Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Second Key Fob NX 450H+

20 minutes ago, HMT said:

After the initial “the dealership would post it to me” I was then told that 

Lexus will send to dealership when available (late 3rd qtr) the dealership will then contact me to arrange date for car to be taken in. It is “ about a 1/2 day”  job to programme the fob.

but having read the various posts it seems different dealerships are giving different versions including getting the job carried out at another Lexus location, so I am bit confused

Not surprised at the confusion. 3rd qtr seems to be a recurring theme, unless the same person keeps repeating this! But there seems little or no coordination throughout. I still await an answer from my dealer after an immediate acknowledgement, which suggests they are waiting on Lexus corporate for an answer - again. Meantime I am guarding my only key very carefully! 

1 hour ago, Harry Junior said:

Not surprised at the confusion. 3rd qtr seems to be a recurring theme, unless the same person keeps repeating this! But there seems little or no coordination throughout. I still await an answer from my dealer after an immediate acknowledgement, which suggests they are waiting on Lexus corporate for an answer - again. Meantime I am guarding my only key very carefully! 

Dealer is only allowed to replace one lost key each day. 😉

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, HMT said:

After the initial “the dealership would post it to me” I was then told that 

Lexus will send to dealership when available (late 3rd qtr) the dealership will then contact me to arrange date for car to be taken in. It is “ about a 1/2 day”  job to programme the fob.

but having read the various posts it seems different dealerships are giving different versions including getting the job carried out at another Lexus location, so I am bit confused

The half day job is puzzling as all I have read suggests it's a 30 minute task with the right software via the OBD port......will have to wait to find out 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Al D-Much said:

All these stories about the prestige brand are troublesome. And, I feel it will damage their reputation quite a bit.

I mean £50k+ for a car with missing bits, near to non functioning app, infotainment issues, electrics issues, and recall after recall etc. is really unacceptable, no idea why as loyal customers to the brand you guys put up with it.

I'd say you're all being mugged off and caught up in the new shiny hype, in my opinion. 

BMW, Mercedes, VW, Jaguar and Land Rover are in the same situation with extended deliveries and vehicles arriving with options missing as well as second keys! Recalls are annoying to say the least however my local dealer has been superb. I guess its the downside of buying the latest model.

4 hours ago, Hayzee said:

I'm confused, as are others, as to how the second key fob will get to me. When I picked up the car I was told that Lexus would contact me directly, but having followed this thread that seems it may not be the case. 

I will email the dealership and hope they can give me definitive answer.

I'm waiting for a reply from my dealership but I solicited a reply from Lexus UK who put the dealership at point

Screenshot_20230620-132134.thumb.png.ef9d67c8475a93a0de6c178281223ea0.png

2 hours ago, Hayzee said:

The half day job is puzzling as all I have read suggests it's a 30 minute task with the right software via the OBD port......will have to wait to find out 

Yes I agree it’s puzzling and I posted it !  Only stating what I was told,  but with so much different info on the day and on this forum I would not be surprised if it were a little/ a lot / totally wrong.

At the moment somewhere between Santa clause brings it (early / late/ on time) fully working to sending the car back to japan for the work to be carried out by the Tisumi engineers - or something between 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

55 minutes ago, Hayzee said:

I'm waiting for a reply from my dealership but I solicited a reply from Lexus UK who put the dealership at point

Screenshot_20230620-132134.thumb.png.ef9d67c8475a93a0de6c178281223ea0.png

Well that’s really helpful! At least we now know where we stand - no further along. But nice try!

4 hours ago, Hayzee said:

The half day job is puzzling as all I have read suggests it's a 30 minute task with the right software via the OBD port......will have to wait to find ou

I was told around 45 minutes by the Lexus dealer who will be doing mine......when it arrives.

• Like 1

The Car Care Nut has a video on YouTube that covers all aspects of Toyota/Lexus keys at: youtube.com/watch?v=vYtU5-OLv-k  It covers quite a spread of information it its 30 minute length and he woffles a lot in places but it may help.

• Like 1

On 6/20/2023 at 12:38 PM, Hayzee said:

Will do

So...my Dealership called me today to let me know the response from Toyota/Lexus. He has been told that since October 2022 Toyota/Lexus shipped 260,000 vehicles worldwide with a single key fob.

They have not said when each vehicle will have their second fob, but did clarify the process.

At the appropriate time Lexus will issue a recall letter to affected owners who will be asked to contact their Lexus dealer to arrange for the second key fob to be cloned. I'm told this is a 20 minute process ONCE the second fob is available.

I don't know the logistics involved in how the keys will be supplied for the cloning process.

It's a shame Lexus are not giving us owners some idea of timescales but at least we know what will happen (hopefully!!).

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

1 hour ago, WhiteHart said:

Pick up my lovely new car today and still only one key fob. 

Same here.  Picked up my NX Late May and only one key fob with no ETA for the 2nd key.  On a more positive note I was told my key is UWB (Ultra Wide Band) which provides enhanced immunity against relay theft.  Worth checking with your dealer if your car also has UWB keyless entry.  For the serious engineers here,  there is some helpful reading on UWB Passive Keyless Entry in the link below.

https://www.edn.com/uwb-enhances-security-of-passive-keyless-entry/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, Hillie said:

Same here.  Picked up my NX Late May and only one key fob with no ETA for the 2nd key.  On a more positive note I was told my key is UWB (Ultra Wide Band) which provides enhanced immunity against relay theft.  Worth checking with your dealer if your car also has UWB keyless entry.  For the serious engineers here,  there is some helpful reading on UWB Passive Keyless Entry in the link below.

https://www.edn.com/uwb-enhances-security-of-passive-keyless-entry/

Good that the new model is now arriving with several enhancements including the use of UWB keys. I find it odd that they switched to a new technology but didn’t make sure the supply chain wasn’t affected by component shortages. 

4 hours ago, ColinBarber said:

Good that the new model is now arriving with several enhancements including the use of UWB keys. I find it odd that they switched to a new technology but didn’t make sure the supply chain wasn’t affected by component shortages. 

Whilst UWB is a bonus, the scum car thieves already have the software/devices to steal the car via the CAN bus (as discussed on this forum) so don't need to bother with using relay to clone the key 😠

1 hour ago, Hayzee said:

Whilst UWB is a bonus, the scum car thieves already have the software/devices to steal the car via the CAN bus (as discussed on this forum) so don't need to bother with using relay to clone the key 😠

Oh I'm fully aware of that. I'm just saying that I find it very odd to move to a different technology and components and then still not be able to supply them when other manufacturers have changed components/suppliers to alleviate their supply chain issues.

1 hour ago, Hayzee said:

Don't forget no matter what car manufacturers do, theft via OBD port is extremely easy thanks to the EU regulations 🤣

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/22/2023 at 4:10 PM, Hayzee said:

So...my Dealership called me today to let me know the response from Toyota/Lexus. He has been told that since October 2022 Toyota/Lexus shipped 260,000 vehicles worldwide with a single key fob.

They have not said when each vehicle will have their second fob, but did clarify the process.

At the appropriate time Lexus will issue a recall letter to affected owners who will be asked to contact their Lexus dealer to arrange for the second key fob to be cloned. I'm told this is a 20 minute process ONCE the second fob is available.

I don't know the logistics involved in how the keys will be supplied for the cloning process.

It's a shame Lexus are not giving us owners some idea of timescales but at least we know what will happen (hopefully!!).

Just received the Customer Satisfaction Campaign (Recall) letter telling me to book a slot with my local Lexus Centre to Code a second key fob. As the centre has to order the key the booking was 2 weeks ahead as a minimum. Campaign number is YHG14.

Also the letter references another campaign (no number) for the forward recognition camera ECU update. I told them about this and they included it in the service booking. Told me total time was about 90 minutes.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Hayzee said:

Just received the Customer Satisfaction Campaign (Recall) letter telling me to book a slot with my local Lexus Centre to Code a second key fob. As the centre has to order the key the booking was 2 weeks ahead as a minimum. Campaign number is YHG14.

Also the letter references another campaign (no number) for the forward recognition camera ECU update. I told them about this and they included it in the service booking. Told me total time was about 90 minutes.

That’s great news that they are starting to get them out !!!
when did you get delivery of your car - just wondering how far down the Q I am 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HMT said:

That’s great news that they are starting to get them out !!!
when did you get delivery of your car - just wondering how far down the Q I am 

I think it was manufactured May this year and I took delivery June 18th

• Like 2

My NX was handed over in early Feb 23 and i can pick my second key tomorrow.  I am told it will take at least an hour possibly two to programme, I have to wonder why?

1 hour ago, PB1642 said:

My NX was handed over in early Feb 23 and i can pick my second key tomorrow.  I am told it will take at least an hour possibly two to programme, I have to wonder why?

Pete....maybe they are doing the front camera ECU update as well?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links