Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

My 2018 RCF is starting to suffer with lacquer peel on a few of the wheels and as a result feel I'm going to be getting them painted this spring.  I've swaying between a bright silver and black.  Any advances/opinions on either of these?  Ive attached a couple of photoshopped pics for reference (middle is the OEM finish)!

I like the silver as it looks clean and OEM+, though the black appeals to the racer in me!  Think I'm going to struggle to refurb to OEM spec due to the polished face and my location.....

Black Wheels RCF.jpg

Original Wheels RCF.jpg

Silver Wheels RCF.jpg

How about halfway? Mine are a kind of gunmetal grey and I like them. Not keen on silver wheels, and with black wheels I find they just look like a detail-less black void.

20230611_101753-01~2.jpeg

4 hours ago, James605 said:

How about halfway? Mine are a kind of gunmetal grey and I like them. Not keen on silver wheels, and with black wheels I find they just look like a detail-less black void.

20230611_101753-01~2.jpeg

The OEM wheels are gunmetal grey and although I like them, they look a bit flat…. Your car looks good but perhaps it’s the orange that makes it look different.

Hmmm 🤔 let me think about your choices…….BLACK possibly or black maybe or black defiantly 

yeah id go Black 😉👍🏻,

IMG_0364.jpeg

IMG_0298.jpeg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mr2lad said:

Hmmm 🤔 let me think about your choices…….BLACK possibly or black maybe or black defiantly 

yeah id go Black 😉👍🏻,

IMG_0364.jpeg

IMG_0298.jpeg

Is there such a thing as too much black??😁

• Like 1

19 hours ago, B1RMA said:

Not sure if satin bronze would go with your colour.IMG_0370.thumb.jpeg.68034c10511460bbc056e1bcd4ce0e6b.jpeg

I’ve had gold/bronze wheels before but think it would look daft on mine.  Looks good on your car but there are lots of colours that work on yours. I’m leaning towards black but can’t help think silver is nice too!

2 hours ago, Littorio said:

You cloud go the option I did to my OEM wheels.

(With new Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric's on the rear) 

wheels.thumb.jpg.56f1e038d79389ea3b4f283cb8a72d12.jpg

image.thumb.jpeg.a0a025c4ac410f8036a307d5751a6614.jpeg

Nice, who did those If you don’t mind me asking?

My diamond cuts will need doing at some point, but would like to keep them looking standard & wondered if I could get them redone with the original gun metal grey, but with the front coated silver to mimic the original polished finish. Wasn’t sure if this was possible until I saw your wheels!

@Littorio Hi Luciano,  thanks very much for the info.  I will definitely look into it & it’s not too far away which is a bonus 👍🏻

@DAW No problem, I'll be heading back there soon myself as they have sourced black wheel and locking nuts for my wheels. I've been looking since getting the wheels done, I managed to find wheel nuts but had no luck finding black locking nuts. These guys with their contacts made a few phone calls and can get them.

If you go they are located next to a Toyota dealer (Steven Eagell) and behind a Gulf petrol garage, there's a body shop, mechanics workshop and EMP exhaust workshop all in the one place. EMP did my custom axle back Powerflex exhaust.  

On 3/31/2024 at 5:19 AM, Littorio said:

@DAW No problem, I'll be heading back there soon myself as they have sourced black wheel and locking nuts for my wheels. I've been looking since getting the wheels done, I managed to find wheel nuts but had no luck finding black locking nuts. These guys with their contacts made a few phone calls and can get them.

If you go they are located next to a Toyota dealer (Steven Eagell) and behind a Gulf petrol garage, there's a body shop, mechanics workshop and EMP exhaust workshop all in the one place. EMP did my custom axle back Powerflex exhaust.  

A handy place to know by the sounds of it & thanks again for the info 👍🏻

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links