Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Insurance for LBX

On 3/14/2024 at 9:46 AM, Expatma said:

That's strange, when I checked they listed the range! Maybe worth a telephone call to Admiral to check?

Phoned Admiral, they're not insuring the Original Edition at this time.

The LBX is on a temporary code at the moment which is (P) this should alter soon when the insurance companies assess the car and put in its proper category. That's why people are getting silly quotes which are very expensive hopefully this will all be resolved soon. I hope this helps .

IMG_2054.jpeg

IMG_2033.jpeg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, robsmith115 said:

I finally have insurance sorted for my Original Edition! £439 from Lexus Insurance. 

Great new's now you can de stress .

• Like 1

Just been on Quidco and and compare the market, Admiral, Elephant, Diamond and Ford Insure have all now appeared given quotes ar £600 - 650 for an LBX Takumi Design, still about £50 more than my current NX350h, but less than the £870 quoted by Lexus insurance a few days back. With Quidco, also £45 cashback on offer.

Does anyone know if it’s normal for comparison websites and insurers to be so slow to add new cars to their quotation systems? Or is it just the likes of Lexus that insurers are so reticent to quote for?

I have previously bought cars in their 2nd or 3rd year of production and never had a problem getting dozens of competing insurance offers.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Expatma said:

Does anyone know if it’s normal for comparison websites and insurers to be so slow to add new cars to their quotation systems? Or is it just the likes of Lexus that insurers are so reticent to quote for?

I have previously bought cars in their 2nd or 3rd year of production and never had a problem getting dozens of competing insurance offers.

A couple of things I have been told by insurance companies this week - LV only add to/update their database every 6 weeks.

Admiral aren't insuring the Original Edition as 'parts are both expensive and hard to come by'

58 minutes ago, robsmith115 said:

A couple of things I have been told by insurance companies this week - LV only add to/update their database every 6 weeks.

Admiral aren't insuring the Original Edition as 'parts are both expensive and hard to come by'

That's interesting! Admiral called me back today (after telling me they'd take the issue up with their pricing team) and told me that it's just because their system hasn't updated yet... Good to know.

I haven't managed to get a quote yet from anyone other than insurethebox and tesco (a reseller of the insurethebox insurance) - even Lexus won't quote me (after phoning them up, I was told their system wasn't spitting out a number likely because I was out of their risk tolerance). It's looking like I'm going to have to go with one of the black box companies, at least for now!

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, Expatma said:

There are reasons not to buy first year production vehicles, and especially launch vehicles, but insurance isn’t normally too big an issue. Lexus seems to have been slow to get the LBX insurance graded for some reason.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I am in the process of purchasing a Lexus LBX and finding it impossible to get Insurance for the LBX. When it was going to launched they said it was to bring in a smaller,  less expensive Lexus. Why is it so difficult to get the Insurance on it. Any quotes sound ridiculous. 

• 3 weeks later...

Has any body collected there LBX's yet and got sensible insurance  price since the last posting ??  My vehicle is due end of April from Lexus - Hull and it would help to know if there was anyone in the same boat ?

Tried to get a quote from AVIVA today. Absolutely impossible .the LBX is still not listed, Told to try other insurers. Asked the agent to speak to the under righters but still nothing

My car is arriving at the dealers on 22th April

Pick my LBX up next week. Finally have some insurance at £865 from Admiral (gold). The next best price was £906 from Lexus insure, not as comprehensive as Admiral. None of the rest could quote less than 2k.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, GruffaloRider said:

Pick my LBX up next week. Finally have some insurance at £865 from Admiral (gold). The next best price was £906 from Lexus insure, not as comprehensive as Admiral. None of the rest could quote less than 2k.

I can get a 2024 RX 450h+ covered for not much more than 60% of the above quoted rate. 

2 hours ago, GruffaloRider said:

I have got quotes from Compare the Market @ £581 and from Confused £763 both Admiral Gold, both sites ONLY offer 11 quotations leaving around 100 companies NOT able to quote ( including my current insurer - Churchill ). Both quotes are in excess of 50% more than I currently pay for my Mercedes C class saloon !!!

Something is definitely wrong with the system  for this vehicle me thinks.

• Confused 1

On 4/2/2024 at 3:56 PM, SuperT said:

Has any body collected there LBX's yet and got sensible insurance  price since the last posting ??  My vehicle is due end of April from Lexus - Hull and it would help to know if there was anyone in the same boat ?

On 4/4/2024 at 5:49 PM, P M R said:

Tried to get a quote from AVIVA today. Absolutely impossible .the LBX is still not listed, Told to try other insurers. Asked the agent to speak to the under righters but still nothing

My car is arriving at the dealers on 22th April

Then your cars are on the Porgy passing the west coast of Spain.  My mate’s LBX is on it and due 22nd.  

IMG_0994.png

Try Admiral, we got a very sensible  3 month quote for Takumi spec. (to match the end date of my LC with Admiral). Time will tell what we get for both cars together on our renewal date at end of June. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Following in from this thread. I managed to get insurance today for my LBX when it is ready for collection. SAGA could not insure as the code is not on their underwriters database. I had several false starts with comparison websites, companies quoting they will insure & clicking the link. I got to their websites & yep, you guessed it. They can’t find the vehicle to carry on with the quote. Finally got all the way with Admiral (under £500) & can drive my car away when it’s ready. 3 hours well spent - not!

Karen

Edited by smiffiesbitd
Addition
  • Like 3

On 2/27/2024 at 4:30 PM, SH20 said:

The likelihood is your Insurer will notate your account as a change of car and when the LBX goes live will retro quote the premium adjustment.  As long as they have the registration number, make, version etc you won't be left without cover, particularly if you are down sizing one Lexus for a newer entry model Lexus.   If you insure through Lexus Insurance then you will also have that added protection.     Not a good luck for any own brand insurance product if their new LBX owners are left hanging and if the Police have cause to stop you they will likely ask you why your registration number doesn't match the car model.   At least you will be able to explain the background.   

I has difficulty insuring my LBX on the day I was collecting it...major panic. After turned down by 4 insurers including Halifax, Direct Line ans Aviva....finally found Admiral had updated their database.

• Like 1

On 3/11/2024 at 8:40 PM, Sandra W said:

I agree! My car has now arrived at long last, today I have tried numerous comparison websites and LV, Hastings, Lexus, Admiral etc. After a long and involved conversation I’ve decided to go with NFU at an eye watering £740, I’m sure the price will come down in the next few months so I’ll be keeping an eye on what’s happening and when and if the prices start to drop I’ll cancel my policy and start again. 
I’m collecting my LBX on Wednesday afternoon - I’m so excited and am sure it’ll be worth all the hassle…

If anyone wants to try NFU give them a call 0808 189 8702, I spoke to Cammy he was very helpful. 

I managed to get a quote from Admiral 3 weeks ago at £640..so took it as it was the only insurer who recognised an LBX existed..

• Like 2

On 3/12/2024 at 10:38 PM, Expatma said:

Admiral have the LBX in all variants on comparison websites. For a Premium Plus the quote was £602 - North Yorkshire, no accidents or claims, max NCD, retired - little competition at the moment but hopefully more insurers will now shortly list the LBX. Like "Robsmith" I am currently with LV so I’me waiting to see what their premiums are like before committing to purchase.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links