with the seller and nearly made a deal on all 4 until I realised they were based in Scotland so collection wasnt an option and shipping put them over my budget.

Very frustrating as owners sell a set of OEM GSF wheels in the US probably once per month 😞

52 minutes ago, BillNick said:

Yes I was in conversation with the seller and nearly made a deal on all 4 until I realised they were based in Scotland so collection wasnt an option and shipping put them over my budget.

Very frustrating as owners sell a set of OEM GSF wheels in the US probably once per month 😞

Drive up and get them 😉

11 hours ago, peniole said:

Do the 2018 models not have a battery saver mode for the key? It's hold down the lock button, while pressing the unlock button twice. That makes the key go silent and no longer tansmit until you press another button. No pouches necessary.

That's really a poor way to disable the keyless system as you would have to do it every time you drive the vehicle. You should disable it in the car, via the user settings or dealer settings depending on model.

So far I spoke to recovery garage Thursday 8:30am who stated they will hold car until police release after forensics but disappointingly they would not allow me to visit my car ,confirm state of car or check if my daughter’s cricket equipment was still in boot!!!!.  I spoke to police at 9am to speak to officer in charge only to be told that no officer had been assigned to my car theft!!! Since the apparent recovery I have not had any police officer call me to tell me that they have recovered my vehicle or provide any update !!!!

12 hours ago, ColinBarber said:

That's really a poor way to disable the keyless system as you would have to do it every time you drive the vehicle. You should disable it in the car, via the user settings or dealer settings depending on model.

Both have their drawbacks. Disabling the system in the car requires you hold the key up to the start button every time you want to start the car. So fumbling for key while standing or fumbling for key while seated. 6 of one or half a dozen of the other?

29 minutes ago, peniole said:

Both have their drawbacks. Disabling the system in the car requires you hold the key up to the start button every time you want to start the car. So fumbling for key while standing or fumbling for key while seated. 6 of one or half a dozen of the other?

I agree. I have disabled mine and it is a pain, but I do sleep better for it 🙂

I don't know why the manufacturers don't put the key to sleep when it is static.

7 hours ago, Gsf grey solihull said:

So far I spoke to recovery garage Thursday 8:30am who stated they will hold car until police release after forensics but disappointingly they would not allow me to visit my car ,confirm state of car or check if my daughter’s cricket equipment was still in boot!!!!.  I spoke to police at 9am to speak to officer in charge only to be told that no officer had been assigned to my car theft!!! Since the apparent recovery I have not had any police officer call me to tell me that they have recovered my vehicle or provide any update !!!!

A shambles no doubt. I wonder how they manage to solve any crimes these days. Knowing how inept they are it's up to the individual to be vigilant but not too vigilant because they have time to come around and caution and arrest you.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, ColinBarber said:

Most do, Toyota/Lexus don't.

I saw that Ford offered replacement keys for some models after the introduction of "sleep" function keys for vehicles that were originally sold with keys without this function.  They did charge the customer for the upgraded keys, but only a modest fee.  I have written to Lexus Customer Relations to ask if they would be willing to do something similar for at least the newer Lexus models, and am awaiting a response.  I also asked directly if the new RX has this feature and simply was told "it is on a new security platform", which is, shall we say, an ambiguous answer.

I'll update if I get anything concrete back.

Paul

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, peniole said:

Given the recent reports on this site, no.

New cars are a major expensive asset, if you are happy to take this on and off when using the car, go for it.

It provides some piece of mind.

25 minutes ago, peniole said:

I guess it's fine as long as you remember its on your car before driving off.

12 hours ago, PDM said:

I saw that Ford offered replacement keys for some models after the introduction of "sleep" function keys for vehicles that were originally sold with keys without this function.  They did charge the customer for the upgraded keys, but only a modest fee.  I have written to Lexus Customer Relations to ask if they would be willing to do something similar for at least the newer Lexus models, and am awaiting a response.  I also asked directly if the new RX has this feature and simply was told "it is on a new security platform", which is, shall we say, an ambiguous answer.

I'll update if I get anything concrete back.

Paul

The vehicle I know of at the moment which is getting enhanced security is the NX, which from now on is, or soon to be, manufactured with Ultra Wideband keys which stops relay attacked. Not heard of this on other vehicles yet but I would expect that to happen at each refresh. UWB can't be retrofitted and probably means they won't produce sleeping keys for older vehicles if they intend on moving to UWB.

https://newsroom.lexus.eu/lexus-nx-elevated-by-new-on-board-luxury-features-and-latest-technology/

The only other Toyota/Lexus I know of that doesn't have this issue is the Toyota Supra - purely because the engine, ecu, alarm/immobiliser and keyless entry system is from BMW which has sleeping keys.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/12/2023 at 4:23 PM, eightk said:

This is what I have - silver tin with a tight fitting lid. Bulletproof and definitely blocks the signal. It’ll take two Lexus keys and a card.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/LATIT-Blocking-Faraday-Portable-Security-silver/dp/B081Q73X2T

Tin ordered and being delivered tomorrow 👍 Thanks 

On 4/14/2023 at 1:49 AM, Gsf grey solihull said:

Been following this with interest, quite an incredible story really, what's the latest this Shafiq? 

Sadly, policing, along with our beloved NHS, and, come to think of it, every other public sector I can think of, has been starved of funding by the government's "austerity" programme for just thirteen years. I am not a fan of the police much, but we do get what we vote, and pay for. 

As of today I have not had any officer call me to update me about my car!!!. I have rang every morning only to be told no officer has been allocated to my car hence it is still sitting in recovery garage where I’m not allowed to inspect it or check if my daughter’s sports equipment is still in the boot !!!, all very frustrating especially as I have heard from other victims that it could sitting in recovery waiting for officers for weeks.

7 hours ago, Gsf grey solihull said:

As of today I have not had any officer call me to update me about my car!!!. I have rang every morning only to be told no officer has been allocated to my car hence it is still sitting in recovery garage where I’m not allowed to inspect it or check if my daughter’s sports equipment is still in the boot !!!, all very frustrating especially as I have heard from other victims that it could sitting in recovery waiting for officers for weeks.

I feel for you, it is without doubt a shambles. As mentioned above underfunding has been part of the problem along with many other issues it would appear. Not sure there is even a body to who you can complain to to either.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/19/2023 at 1:39 AM, Gsf grey solihull said:

Any update on your car ?

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links