Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Collected NX 350H

Hi all, 

Collected my 350H Takumi on the 1st Sep 73 Plate, to be honest it was a disappointing day it was raining hard ( not the Dealers fault) we had to wait 1 hour extra due to the people coming late before us, when our turn came it was all rushed, I already knew about wallet smart key being stopped, 2nd key I was only given the blade and the fob to come 4/6 months later and No Locking wheel nuts, No wheel jack, No Manual, dealer said you have to get it yourselves. I phoned Lexus UK and was told unfortunately the smart wallet key is discontinued but the locking wheel nuts, Manual and the key fob I will be notified by Lexus when they come, I said what if some one steals my wheels in the meantime, she said Lexus will take full responsibility and she sent me an email confirming this. 

Driving the car is joy it just feels so good, and it looks so fantastic in the flesh, I was having 2nd thoughts on the Sonic Grey colour but seeing the car in front of you I know I made the right choice. 

Just one thing is confusing me not that I'm complaining the Dealer gave me full tank of fuel with 5 miles on the clock, I've now done 75 miles but the Fuel gauge is still showing Full Tank, can that be right? Or is it a gauge faulty? My driving so far is only on the A Roads in Normal mode and no hard acceleration except a couple of times in Sport mode even then only half acceleration. 

My EV Ratio range to Engine Ratio is showing 85%. 

IMG-20230906-WA0001.jpg

IMG-20230906-WA0002.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, S Dhuper said:

Hi all, 

Collected my 350H Takumi on the 1st Sep 73 Plate, to be honest it was a disappointing day it was raining hard ( not the Dealers fault) we had to wait 1 hour extra due to the people coming late before us, when our turn came it was all rushed, I already knew about wallet smart key being stopped, 2nd key I was only given the blade and the fob to come 4/6 months later and No Locking wheel nuts, No wheel jack, No Manual, dealer said you have to get it yourselves. I phoned Lexus UK and was told unfortunately the smart wallet key is discontinued but the locking wheel nuts, Manual and the key fob I will be notified by Lexus when they come, I said what if some one steals my wheels in the meantime, she said Lexus will take full responsibility and she sent me an email confirming this. 

Just one thing is confusing me not that I'm complaining the Dealer gave me full tank of fuel with 5 miles on the clock, I've now done 75 miles but the Fuel gauge is still showing Full Tank, can that be right? Or is it a gauge faulty? My driving so far is only on the A Roads in Normal mode and no hard acceleration except a couple of times in Sport mode even then only half acceleration. 

Well done on your collection! I also collected mine on 1st September. I’ve not wrote about the collection experience as of yet (I will do when I have more time) but like yourself, it wasn’t the best. Mine wasn’t even in the handover room... That’s just to give you a taster...

Other than that - the same as you. No second key - just the blade. No locking wheel nuts, no jack and no manual. I was also told Lexus are taking liability on the issue with the alloy wheels but typical of my dealer - I’ve had no e-mail to confirm this. Just verbally. I wasn't even told about any smart wallet key. I was aware of it thanks to this forum, but it never came up on the day - as if such a thing never even existed. I have no idea how I'll be informed about when the second key or locking wheel nuts arrive - and I certainly have no faith in the dealer telling me.

I noticed mine did stick at the top of the fuel gauge for quite some time too! I think it was around the 90-ish mile mark before it came off that top segment - very impressive. It was then about another 50 miles after that before it dropped the second one onto three quarters.

I've not tried sport mode in mine yet. I'm someone who is quite 'old school' and will gently run-in an engine for the first few thousand miles. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Gary H said:

Well done on your collection! I also collected mine on 1st September. I’ve not wrote about the collection experience as of yet (I will do when I have more time) but like yourself, it wasn’t the best. Mine wasn’t even in the handover room... That’s just to give you a taster...

Other than that - the same as you. No second key - just the blade. No locking wheel nuts, no jack and no manual. I was also told Lexus are taking liability on the issue with the alloy wheels but typical of my dealer - I’ve had no e-mail to confirm this. Just verbally. I wasn't even told about any smart wallet key. I was aware of it thanks to this forum, but it never came up on the day - as if such a thing never even existed. I have no idea how I'll be informed about when the second key or locking wheel nuts arrive - and I certainly have no faith in the dealer telling me.

I noticed mine did stick at the top of the fuel gauge for quite some time too! I think it was around the 90-ish mile mark before it came off that top segment - very impressive. It was then about another 50 miles after that before it dropped the second one onto three quarters.

I've not tried sport mode in mine yet. I'm someone who is quite 'old school' and will gently run-in an engine for the first few thousand miles. 

Nice one Gary, I think you'll agree with me the car looks even better out of the showroom and in front of your house, regarding the locking wheel nuts give Lexus customer service a call and tell them to email you if the wheels are stolen that they will take full responsibility, like I did 

• Like 2

Glad the deliveries are coming through.

I still can't fathom why people still collect their car on the 1st of September / March. 

Its almost always rushed and jam packed to the point where if someone is late, it gets delayed. These problems don't occur on the 7th for example. 

Looks fab! The fuel gauge on my 450h shows 100% for up to 90 miles before dropping one segment. It doesn't drop to 75% until c150 miles but appears to reduce further far quicker after this point! Indicating empty, there still tends to be c2 gallons remaining.

• Like 2

Regarding the second key fob. The associated campaign number is  YHG14. Suggest you try and book the vehicle into your dealer for that campaign and see if that starts the process of them placing an order for the second key with Lexus. Mine took about a week/10 days for them to obtain the fob.

11 hours ago, Duggie B said:

My GS F has no problem with the fuel needle moving off from full 🤣

My Astra 2010 1.6 Auto which I traded in for the NX was the same, just driving it from home to end of road you could see the fuel needle moving 😂

10 hours ago, Hayzee said:

Regarding the second key fob. The associated campaign number is  YHG14. Suggest you try and book the vehicle into your dealer for that campaign and see if that starts the process of them placing an order for the second key with Lexus. Mine took about a week/10 days for them to obtain the fob.

Tried that. Dealer said Lexus would not allow. Will change dealer, but I suspect that Lexus have us scr***d. 

• Sad 2

5 hours ago, S Dhuper said:

My Astra 2010 1.6 Auto which I traded in for the NX was the same, just driving it from home to end of road you could see the fuel needle moving 😂

That just makes my v8 sound economical!!!! 🤣 thirsty things those 1.6's it seems

Hi All, 

Can somebody help me to connect my Huawei P30 Pro phone to Android Auto, I'm using a USB cable to connect it but it's not happening, my Daughter's apple phone connects wirelessly, my son's Google Pro 7 connects via the cable, but my Huawei P30 Pro is not connecting, if anybody knows of any adapters or anything to connect my phone will be greatly appreciated. 

On 9/6/2023 at 7:31 PM, rayaans said:

Glad the deliveries are coming through.

I still can't fathom why people still collect their car on the 1st of September / March. 

Its almost always rushed and jam packed to the point where if someone is late, it gets delayed. These problems don't occur on the 7th for example. 

New number plate snob thing.
I don't get it either, as when selling the car no one cares, they just want to know the year.

12 hours ago, S Dhuper said:

Hi All, 

Can somebody help me to connect my Huawei P30 Pro phone to Android Auto, I'm using a USB cable to connect it but it's not happening, my Daughter's Apple phone connects wirelessly, my son's Google Pro 7 connects via the cable, but my Huawei P30 Pro is not connecting, if anybody knows of any adapters or anything to connect my phone will be greatly appreciated. 

First of all - congratulations on the new car.

There are adaptors on the market that convert wired Android Auto to wireless (for example, search "AAWireless" on this forum and the internet in general). However these may not work either if you can't yet get a wired connection with your Huawei P30 Pro. As your son's Google Pro 7 is working OK, then it suggests that the problem is with your phone. What error messages, if any, are you seeing on the phone or the car's Infotainment system when you try to connect?

3 minutes ago, Andy B said:

First of all - congratulations on the new car.

There are adaptors on the market that convert wired Android Auto to wireless (for example, search "AAWireless" on this forum and the internet in general). However these may not work either if you can't yet get a wired connection with your Huawei P30 Pro. As your son's Google Pro 7 is working OK, then it suggests that the problem is with your phone. What error messages, if any, are you seeing on the phone or the car's Infotainment system when you try to connect?

Hi Andy, 

Thanks for that, My car is simply a joy to drive, I've did 106 miles before the first Fuel gauge bar went. 

I'm getting no error messages on the infotainment screen or my phone, could it be because of Huawei is on the entity list? Or could it be because my Operating system is EMUI 12, which I think is based on the Google system 

2 hours ago, Hayzee said:

Have you tried it with a different cable just to rule that out first?

Hi Much, 

Could it be that simple, I'm at work now, when I get home that's the first thing I'll do. 

2 minutes ago, S Dhuper said:

I'm getting no error messages on the infotainment screen or my phone, could it be because of Huawei is on the entity list? Or could it be because my Operating system is EMUI 12, which I think is based on the Google system 

I'm not sure to be honest. My phone is a Samsung (running OneUI) which works perfectly - with or without the AAWireless adaptor.

I assume that you have Googled the problem or visited the Huawei online forums?

3 minutes ago, Andy B said:

I'm not sure to be honest. My phone is a Samsung (running OneUI) which works perfectly - with or without the AAWireless adaptor.

I assume that you have Googled the problem or visited the Huawei online forums?

Thanks I'll try the Huawei forums, might get some answers there, I did Google it but nothing definitive, thanks 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links