Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Itching to change the Ct

Poundy

Not many Jaguars I haven't owned over many years of motoring to my peril 😅

I have recently taken a bit of a shine to the all electric Jaguar I Pace as a possible replacement for my wife's CT (not that's she's bothered what she drives as long as it is clean and always starts lol!)

There are some nice low mileage I Pace 2019 models out there now for around £25k, but every time I make my mind up to look at changing the CT, I come across an article like this and put it on the backburner again. :confused1:

Most reliable family cars

=1. Lexus CT (2011-2021)

Reliability rating 99.3%

What went wrong? Suspension 6%

Only 6% of CT 200h owners needed to call the garage to fix a problem, and the only area concerned was the suspension. All remedial work was carried out for free, even on cars that were outside the initial three-year warranty period, and all issues were resolved in a day or less.

Owner's view “The best things about owning a CT are its build quality and the care from my Lexus dealership”

• Like 1

Really there’s just no comparison as they are so different vehicles.

Jaguars are not known for reliability so as long as you go in with open eyes, enjoy your choice!

The i pace has poor range, efficiency and charging speed compared to modern EVs of a similar price (Jag hasn't really updated it since launch). If you are doing regular long distances I'd consider something else, if not then it's fine (with a warranty). 

Not too fussed about the range as it is unlikely to be pushed to it's 260 range ( it that's to be believed) as it's only about a 3,000 mile per year car so a weekly top up should suffice. It's the Jaguar reliability compared with the Ct that I am struggling with.  I have had 8 different models over the years all of which have had some sort of electrical gremlin at some stage, mostly being the hard to diagnose and fix easily ones. They were all nice eye candy though and a delight to drive when running properly hence the attraction.

I feel I owe the 2014 CT some loyalty though having never missed a beat since we bought it over 5 years ago. Apart from losing the rear heat shield a few weeks ago after it fell off on holiday. Probably caused after going over some road kill a few weeks before lol!

Even then a call to Lexus had the new part ordered in, car picked up and delivered, heat shield fitted car washed and cleaned for around £100 thank you very much.😀

I'd stick with the CT! I was a VAG fan for many years. Often going in for minor issues but the local Audi dealer at the time kept me happy service wise. Final VW garage though killed it! My current job involves transportation of new cars and whatever brand it is, I see a lot of electric cars brand new still have Battery and coolant pump issues. Lexus/Toyota though very very rarely have any faults. I'd stick with the reliable hybrid technology and Lexus if it was my choice. Our CT is now 7 years old of which the last 4 have been under our ownership. I and the wife love it. Plus Lexus Birmingham, cannot fault them one bit!

12 hours ago, Sled Driver said:

I'd stick with the CT! I was a VAG fan for many years. Often going in for minor issues but the local Audi dealer at the time kept me happy service wise. Final VW garage though killed it! My current job involves transportation of new cars and whatever brand it is, I see a lot of electric cars brand new still have battery and coolant pump issues. Lexus/Toyota though very very rarely have any faults. I'd stick with the reliable hybrid technology and Lexus if it was my choice. Our CT is now 7 years old of which the last 4 have been under our ownership. I and the wife love it. Plus Lexus Birmingham, cannot fault them one bit!

Looks like I will be keeping it rather than living  with the regret lol!

It's still looking great and only 44,000 miles on the clock. So I have decided  to concentrate on getting it back to looking as new. It's been a while since my last project but at least it's a lot newer than my previous project cars and will only involve cosmetics.

Apart from getting an underbody protection done considering it is coming up to 10yrs old. Which brings up the question, I presume they are treated from new but with what and what are the better after market options? 

22 hours ago, Poundy said:

Apart from getting an underbody protection done considering it is coming up to 10yrs old. Which brings up the question, I presume they are treated from new but with what and what are the better after market options? 

I am going to try Lanoguard.

I’m just going to leave this here…😇

Ignoring Giles Coren’s issues with the charging network, he notes the car had lots of reliability problems. Knowing somebody who owned an I-Pace I don’t think he was alone…

https://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/motoring/motoring-news/tv-star-ditches-jaguar-electric-26017739

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links