Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Road Angel 2

Chris.S

:D Can we have an in depth forum on Radar Trap sensors? (unless I've missed it?) Seems a very useful thing, seeing how easy it is to stray, even without being a 'boy racer'! (sed he, ruefully; 3 points/£60 for 43 in a nice empty road...30 limit!)

:ph34r:

Took me about 5 mins to fit,

But you have a choice

I went for the quick option - bracket is easy both ways (2 suction cups onto the windscreen and a magnetic base holds the detector in place

(Easy wiring) springy cable just plugs straight into cigar lighter

(hard wiring) This cable is the one that you run down the back of the dash and wire into the back of the cigar lighter.

• 2 weeks later...

I've heard rumours the government is going make these detectors illegal again using a new law, has anyone else heard this

would be interested in their arguments.

The way I see it all speed cameras are located in known and proven accident black spots.

Any device that gives you advance warning of the location of these known and proven accident blackspots, so you can be extra vigilant can only be a good thing.

If fact, the more people who use them can only help reduce the number of accidents on the road - which is the purpose of the speed camera's in the first place.

I have a Snooper S6-R hard wired (the deal was that if the fitter drilled a single hole I would have to kill him, his family , and any close relative for five generations). Apart from the radar detector which is a modicum sensitive (now turned off) the unit works very well. Oh! and needless to say the GPS and radar/laser sensor were fitted without the need to add any extra passageways through the metal.

The way I see it all speed cameras are located in known and proven accident black spots.

Actually - Not.

There has been loads of stuff on this "proven" crap, it's all rubbish, i'd say 3 out of 10 of the camera's are on the hot spot areas, the rest are just money making traps!

How can a SIMPLE - CLEAR - STRAIGHT road, be an accident blackspot ? - They can't prove that's right, that's just what they tell everyone so they can make loads of CA$$$H !!

Grrrr !

Pete... Why oh why is yours not working still ?

Aint got a clue Steve its got a mind of its own mate.

Wish i'd gone for the Angel now ;)

pete.. mine loses signal in cloudy weather.. but doesnt jump out.

Sounds like the magnet is not working pal!

As I dont have a IS200 Navigator, I bought a TomTom Go unit and added the speed camera database. Works really well.

where did you get the speed camera database?

my father has just bought a TomTom Go, and was interested in this

First you need to update TomTom Go to Ver 4.40 at tomtom.com , That will enable you to maintain your POI's.

Then go here for the database http://www.pocketgps.co.uk/tomtom-go-poi.php

Hope this helps.

Actually - Not.

There has been loads of stuff on this "proven" crap, it's all rubbish, i'd say 3 out of 10 of the camera's are on the hot spot areas, the rest are just money making traps!

How can a SIMPLE - CLEAR - STRAIGHT road, be an accident blackspot ? - They can't prove that's right, that's just what they tell everyone so they can make loads of CA$$$H !!

Grrrr !

we all know that really is the case - but this is not the 'company line' put forward to the public.

banning camera detectors would be tantamount to admitting that speed cameras represent a revenue stream, and are not there for public safety. :D

Must say ehrn the B2 works 100% it is the dogs ..........

I do not like the way the new road angle has to attach to the screen.

The B2, is a terrific unit. I have sold 18 units now and had a fe problems with 4 units. these all had different problems, but the arranty issues are so good with my supplier... As Pete will tell ya.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links