Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Test report on LBX

On 3/24/2024 at 10:52 PM, Expatma said:

Mazda CX-30 felt gutless and I missed the power of a turbo at lower revs, had to really rev the Mazda to get it to go!

I always find it interesting how different drivers find the same car. Even coming from an RX, I found the less powerful CX-30 absolutely fine when test driving today. Power seemed good to me, not gutless at all. A bigger concern was the move back to a torque converter gearbox which I found quite jerky after years with the smooth eCVT.

I was quite impressed with the Mazda all round, but financially I can’t really make it make sense. If I’m downsizing I expect to pay significantly less, but that isn’t the case with any of the options.

I think I’m moving to a position of keeping the RX for another year, as the deal I got back in 2021 was so good even the higher insurance doesn’t offset the cost to change to an inferior vehicle. With the promise of a technical solution to CANBUS in April, I think it’s right to hold on for now. And after all, I do love the RX…

• Like 2

In my view, Lexus are the luxury arm of Toyota with bullet proof reliability.

Factory fitted standard items on a Lexus/Toyota Model cost c. 20% plus above list price when you compare any German offering with the equivalent spec yet their reliability is imperfect & the Trade ignores high-specced Audis et al.

My LBX will be the Eco Equivalent of the NX450i I nearly bought, given the standard Michelin Tyres are no match for the NX AVS but I do save 23k.

Tel

• Like 2

I test-drove an AWD LBX the other day and, although I tried to keep an open mind, I quickly came to the conclusion, fully aware that I was comparing apples and pears, that I wouldn't want to replace my ageing 2019 RC300h with one.  The LBX is quiet and comfortable, pretty rather than handsome in appearance, fairly nippy in town traffic, very well appointed with an excellent infotainment system, and feels sturdy and firmly-planted - but it is not a car I would want to use for motorway drives of any great length even though I personally undertake these less frequently than I once did.  I was offered a hefty discount off list-price for immediate delivery from stock of a top-spec Original Edition version, which, added to a generous trade-in valuation for my RC, was tempting.  But not tempting enough.  In short, I reckon the LBX would be an absolutely perfect second car for anybody wanting or able to afford one, but only if its main use is in and around large cities. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Rabbers said:

was offered a hefty discount off list-price for immediate delivery from stock of a top-spec Original Edition version, which, added to a generous trade-in valuation for my RC, was tempting.

^^ Interesting, as I’ve been told there are ‘very limited’ discounts available and Lexus offered the least amount for my RX as a trade-in! Mazda offered £3k more, MINI £2k more…mind you, Suzuki wouldn’t consider it as a trade-in at all…

Very useful review @Rabbers much appreciated.

Last Summer I drove to the South Coast & had no issues whatsoever ducking & diving above the National Speed Limit in my Yaris Cross which averaged 58mpg.

Previous year, my NX F-Sport ,on the same journey, averaged 38 mpg & was super refined.

My LBX will better my Cross & be close to my NX .

Assume the O.E. LBX was a cancelled Order &,lets face it, are costly for a FWD option.

Tel

Had a Video Call yesterday from my Dealer to say my LBX is scheduled for production this week.

My Lexus Link + Ap & The Lexus Portal do not show any movement but they may be in real time & only trigger when the Car actually is being made.

When I first ordered the Car, Lexus UK said I would receive 4 Video Calls,the next willl be when it leaves the Factory.

I understand Delivery will be mid- June.

When it is on the Ship I will see how much the Insurance is & whether Mud-Flaps are available.

Tel

On 4/3/2024 at 8:17 AM, Tel said:

Had a Video Call yesterday from my Dealer to say my LBX is scheduled for production this week.

My Lexus Link + Ap & The Lexus Portal do not show any movement but they may be in real time & only trigger when the Car actually is being made.

When I first ordered the Car, Lexus UK said I would receive 4 Video Calls,the next willl be when it leaves the Factory.

When it is on the Ship I will see how much the Insurance is & whether Mud-Flaps are available.

Tel

Mudflaps are available and surprisingly cheap.  I’ve ordered the tow bar and wiring too.  List price is £813 for the two.

• Like 1

Don

You infer you. are buying a LBX oe are the items for your BUD ?

Tel

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tel said:

Don

You infer you. are buying a LBX oe are the items for your BUD ?

Tel

A mate Terry.  We did lots of changes to his Yaris Cross but it got written off in the first month.  The waiting time for another matches a new LBX so he’s gone up in the world.  He needs a towbar and lighting for his bike.  

• Like 1

Took delivery of a white takumi  LBX three days ago. Quite a bit different from my 19 year old IS250. But this one is really for my wife. It handles well, corners well and is nearly as quiet inside as the IS.  
Shame about the lack of a full manual - though it is available online (and it keeps referring you to the multimedia manual which doesn’t exist except online inside what it calls the Navigation Manual !!!)

So far we are pleased with it except my wife hates the big multimedia screen which she says is very distracting. I have yet to discover how to turn it off.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Jimbean said:

Took delivery of a white takumi  LBX three days ago. Quite a bit different from my 19 year old IS250. But this one is really for my wife. It handles well, corners well and is nearly as quiet inside as the IS.  
Shame about the lack of a full manual - though it is available online (and it keeps referring you to the multimedia manual which doesn’t exist except online inside what it calls the Navigation Manual !!!)

So far we are pleased with it except my wife hates the big multimedia screen which she says is very distracting. I have yet to discover how to turn it off.

Sounds great, well done, I bet it looks lovely in white. No doubt it won’t sound as nice as the V6 although will be a lot more friendly on fuel!

On 4/3/2024 at 8:17 AM, Tel said:

Tel

When did place your order please, will give a timescale to the rest of us?  Cheers

Assuming it is Built this month it has been in the Processing Phase for 3 months & c. 2 to 3 months to Deliver.

Spec is critical & there is the odd cancelation if you are very lucky.

Tel

They’re an extra 2-3 weeks at sea now because they’re coming around Africa rather than the Suez.  

• Like 1

Don,

How much were the Mud Flaps as a matter of interest ?

I remain frustrated as my Ap still has not triggered Build in Progress.

Becomes exciting, as you well know., once you can track the Ship.

Terry

7 hours ago, Tel said:

Don,

How much were the Mud Flaps as a matter of interest ?

I remain frustrated as my Ap still has not triggered Build in Progress.

Becomes exciting, as you well know., once you can track the Ship.

Terry

I’ll check tomorrow but surprisingly cheap imo.  I’ve got two mates taking delivery of a new car, one Yaris and one LBX and neither have shown anything on the app other than “order processing” until it’s turned up at the dealer.  There was a delivery at Portbury yesterday and the ship has left for its next call at Zebrugge.   Are you sure yours wasn’t on it.   

Assume your LBX mate knew from his Dealer when his car will be delivered ?

My Dealer has told me mine is scheduled for Production (soon) which confirms the Lexus Tweet Team who told me in March my LBX is scheduled for Build in April with Delivery mid-June.

I informed my Sales Guy the Link & Portal Apps show no movement & he has informed me my car is in Production.Takes about 12hrs to produce a car & 72hrs or more to be in readiness to ship.

Once I can track my Vessel I will be content.

Tel

• Like 2

Saw my first LBX on the road today …. whilst in Taipei as part of my holiday 😆.

Looked good in White. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tel said:

Assume your LBX mate knew from his Dealer when his car will be delivered ?

My Dealer has told me mine is scheduled for Production (soon) which confirms the Lexus Tweet Team who told me in March my LBX is scheduled for Build in April with Delivery mid-June.

I informed my Sales Guy the Link & Portal Apps show no movement & he has informed me my car is in Production.Takes about 12hrs to produce a car & 72hrs or more to be in readiness to ship.

Once I can track my Vessel I will be content.

Tel

The car arrived on the 8th at Portbury.  It has to go to Toyota at Burnaston first then to the dealer who is predicting the 22nd.

I sent you a pm with prices.

• Like 1

Saw my first LBX on the road last Saturday. Looks good in white. Actually knew the driver so sent her a message and replied that "she loves the car".

• Like 3

On 4/8/2024 at 6:51 AM, Jimbean said:

My wife has just ordered a new LBX Takumi in White, with Saddle Tan interior, so we would be interested to know how you get on with it.  

• Like 1

Had my LBX for a week now and really like it. My first Lexus and I'm impressed with the quality. Changed from a Leon SR and wanted more bells and whistles as well as a better mpg having just retired. As a previous poster said, I tried both xc30 and xc40 Mazdas but we both really didn't like the lack of any grunt to get away from junctions etc. As also mentioned, not too bothered about the rear leg room as there are only the two of us. I find the online manual really frustrating as its not easy to go to what you want to find out and then to have to go to another reference. The actual hard copy owners manual is much better but only skims the surface. My dealership (Teesside) hadn't/couldn't load up the Lexus sat nav and pushed me to use Google maps instead. Taking time at home I was able to activate Lexus's myself and find it very good, I don't intend to faff around with using my phone for guidance (old gadgie alert!) The dealership are going to have to get involved though as asking for any map updates brings up advice to see them! I really enjoy the drving with the car and it will take a while to get used to all the driving and safety aids. Cosmetically the car looks top class and I'm pleased to have taken the plunge.

• Like 2

Paul,

Which model have you purchased & the Lexus Map auto starts when ignition is turned on.

I use apple Maps & my LBX should auto connect.

Tel

2 hours ago, Tel said:

Paul,

Which model have you purchased & the Lexus Map auto starts when ignition is turned on.

I use Apple Maps & my LBX should auto connect.

Tel

Hi Tel,

I have the Premium Plus Design. I'm sure there was a set up issue at the dealership. When I've investigated further with my official online app, the car was pre-regd at Newcastle (I knew I was buying a pre-reg, I thought it was at the Teesside dealership but that doesn't worry me) You're quite right about it should appear when ignition was turned on, but all that appeared was the compass. This is when the dealer tried to get me to use apple Maps. The car handover seemed very rushed. It didn't help that I don't and won't use my phone for emails so he struggled to get my phone to connect with the car.

I'll get it sorted when I pop over for another tank fill up my wife haggled for (she's much better at that than me!)

Thanks for your input Tel.

My Car is off Singapore on the Opel Ace Container Ship.

Chuffed.

Tel

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links