Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Total Apathy

Bazza

well, i try to come to meets when i'm able - sometimes though i cannot commit in advance because of work - this is the case with the xmas dinner..

I do remember an official southern meet (which Chris drove for several hours to attend) that had a total of 3 members turn up, one of which was a newbie!

I don't think it's quite time to start disparing just yet though Barrie, I mean look at the JAE turnout - and lets be honest, I mean its not a perogative to attend meets if your a member of the club is it?

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well, i try to come to meets when i'm able - sometimes though i cannot commit in advance because of work - this is the case with the xmas dinner..

I do remember an official southern meet (which Chris drove for several hours to attend) that had a total of 3 members turn up, one of which was a newbie!

I don't think it's quite time to start disparing just yet though Barrie, I mean look at the JAE turnout - and lets be honest, I mean its not a perogative to attend meets if your a member of the club is it?

not disparing ........

thinking more of the club

dont think any of us want to see any part of it dissappearing

but if the organisers were to say that they wont bother any more , who could blame them :crybaby:

the meet this weekend and the one next weekend are both about three hours drive for me !

and you are right , its not perogative to attend meets , its not perogative to post posts or answer any problems , but it does all go to maintaining a nice friendly club

all the meets i have attended , i dont think there has ever been any age or race issues at all

take the chelternham meet , all ages, all colours, all had a great time !!

can anyone say that they havent enjoyed a meet ??

I'm with you on that Barrie... i have enjoyed most meets i have been to.

One thing I would like to bring up though, is there seems to be less 'bread and butter' meets, and more 'drive to europe/scotland' or 'xmas dinner' meets - and the additional cost of accomodation and/or food could be putting some people off..

just a thought....

One thing I would like to bring up though, is there seems to be less 'bread and butter' meets, and more 'drive to europe/scotland' or 'xmas dinner' meets - and the additional cost of accomodation and/or food could be putting some people off..

just a thought....

Sid, I'd say these are one offs and not the subject of barries rant :whistling:

It can be frustrating organising meets to little or no visible interest - hence why the monthly/bi-monthly meets stopped. We were organising visits to places like Beaulieu <sic> with no one ever being that interested. Meets were then just kept to car themes like JAPS and to a lesser extent (every few months).

Guess the thing is for you to all actively feedback on what you want from meets, and if what's currently on offer is the type of meet you'd like to attend. As the Club changes, we need to make sure the meets do too to some extent.

Personally, I'd like to thank the 'hard-core' who attend meet after meet, the ones that do make efforts despite other commitments, and those brave enough to attend as newbies (as I did when I first joined, petrified no one would want to talk to me as I had a standard car and came with baby in tow!).

:tomato:

I think I am one of the guity here! :crying:

I did come to gaydon, but that is the only meet I have been to. :blush:

I was very new then, and although everyone was more than friendly enough, I still am shamed to say I really don't 'know' that meny people in the club.

All I can say is Fair point guys and I will make a real effort to attend more meets and actually get to know some of you all! :winky:

At least I've had the guts to stand up here and admit I'm guilty as charged!!!!

See you soon then, Just gunna go and check at whats comming up!!!

P.S. SORRY!

Ok Guys (& Gals)

As far as I see it........everyone who owns a Lexus loves their car...quite often more than they should ;)

Over the last couple of years I have met some great people, made some good friends (not sure they see it like that though :shutit: ) and read tons of positive remarks about all things Lexus.

Meets are a fun & interesting way to interact with like minded peeps and talk about your favourite subject (or you could just talk about your car) :D

You get to see new faces and build up an even better relationships which in turn improves the way we all interact on the forums.

I can understand if financial, work or family commitments get in the way and it can be hard when your partner accuses you of loving your car more than them :crybaby:

Luckily I am as happy as a pig in poop looking at all bits car, but remember not all meets are 'all car' and have plenty of other things to do & look at (e.g. Chartwell 17th October) so......bring the family and lets have some fun days out and get the meets calender back on its feet.

Ok thats my 2p worth....shoot me if u wish :ban-em:

My excuse is that travel to and from the Isle of Man with a vehicle is expensive - £200. On one ocassion I managed to get together with a few members from the club in an unofficial meet in Manchester and I didn't even have my car with me (fly and hire), the experience of being able to put faces and speech after having conversed on this forum with them was a good experience and one I would like to do again.

It's just the dosh that keeps me away!

I would agree with all of the above, though I've not been a member long , I do notice when members do try and organize meets, the drop out rate is ridicuous !

Oh well .... what can we say ?

I see what is being said here, and i have to say i agree. From an organisers point of view, it is incredibly frustrating when you spend all that time putting something together, getting some interest, and then having to cancel coz you've lost the majority of your numbers.

This is not a dig at anyone in particular, and i can only apologise to norkep for the mis communication regarding the last meet i organised, and i do appreciate that there were genuine reasons attached to others, but i have to say that i don't feel i can be bothered to do another one.

That may change in the near future, but for now, it ain't gonna.

Sorry guys, and please don't feel it's a dig, it's just my feelings on this issue.

Stu

The meets are a great way of making new friends, and thats the only real way of looking at it.........

there is a member of this club, who is now the Godfather of my first daughter

i have been to birthdays of other members, i have had on quite regular occasions now quite a few "members"(friends) fly/drive over to germany to come and see me, and i have done the same back.

even though we are all Lexus enthusiasts we should look a little beyond that, the Brand is the Catalyst, the meets the reason, and the rest is upto each and every one of us.........

I come to as many meets as i can get to, at considerable cost to me.JAE cost me over £1300, i come not just for the cars, but the comraderie and the friendships i have made over the 3 years the club has been going.

and if i cant make it, why post? i dont really want to post on a meet and not turn up, as you guys may think im taking the P***..... ;) ;) ;) ;)

Well said Tony ;)

I do try to make as many meets as I can, but like others time, money and distance can get in the way. I do my best to make the big south/mids meets and local mini meets. I too have made good freinds from the club and like to continue meeting more like minded people. As Bazza says age and race isnt a barrier, think the Cheltenham meet went from 21 (moi) to Dinosoarer... And less then 30% of the meet was about cars.. i think :blink::lol:

And also it would be great to see something other then IS200s :duh:

Monthly/Bi Monthly Meets? What happened to these? :whistling:

Monthly/Bi Monthly Meets? What happened to these? :whistling:

Used to organise them - meets at stately homes, car museums etc. Interest dwindled, one Southern meet attracted 3 members and I decided just to concentrate on the bigger meets.

That'll be the one..me you and bazz turned up too then

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links

Lexus Owners Club Powered by Invision Community

eBay Disclosure: As the club is an eBay Partner, the club may earn commision if you make a purchase via the clubs eBay links.

DISCLAIMER: Lexusownersclub.co.uk is an independent Lexus forum for owners of Lexus vehicles. The club is not part of Lexus UK nor affiliated with or endorsed by Lexus UK in any way. The material contained in the forums is submitted by the general public and is NOT endorsed by Lexus Owners Club, ACI LTD, Lexus UK or Toyota Motor Corporation. The official Lexus website can be found at http://www.lexus.co.uk