Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Lexus Link + app released 18th Aug

27 minutes ago, HMT said:

Downloaded it and had a few issues signing in - told they were sending me a verification code to complete - still waiting for the code, but tried again and I got in.

Remote control card not visible - signed off and on again and still not visible, did “pull down refresh (iPhone) and it appeared - not tried to use this yet so cannot comment on others comments.

Do have a question - in the Hybrid Coaching card it only shows the previous months info. (24 Jul - 23 Aug)   How do I view trips previous to this ?

I think you have to sign up for the optional 'trial' elements to get the remote control.

Same - code never arrived but then got into the app anyway and the remote control section appeared a few minutes later (android). 

Although you can enter a destination in the 'where to' box in the map I can't see a way of sending it to the car. If you go to the Lexus website (link posted above) and click on the 'how to guide' links on the Lexus website it takes you to blank web pages !

8 hours ago, BonzoSPB said:

All working now that I've approved a few links that were blocked by Pi-Hole. Initial thoughts - looks quite nice.

Could you list which sites you needed to whitelist in Pi-hole to get the app working? It's timing out when I try adding services.

I have just downloaded it (thanks @Imgo for starting this thread) and apart from not being able to send a destination to the car's satnav everything else seems to work well. I can unlock and lock the car remotely now, something that I was not able to do with the old app. The download and installation were smooth (iPhone) and although it did not recognise my mobile on the system when I used my email and password it all came together. 

The only missing (for me personally) thing is the use of the map for future destinations and its transfer to the car SatNav.

Hopefully it would not take long.

The SatNav is another story on its own but I do not know whether there is a thread about it. On a few occasions it would take me to a dead end roads and this can be quite risky if you are under pressure and on the clock to reach a destination. I still cannot believe Lexus would not sort this out, especially when nowadays the tech in this segment has advanced a lot.

On my post yesterday said that in the Hynrid coaching card the only trips available to see were 24 Jul - 23 Aug and asked if anyone knew how to view earlier (all) trips

Today now only trips 25 Jul - 24 Aug are showing, so it appears that only trips are in the rolling month.

Is this the same as other members and / or has anyone found a way to view more?

16 minutes ago, HMT said:

On my post yesterday said that in the Hynrid coaching card the only trips available to see were 24 Jul - 23 Aug and asked if anyone knew how to view earlier (all) trips

Today now only trips 25 Jul - 24 Aug are showing, so it appears that only trips are in the rolling month.

Is this the same as other members and / or has anyone found a way to view more?

It's the same for me too. I also can't see an option to view more. 

Also, unless I'm going mad, it looks like the whole section relating to previous journeys has been removed from the MyLexus web portal.

• Sad 3

4 hours ago, John Yossarian said:

I have just downloaded it (thanks @Imgo for starting this thread) and apart from not being able to send a destination to the car's satnav everything else seems to work well. I can unlock and lock the car remotely now, something that I was not able to do with the old app. The download and installation were smooth (iPhone) and although it did not recognise my mobile on the system when I used my email and password it all came together. 

The only missing (for me personally) thing is the use of the map for future destinations and its transfer to the car SatNav.

Hopefully it would not take long.

The SatNav is another story on its own but I do not know whether there is a thread about it. On a few occasions it would take me to a dead end roads and this can be quite risky if you are under pressure and on the clock to reach a destination. I still cannot believe Lexus would not sort this out, especially when nowadays the tech in this segment has advanced a lot.

Does the app unlock function work after you have locked the vehicle with the Key?  If so it may be a point of difference between Android and IOS

2 hours ago, Andy B said:

It's the same for me too. I also can't see an option to view more. 

Also, unless I'm going mad, it looks like the whole section relating to previous journeys has been removed from the MyLexus web portal.

Yes you are correct - just signed into my Lexus and the journeys have gone.  There is a notification message that says that as I have now got the Lexus plus app all this info is available there !!!!! 

2 hours ago, HMT said:

Yes you are correct - just signed into my Lexus and the journeys have gone.  There is a notification message that says that as I have now got the Lexus plus app all this info is available there !!!!! 

I hope this isn't the case because I rely on the journey info in the My Lexus portal because the distances there are given in Km (my preference) whereas a download of my journeys in the (old) app was given in miles.

I have always said that the user should be given the choice of which units they prefer in the App, portal AND the car and the software should seamlessly convert to whatever the user chooses. I hope the max speed etc problems have now been corrected (where the max speed was shown in kph but marked up as mph - so a true max speed of 62mph was shown as 100mph instead of 100kph)

5 hours ago, bgb said:

Does the app unlock function work after you have locked the vehicle with the Key?  If so it may be a point of difference between Android and IOS

Jon,

My car was locked last night using the key and the keys are stored in a Faraday tin (out of range). I tried the app Lexus Link+ (Android version) to unlock the car as follows at lunch time today:

1)  Keys out of range :  App reported an error and and would not unlock the car.

2) Removed the keys from the Faraday tin (now in range) :  App reported an error and would not unlock the car.

3) I also verified the key would un-lock the car which it did.  I then used the App to LOCK the car which it did. 

4) Now,  at 4:30pm today I repeated this experiment and with the keys secure in the Faraday tin (out of range) the App Unlocked, and re-locked the car very quickly with immediate app notifications thatb this had been completed.  Who knows why Lexus cloud services have so many issues.

On 8/10/2023 at 5:24 PM, Harrier Man said:

I took my inlay out to see how much space there was. Not enough for a spare wheel but certainly a useful space. A revised inlay would be a good idea.

Thanks for the test, that confirms my experience.  Question is, is the car alarmed when locking with the App?  App functionality only seems to be of use if you park up and walk off, forgetting to lock the car.  Had a beamer before and managed to lock the keys in it.  Fortunately the BMW app didn't care how the car had been locked!.  Sure I read somewhere that it's not possible to lock the lexus with the keys in it so that's something!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Eggie said:

If you use key fob to lock then app will not work to unlock. If you use app to lock then it will also unlock.

Jon

I was curious about this so I locked the car with the key this morning after a short drive  (double press)  and then tried the App to unlock the vehicle.  It worked perfectly and the car was unlocked.  Ten minutes later I succesfully locked the car through the App. 

I am still not convinced about the app functionality due to IMO poor Lexus cloud services reliability. Clearly there is no consistency between everyones experiences using these tools.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Ken R said:

Disappointed to find that the Hybrid coaching/trips recorded hasn't improved. 4 trips out of 6 showing for Wednesday and 1 out of 5 today. Pathetic!

All my trips have been recorded BUT not now accurate. The last 1 recoded trip home shows the car starting about 5 or 6 miles from the correct position of the car  and then going in a straight line to the correct position. The car must have been flying to get there, it did not follow any road system - just a straight line.

I have used the contact us form to query that I can only see trips for the last rolling month.

wording in this is a mixture of Toyota and Lexus so guesss this is the Toyota app that they are in the process of converting to Lexus speak

• Like 1

Had my first service yesterday which also included the two most recent recalls, and car had been partially reset which meant I had to link the app again. It pushed me to the new app and had same issue as others where the 2FA wouldn't come through, but seemed to resolve itself as all good after closing and reopening app. 

Definitely looks better...

• Like 1

On 8/24/2023 at 12:03 PM, HMT said:

Ok, so what's the best way to complain to Lexus (Toyota) about the lost history and the decision to provide just a one month rolling view of data in the Hybrid Coaching section of the updated app?

Have they really chosen to delete all the data (which is clearly very useful to them), or have they decided we only need a limited view of the data?  

Storage is cheap, and I'd personally like to be able to see all the vehicle history back to day one.

• Like 1

Is anyone else having this issue - tried to check on status this morning and showing 100% on fuel ( not correct) but not showing anything for ev and also nothing for range. Tried to refresh - no change so went into charge screen and just get error message.

have signed out and back in again - same result on both Iphone & iPad apps during the day.

I know it is fully charged - green charge light went out, and car says ev range of 46 which  is about right - last charge was 47.2 on app and 46 in car

IMG_0793.jpeg

IMG_0794.png

32 minutes ago, HMT said:

Is anyone else having this issue - tried to check on status this morning and showing 100% on fuel ( not correct) but not showing anything for ev and also nothing for range. Tried to refresh - no change so went into charge screen and just get error message.

have signed out and back in again - same result on both iPhone & iPad apps during the day.

I know it is fully charged - green charge light went out, and car says ev range of 46 which  is about right - last charge was 47.2 on app and 46 in car

IMG_0793.jpeg

IMG_0794.png

I had to get in the car and fire it up before the app would update, seems crazy but maybe that's the way it works?

On 8/27/2023 at 7:32 PM, Hayzee said:

Here's a bit of a glitch with the app. Note the total range figures

Screenshot_2023-08-27-19-30-45-69_c81de8bd34641e7035cc87a6e7156ebc.jpg

Screenshot_2023-08-27-19-30-39-38_c81de8bd34641e7035cc87a6e7156ebc.jpg

How do you get the EV range and Battery status up, mine is just showing the fuel quantity?

10 minutes ago, Locheelad said:

Have downloaded the new App but doesnt recognise the Reg number nor the VIN. Is there a limit as to age of car - its a 2014 NX300H

Yes, appears to be for the new model. 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links