Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Polish

I'd appreciate any advise on car care products for my 1994 LS 400. The car will be outdoors and although these cars don't rot, I wondered if anyone had any good experiences with polishes, weathershield systems, waxing and covers. Thanks

ZAINO

I HIGHLY recommend Zaino products. Go to www.zainobros.com and check out their web page. The process seems confusing, but it really isn't, and the results are better than ANY wax I have ever used. I have been taking car of my cars for over 45 years and have used many, many products. Zaino is head and shoulders above the rest. I am not a Zaino salesman, shareholder or have any interest in the product, except that I use it faithfully. The results are really amazing. Just follow the directions to a T and you too will be happy. Good luck.

Phil

• 2 months later...

I have tried a number of products and they have all given reasonable results but I always use Mer now. Unlike most other polishes, Mer can be applied when the car is wet. This means that, unlike other products where most of the polish sinks into your rag before getting on to the paintwork, you can damp the rag first. This saves a lot of polish.

This may seem like a skinflint approach but I save an awful lot of polish this way. I also suggest that you buy your car care products at car shows (I recommend the Bromley and Enfield Pageants). They are usually 25-40% cheaper than retail and you can haggle if you are buying in bulk.

Zymol is the best product by far.

Latest polish brand i have put in the bin latley was

Turtle wax

Auto Glym

zymöl products offer a complete Automotive Enhancement system to keep your car in showroom condition. The zymöl Hand-Crafted system contains natural washing, cleaning and feeding products. zymöl uses nutritive oils to replace the oils originally found in your car's finish without the use of harsh chemicals or abrasives. zymöl Hand-Crafted waxes have a Carnauba content of 33 to 61% by volume; five to ten times the Industry Standard.

This stuff takes away swirl marks and leaves no horrid white residue!.. A compliment to any Lexus

I am not a salesman either... just use the product and I am dead happy with it

If you use Mer watch the edges of the car where the paint tends to be a little thinner. a friend of mine had a beautiful cossie. but where he had used Mer all the time the base paint started to show through. on the corners of the car :(:(

Yes I would go along with this:):)

Autoglym's gone in the bin, its all hype.

The finish of Zymol is stuning, just stuning.

If you are going to JAE please only approach Steve's and my car with sunshades on as other wise you risk damage to your eyes. :o:o

They are so shiny:lol::lol::lol:

Originally posted by lexussport

Yes I would go along with this:):)

Autoglym's gone in the bin, its all hype.

The finish of Zymol is stuning, just stuning.

If you are going to JAE please only approach Steve's and my car with sunshades on as other wise you risk damage to your eyes. :o:o

They are so shiny:lol::lol::lol:

And mine its shiny too :cool::cool::cool:

Originally posted by Chris Shipley

I couldn't find it in Halfords either !.But I did find some good tyre cleaner

Turtle Wax Professional Tyre Gel

easy to apply and is water resistant

Halfords in Leicester do Zymol.... the one you went to may have been out of stock due to its popularity.

The tyre gel you have Chris - bright green bottle? I have been using this for a few months now after I saw a professional valeter using it - great stuff... good shine and lasts for ages... :yes:

Originally posted by ricky_is200

How much is Zymol Zee? The website looks expensive, 89.99 for the starter kit.

The Halfords I went in at lunchtime is pretty small, the one near my home is much bigger so I'll try there later.

The starter kit contains the proper stuff though - not the quick liquid stuff which is 'okay' that you get from Halfords.... the proper stuff is what I have used on my ickle CRX - check it out at JAE - not bad for an 8 year old car!!!! :D

Oh - get the Jappon starter kit - superb!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links