Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Front fogs or not front fogs

jenners

Originally posted by jenners

Do you put your front fogs on at night ?

Just interested to see if you use them at all like many others seem to do.

Just look at the cars and drivers that DO drive around with their fogs on, and you'll probably decide against it!!

I agree. I think I've used mine twice in the two years I've had my IS. Just dismayed at the number of other drivers putting theirs on all the time (and even more annoyingly - they just put their side lights on so that the front fogs come on - if they need to see then why don't they put their main headlights on:flaming:)

Glad you guys feel the same way

I tend to use my fogs at night when I'm driving down dark country lanes because the give that little extra light when theres no street lighting

As soon as I get to a lit road or built up area I turn them off.

We've got front fogs? :) Nope, been on once or twice - where I live we get a lot of light mist in the morning sometimes and it makes me laugh when all these cars come towards fogs on!

Do they really make a difference when it's foggy?

In the time I've had cars with front fogs (5 yrs ish) I think I've used them about 3 times for actual fog.

I get real irritated by the cnuts who have them ALL THE BLOODY TIME, especially with just side-lights coz it looks "cool".

I saw a Clio the other day with just front fogs on - no other lights at all.

Nothing wrong (IMO) with using them down dark lanes, as long as you turn 'em off for other road users, just as you would with main beam.

Agree with everything thats been said, folks using their f/fogs in non foggy weather is such a pain in the neck!

Always is the ones that want to race you as well ...... why is that :?:

BTW - I would agree with using front fogs at night on dark lanes etc, I had a bad experience a few years ago where I ruined an alloy by hitting a pretty "invisible" pothole on a country lane at night (at some speed as well) .... I find now that the f/fogs give a better visibility on the road surface due to their flatter beam (but always switch them off when someone else comes the other way!)

Originally posted by tonb

I find now that the f/fogs give a better visibility on the road surface due to their flatter beam (but always switch them off when someone else comes the other way!)

Yep, that's the idea of fogs - they penetrate below the fog level to light the road - headlights and high beam scatter light upwards that reflects on the water particles (fog) in the air. This comes straight back at you to blind you. Look at the packs of lights in Halfords, etc to see the light pattern emitted by various types of light..............

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links