Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Proud to have reached this on my Honda!

b4u2

In our immediate family, we collectively have 4 Honda's in our "fleet" and not one of them has ever suffered a problem. None of them have ever failed a MOT (albeit one doesn't need one) nor ever had an advisory. With the oldest now being 11 years old on 80K miles, I'd say that was impressive. I feel pretty sure all of them would easily be more than capable of 100K or far greater. You'd really struggle to beat Honda for reliability. Way back in the nineties I had a Honda powered Rover 600 and I remember passing that on at 118K miles and the lad who took it over racked it up to 187|K before it finally failed its M|OT on rust. Again, till then no problems whatsoever.

• Like 2

I had an Islander green 2002 Honda Stream 2.0 Auto. Great car. The kids loved the back seats and their own air con. Don’t know why they didn’t sell more. You didn’t see many in the road. Traded it in for a 2.4 auto accord but the road tax and mpg on that got too much so I got a Lexus CT. 

I would have another Honda if they did something other than an SUV. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PaulWhitt20 said:

I would have another Honda if they did something other than an SUV. 

Civic perhaps?

I’ve also had a few Honda - before moving to Lexus in 2016. They are great cars, well engineered and beautifully built. The interior materials aren’t as plush as a Lexus, but then the prices aren’t as ‘plush’ either!

I’d have another Honda, and will likely end up with a Jazz at some stage once I’m drawing my pension 😇.

• Like 1

Yes, the civic looks nice but seems expensive at £36k. Maybe all cars look expensive these days. Still got the wife’s MK3 Jazz which has now been passed down to son as a first car.  Worst Honda we’ve ever had though. Gutless 1.3 engine and clunky gear change. Only good feature is it is huge inside. More space in the rear seats than an S class Merc. Good for the tip run or if going on holiday. 

I once had a Honda Jazz Hybrid as a rental and that for me was the surprise of the year. Great little car and due to the hybrid fast in city traffic. Great little thing and what more do you want from alittle runabout. BTW not so special for a Honda to reach 100k miles. Now , if it was a Range Rover...

I am a bit of a Honda fan (not sure if you can say that on here 😚) although I personally have never owned a Honda car.

I still have a lawnmower and motorbikes which have been very reliable.

Great to get a photo of 100,000. I'm sure I would have remembered at 100,003 🙈

• Haha 3

Had 4 Accords.  The last being a 2008 latest shape.  Great looking even now.  This model had an atrocious appetite for rear brake pads and seized calipers.  When the model was discontinued in around 2014. Honda didn’t have a suitable saloon. That’s when I got the Lexus bug and bought an IS 300h.  I wish they still available with the refinement of the ES.

I have actually had 4/5 honda's and they have been great cars although both my accords driveshaft failed and that was an expensive repair. I have noticed that a lot or maybe even most people tend to stick to the same brand forever once they are happy. Why change! If it ain't broke, don't fox it.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, b4u2 said:

I have actually had 4/5 honda's and they have been great cars although both my accords driveshaft failed and that was an expensive repair. I have noticed that a lot or maybe even most people tend to stick to the same brand forever once they are happy. Why change! If it ain't broke, don't fox it.

I am not particularly loyal to any brand. If they annoy me at all then I try someone else (hope Lexus is listening 😅)

I have changed from Ford to MG to Vauxhall to Saab to Audi and now to Lexus. Most have been good cars.

• Like 1

I have always had japaese cars, the likes of toyota & honda.

• Like 1

B4U2  most Honda fans would say 100k miles is barely run in. Since my first car an old school mini, i have exclusively driven Hondas for the last 30 years and they are Bombproof bar rear brake calipers seizing. Like Colin i had a Honda Accord and jumped ship to IS300h when Honda stopped making large saloons. I still currently own a 1998 Honda integra type-R which now currently sits at 208,000 miles and still revs freely to 9000rpm.

Cheers, Rob

• Like 1

My 2006 Honda Legend sadly still reposes at the garage (150k miles ) awaiting the discovery of a replacement radiator at sensible ££££££ 

Honda price to source from the Belgium EU Parts Centre @£995 ……. OUCH 😫 

Hopes now possibly found one and we can shortly move forward …… it’s a brilliant car which I’ve had 8 years and 45k miles …… the car that Honda just couldn’t sell here in the UK ….. tiny value coz no one wants them …… they only sold about 286 over some 6 years in the UK …… she’ll be back on the road soon I’m sure ….. she indoors just doesn’t really want to drive my Lexii 🤔

Malc 

• Like 1

Spare parts for Honda motorbikes were always very expensive. I presume cars were the same.

Normally you don't require many spare parts which is good. 

• Like 1

Remembering had to replace the alternator a few years back and the only availability was from a special low volume modern Honda sports type car 

Ok price though …… guess vendor keen to find a buyer …… at long last maybe 😄

Malc 

I had a Legend that I did 110,000 miles and traded it in for my first LS 400. The Legend made good money…! My wife has had seven Honda’s. A Civic, two Aerodecks, two Accord 2.2I’s and 2 Preludes. The Accords and the Preludes all had 4ws that helped parking etc… All the Honda’s were great cars… It was a shame that the last Prelude model that Honda made didn’t have the 4ws and the VTEC engine. I would have bought one if it had 4ws…

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_Prelude

Not wanting to put my wife back in a 2ws car. I managed to find a Prelude Motegi at Honda Bogner Regis, which I bought... That was her last car when because of her MS she was stopped from driving…    

Di's AeroDeck....jpeg

Prelude Motegi 4WS copy.JPG

• Like 2

I’ve always admired the look of the Prelude   My b-in-law from whom I bought the Legend had a Prelude prior ….. very smart car 👍

Malc 

• Like 2

I also had a 1987 Accord 2.2i before my Legend. My Legend had the 2.7 V6 engine... My Legend was a nice car but when I changed it for my first LS 400... I was gobsmacked at how nice the LS 400 was...!!!

• Like 1

The Ls400 is far far superior to the 2006 Legend 3.5ltr tho' it is ............ it's just that she indoors prefers driving the smaller and underpowered Legend cf the beauty of the 4ltr V8 😂

Malc

at long long last I've found a replacement radiator from Autodoc ( on line ) at @£148 and hopes it should be couriered to me within a few days now  .....  at 61% discount to their book price but way under the Honda Main Dealer at £995 !

Meant to say, as well as my Honda lawnmower I have a Honda T shirt 😅

Maybe some day I will have a Lexus T shirt 😅

• Haha 1

Does anyone have a spare honda or lexus t shirt for me please? 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links